It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Better World Without Men?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by 4Starlight2Decay0
reply to post by mblahnikluver

Men will fight and the argument is over once and for all, women would rather have little skirmishes over the subject as many times as possible untill someone cries then its over for the day and starts back up tomorrow. Love my ladies though

Oh Im female and I agree! Guys will duke it out and the next day they are friends again having a beer laughing over their argument. Women...omg they let it simmer and rehash it every chance they get. This is why I have more guy friends and very few female friends. I have about 4 that I am close to lol I don't do gossip and drama!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
This is why I have more guy friends and very few female friends. I have about 4 that I am close to lol I don't do gossip and drama!

I wonder how many female ATSers there are for which that's the same, having few female friends and many male ones... I am close to one female and a number of males. Been that way since I was a wee Lass.

Ooops. Off topic. Maybe I'll start a thread.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Although my male senses are telling me this thread's full of traps..., I think it's an interesting idea. A world in which -let's assume- women can reproduce using bio-enginereed sperm and conduct pregnancy to give birth only to girls. Humm...

1st big thing, Sexuality. How would you alter sexuality appeal? And I do not mean sex needs, I mean the deeper currents that somehow rule our lives. I guess you should lead and enter a generational process, desengage sexuality as it's been developed to-date and enter a truly new era, a new notion of sex, love and reproduction pulses. Dont forget love it's nothing more than a chemical beautiful wrapping for reproduction needs as species. So that should be changed too.

2nd big thing, Society. Would a good half or quarter of women (world) population reproduce men performances and roles or you'd just wipe them all away as a whole? As male I cant answer, I dont know. You'd probaly couldnt agree on that. And as an extension to that: what sort of Government would you conform? I mean, Matriarchy is just the reverse to Patriarchate and one can't be understood without the other.

3rd big thing, Supplies. In short: who do you think built the catwalks you walk on?

edit on 3-6-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees
3rd big thing, Supplies. In short: who do you think built the catwalks you walk on?

I'm thinking robots would fit the bill on THIS issue....

Just thinkin'.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
The reason males are more violent(at the moment)are due to them being the ones who protect their families and nature proves this.Male lions are the alpha males of the pride and without him,the lioness and the pride will likely stand no chance(although she can be violent too)against other males OR females....so there would likely be no existing members of a group of beings without violence.

In society though,females are getting out of hand and the crime rates committed by women(assault,robbery etc)are now equalising men or even surpassing the crime rates of males.So no,the world wouldn't be better without men because then women would have to take over the males roles and become more violent anyway.

Its just nature and how what we are built up to be.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Amaterasu

Originally posted by AboveTheTrees

I'm thinking robots would fit the bill on THIS issue....

Just thinkin'.

Robots? Ok. And who erects the robotized factory that produces robots? But ok, let's assume a Women World is full of robots that supply force. Im ok with that.

edit on 3-6-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
All I can say is if men were not trying so hard to impress the females and if the majority of females didn't play so much into the "bad boy" image then there would be no reason for men to be so violent. Especially in their teenage years the guys are doing all that craziness to try and get a "popular" girl who only goes after the "bad boys". Most grow up, some never do. Now, this is coming from a male who has never been violent and never played the bad boy. I have always (even as a teen) been a lover not a fighter. I saw first hand how that works out for you. Sure I can feel good that I had the more mature attitude at a very young age. However, I remember always hearing from the female population growing up, "Your a really nice guy, but you are just "too nice" for me.

Now that being said, as an adult I don't run into that problem much anymore. In fact, more often I am told that if more guys were like me the world would be a better place. I am not egotistical by any means. I am humble. However, as we become adults and mature the majority sees that the "bad boys" are really not going to get anywhere. They are a waste of time. So the bad boys either grow up or the females grow up and the nice guys do end up finishing first in that regard. They get an awesome beautiful lady like I have because she has grown tired of the bad boys and wants to be treated like a real person and appreciated by someone who really cares. That is not to say that someone should be a coward. There is a difference between someone who stand up for what is right and someone who is always wanting to pick a fight because they think it makes them awesome. There are also those guys who are cowards and they like to put themselves in the "nice guy" category so they can feel like it is not their fault. You can be a nice guy and have a backbone at the same time. Anyways, I think this world would be boring without both sexes. I do believe that if more people were educated as to the ridiculousness of their immature ways it might help. you have to show the girls somehow that they need to want better for themselves and not feel sorry for the "poor pitiful angry" young men. If you could get the young females to want the nice guys, then the "bad boys" would try harder to be nice guys and that might take us a step in the right direction.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

I guess it's just nature for every yin, a yang
edit on 04/28/2011 by 4Starlight2Decay0 because: ds

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by 2manyquestions

Hi! I read the first page so don't know if what i'm about to write has ben written on pages 2 onwards:

I see your point and i gotta admit that while growing up most guys do get into trouble whether that be with another guy or guys or whether that be via some criminal act such as what you've mentioned... no i would say that this usually comes down to who you associate with while growing up... you may for instance start smoking/drinking just because your friends do so and then you may rom there start stealing/fighting just because you are part of a group which does this and then there are others who attack women because someone else in the group may have done so etc etc.. and then you get the lone gunman ho has become violent because maybe he was ridiculed at school by both men and women so he goes off to get his revenge!!

I think it's just a tough Society, a tough World where people need to prove themselves in some shape or form!!

Having said this please don't think all men are out to cause violence against others.... maybe you have been violated in your past or know someone who has been violated but you just need to meet someone nice like myself

Greetings and Salutations

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Historically, there are cultures whose men were not 'in control' who did very well.

Many native American tribes were and are matrilineal, meaning that the women are the elders who get the final say about pretty much everything.

They prospered for many years, and yes, they had wars and violence, but the ultimate big decisions were made by the oldest women. Makes sense, since women live longer...

But OP, your question was pertaining to a world WITHOUT men, or the influence of men.

The answer I give is:

While it would be less violent at the beginning, it would be MORE violent eventually. Women can be and are far more vindictive and hold grudges much, much longer than men are able to.

Men look for solutions, women look for emotions. Meaning, a man may punch another man in the face quicker, but its over after that. A woman may wait a much longer amount of time to do anything, but once she does- look out! She's aiming for the jugular.

I was head of security at a very rowdy biker bar for a couple years, and I can tell you that I'd much rather break up a fight between two huge bikers than two huge bikers little tiny girlfriends. The bikers want a swing each, the girlfriends won't quit until they can't physically see each other any more.

Women are mean....

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies, everybody.

It seems to me that some of you are missing my point entirely. I think some of you are making replies on the title alone without reading my original post. Maybe that's my fault. Maybe I should have worded the title better, but I was hoping people would read what I wrote before replying.

I'm bringing up questions rather than the belief that all men should be wiped off the planet. I also clearly state that women are no angels, HOWEVER, the male gender (based on statistics and pure observation) is responsible for many more deadly and violent crimes. Do women kill, cheat, lie, steal, abuse? Absolutely! HOWEVER the male gender is responsible for committing a very high percentage of these crimes. It's astounding, actually, how many more of these violent and deadly crimes the male gender is responsible for.

Despite all the crimes committed by men (making this a dangerous society to live in), I am not suggesting we get rid of men completely. I've met many great men in my life. Some bad, some good. What I'd like to do (in my ideal world) is figure out what's different about the good men and the violent men, and try to phase out whatever it is that makes a man rape a woman, child, or another man, whatever it is that makes a man torture and kill his fellow human beings. We don't have to have a society without men, we just need a society with a male gender far less prone to react violently to certain situations. We need men with self-control! How to achieve that is beyond me at this point.

Some of you suggest that males are violent because of single parent homes. What about the women who grow up in single parent homes? Why are they not as prone to become brutally violent despite having lived a similar situation? Yes, some of them will grow up to be cruel individuals,..... but.... again..... the ratio of men to women committing these crimes is astounding.

Both men and women need to learn to be more compassionate and keep from hurting each other, but my point is that there is a far greater number of men who cause violent pain and suffering to those around them. All you have to do to figure this out is watch the news once in a while. Who's waging wars? Who's shooting up a Liquor store? Who's crawling through people's windows to kidnap, rape or kill women and children? Who's sexually abusing children in churches? Who is shooting up the neighborhood and selling people into sexual slavery? Who is the customer and how many of them are males paying for sex slaves? To deny that most of these violent crimes are committed by men is to remain blind to the problem.

Do good men exist? Absolutely. I've met them myself! My desire is not to get rid of men. My desire is to get men rid of their violent and out-of-control tendencies.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

Hi! I read the first page so don't know if what i'm about to write has ben written on pages 2 onwards:

I see your point and i gotta admit that while growing up most guys do get into trouble whether that be with another guy or guys or whether that be via some criminal act such as what you've mentioned... no i would say that this usually comes down to who you associate with while growing up... you may for instance start smoking/drinking just because your friends do so and then you may rom there start stealing/fighting just because you are part of a group which does this and then there are others who attack women because someone else in the group may have done so etc etc.. and then you get the lone gunman ho has become violent because maybe he was ridiculed at school by both men and women so he goes off to get his revenge!!

I think it's just a tough Society, a tough World where people need to prove themselves in some shape or form!!

Having said this please don't think all men are out to cause violence against others.... maybe you have been violated in your past or know someone who has been violated but you just need to meet someone nice like myself

Greetings and Salutations

I want to THANK YOU for actually reading the original post before replying. Many skipped this step while replying. I absolutely agree with you. Although I've witnessed, heard about and also experienced to some point the rage of some men, I don't think all men are bad. Not at all. My concern is only with the high percentage of the male species that succumbs to violent behavior. I don't want to get rid of men, I would only like to get rid of this dangerous male tendency for violence. Women need to work on their own issues, of course.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Besides, a world with out men would be a world with no humans after about 120 years.

Get rid of one sex and you wipe out the whole species.

So, no it would not be a better place.

Not really. Males would still be born.

And some scientists say frozen sperm is healthier then "direct from the spout".

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Very well put. Men are more efficient when dealing with their emotions. They go at it, fix it, deal with it, and then it’s done. Women continue to pick at it, hurt it, revisit it, and over all continue to cause pain to themselves and everyone around them. My fiancé has no friends that are girls. She says their too much to handle. And not worth it. Something to be said here thread creator.

Mother drowns herself and 3 of her children
www.latimes.com...

edit on 3-6-2011 by kellynap43 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Oh Im female and I agree! Guys will duke it out and the next day they are friends again having a beer laughing over their argument. Women...omg they let it simmer and rehash it every chance they get. This is why I have more guy friends and very few female friends. I have about 4 that I am close to lol I don't do gossip and drama!

I have more guy friends too. I'm not a "girly girl". I go to the restroom all by myself

However - is it nature or nurture - - - that women keep things to themselves - - rather then "get it out and have a beer"? We aren't that many years removed from women being and treated as second class citizens and told to keep their mouths shut.

I raised two daughters and am now raising my grandson. There is definitely a "nature" difference. But - I still think women are taught to be women - - a lot of the time. And men are taught to be macho.

"Nevermind" - - is a word that is not allowed in our home. I'm also raising my 11 year old granddaughter. If you see something is bothering her and ask her "What's wrong" - - she better spit it out - - because holding stuff inside only hurts the body its being contained in.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
next thing you know, people will be posting about male animals raping their counterparts (females) because the female would not appear to be giving consent to the male.

ridiculous post.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by kellynap43

Very well put. Men are more efficient when dealing with their emotions. They go at it, fix it, deal with it, and then it’s done. Women continue to pick at it, hurt it, revisit it, and over all continue to cause pain to themselves and everyone around them.

My daughter is not like that. She speaks her mind - - gets it out - - and its over.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
In the two examples from the animal kingdom, dolphins and elephants, you left out a key variable.

Older males.

In both these examples, older males were not present, having been killed, or choosing to live a loner's life.

As such, younger males have no role models with which to model themselves after.

And, that is a very important factor in our own society as well.

A woman can show a girl how to become a woman, but it takes a man to show a boy how to be a man.

For a bunch of different reasons, men are not around as much when boys are going through adolescence.

This makes the male children raise themselves, and look for their role models on TV.

The absence of the adult male is the reason for so much violence among male youth.

It's an epidemic of truly horrible proportions.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Then your daughter is very level headed and one out of a million. I know I dont have to tell you, but your lucky.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Maybe one way would be to inject the males with a few female chromosomes at birth

but please don't suggest this to TPTB as they may stick something else in the needle!!
edit on 3-6-2011 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join