It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TSA Workers Admit To Stealing Huge Amounts Of Cash From Passengers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

ABC News reports…. A TSA supervisor at the ironically titled Newark Liberty Airport has pleaded guilty in a federal court to multiple counts of theft, as well as admitting to taking bribes and kickbacks from another TSA worker to “look the other way”, while the agent he was supervising stole more money from travelers. Giving up your rights does not make you more safe. In fact just the opposite. Looks like Ben Franklin was correct when he said Paraphrase… “people willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will lose both”

This sucks. I hope something is done about people like this. Nicking money from passengers is just so dishonest and corrupt. Is it possible to replace this agency? All i hear are violations of peoples liberties and now violations of property, I guess. What do people think? I don't actually know a huge amount about this....

______beforeitsnews/story/684/884/TSA_Workers_Admit_To_Stealing_Huge_Amounts_Of_Cash_From_Passengers.html

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
See. its been said before and again..TSA is nothing but thugs crooks thieves and molesters..everything shy of murderers and rapists. TSA hould be forced to have its doors # for good, bulldozed intot he ground, and a cemetary built ontopp of it, parking garage even..how about a new jsutice office of the peace! that should win some ground.
shame on TSA stealing passengers money and frisking n groping them tsk tsk tsk bunch of thugs n pimps

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
It is simple if you want to avoid the molestation and not be ripped off when traveling give your business to either Greyhound or Amtrak and this ordeal can be avoided altogether.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggy1706
See. its been said before and again..TSA is nothing but thugs crooks thieves and molesters..everything shy of murderers and rapists. TSA hould be forced to have its doors # for good, bulldozed intot he ground, and a cemetary built ontopp of it, parking garage even..how about a new jsutice office of the peace! that should win some ground.
shame on TSA stealing passengers money and frisking n groping them tsk tsk tsk bunch of thugs n pimps

A handful of TSA employees were found guilty of stealing. Therefore, all TSA employees are thieves? That is no different from saying that because a blue eyed man was found guilty of murder, all blue eyed men are murders.

It's an incorrect conclusion.

What's the matter with you?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

The TSA is coming to Amtrak very very soon too!!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Yea, I think ya got it right there. I especially like the "just shy of murderer and rapist" part. Murder is unlikely, but rape, just give it time. The ego trip these jack-tards get from performing their jobs pretty much sets the stage psychologically for them to eventually delve into rape. I mean seriously, their job is to touch people in ways that would send the average Joe to prison.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pseudonaut

A handful of TSA employees were found guilty of stealing. Therefore, all TSA employees are thieves? That is no different from saying that because a blue eyed man was found guilty of murder, all blue eyed men are murders.

Yep, just forget the simple fact that TSA employees strip search the 3 year old children, 80 year old women and everyone else in between... and if not that then they view nude x ray photos of said people they are "protecting"... yeah... because every person who was born with blue eye choose to be born with blue eyes, unlike TSA employees who are being forced to body search children. right?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pseudonaut

Yep, just forget the simple fact that TSA employees strip search the 3 year old children, 80 year old women and everyone else in between... and if not that then they view nude x ray photos of said people they are "protecting"... yeah... because every person who was born with blue eye choose to be born with blue eyes, unlike TSA employees who are being forced to body search children. right?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by ReadyPower

As far as I know, there never was a 3 year old strip searched by the TSA. There was a video making the rounds in which a father (quite randomly) removed his young son's shirt while the boy was receiving a pat down. As I'm sure you know, the TSA pat downs involve the agent running their fingers on the inside of the elastic band of the underwear, which was what you saw happening in that video.

But nevermind the facts, let's go with the "strip search" story, because it fits our agenda and it's fun. Sure, why not!

But let's assume, as I think we can, that there is some inappropriate behavior among TSA employees -- the TSA has over 50,000 employees, so a handful of isolated incidents do not a pattern make. Even if you had 100 people in the TSA massively abusing their power (and judging by the cases that have made the rounds online, the number is much, much less), that still woudln't be any reason to blacklist all of them.

What you're doing is no different than racial profiling.
edit on 6/3/2011 by Pseudonaut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Pseudonaut

Maybe the agency needs a few more investigations into their conduct so that they have stricter hiring practices or something, a better screening process for potential applicants?

There definitely needs to be change within that agency. They should make an example of people like this.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by sir_slide
reply to post by Pseudonaut

Maybe the agency needs a few more investigations into their conduct so that they have stricter hiring practices or something, a better screening process for potential applicants?

There definitely needs to be change within that agency. They should make an example of people like this.

I agree fully. I have no love for the TSA, and I think it's important for all of us to keep a close eye on any governmental organization with that much power.

But at the same time, let's be level-headed, and not label everyone a criminal because of the actions of a few.

top topics

join