It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A Better World Without Men?

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheInterceptor
Women are more prone to provoking violence in my opinion. I wonder what percentage of the violent criminals in prison had a woman wispering in his ear prior to the crime or became violent because of a womans actions. I am in no way justifing anyone committing crime, i am simply pointing out that women are very capable of manipulating men into such acts, more so then the other way around in my opinion.

Women are also craftier than men when it comes to crime. any expert will tell you a womans weapon of choice when committing homicide is poison. Poison related deaths can often be excused as natural deaths or suicides. Men are messier and leave behind more topical evidence.

I guess my point is that i think women are just as bad as men when it comes down to it, they are just better at covering their tracks and having others do their dirty work.

Interceptor

I see what you're saying as far as manipulation goes, but you have to remember that these roles do reverse. Remember Charles Manson? Although the women committed murder, it was Charles Manson who "manipulated" them into doing it. To me they're guilty without a doubt, no matter what was whispered into their ears. I know you're not trying to justify crime in that way, but just remember that each person is responsible for him/herself. Nobody is going to talk me into killing anyone unless the situation is extremely dire, and even then I'm not sure I'd do it. It would take years of brainwashing to accomplish what Charles Manson did.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Men are generally better suited for activities that might involve violence, so they're generally the one's who do it.

If your family "needs" money and someone is gonna break into a house etc. etc. the Father or older Son is generally going to be the one best suited for the "job."

It really isn't any more complicated than that.
edit on 3-6-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2manyquestions
.... but the ratio of male crimes vs. female crimes seems much higher than it should be.

Women get away with more so the statistics don't surprise me.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Close this sexist thread The op is nothing but a sexist that clasesfies people by the outside. The op is a horrible person imo. Whats your next thread? A better world of all whites? Wow what a sexist bs topic everyone deserves to be judged on there merit not tossed into some group and labelled. I hope you get treated like this by poeple in your life since you obviously treat others like this. Closet sexist. Close this sexist propaganda thread.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by SevenBeans
Men are generally better suited for activities that might involve violence, so they're generally the one's who do it.

If your family "needs" money and someone is gonna break into a house etc. etc. the Father or older Son is generally going to be the one best suited for the "job."

It really isn't any more complicated than that.
edit on 3-6-2011 by SevenBeans because: (no reason given)

I see where you're going with it, but how do you explain the kidnapping, rape and murder of children, women and sometimes even men? These are not motivated by "providing" for a family. Do you have to kill somebody to obtain food, clothes, or whatever else? Our society has certain services in place which provide for people who are in need. It takes a bit of work to find these places and stand in line, but they are there for the taking. No need to take a human life over it.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by MaxNormal

The OP is seriously one of the most hateful spiteful persons I've ever encountered.

Very disrespectful to the males of this world.

OP, how can you preach how perfect women are when you yourself are showing your dark bitter side?

Disturbing.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Do yourself a favor and read the original post. The OP is merely looking at violent crime statistics, and noticing the vast difference between men and women.

It may just be as simple as physical attributes. More brutality because men are more muscular. Maybe women participate equally in violent acts, but don't leave as much damage. Plus, no man would call the cops to say a woman just beat him up. Less reporting...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Please read the original post. I have no intention of ridding the world of men. I don't argue for it. I argue for finding a way to help men control their violent urges. Not all men are violent, many men wouldn't hurt a fly, but the statistics speak for themselves. Jails are filled with violent male criminals at a much higher percentage than violent female criminals. This to me signals a big problem. I posed a questions, which is along the lines of; What do you think we need to do in order to reduce the high percentage of violent crimes committed by males?
It doesn't matter how much you backpedal. It's easy to pick up what you envision from the subtleties of your tone. You speak as if men are innately violent and abusive. Men do stupid things to impress their women, and yes, even other men. As a crude example: a woman wants a man with money, the man wants the woman but has no money, a crime ensues. Society is to blame, lack of equality is to blame, quality of life is to blame. I answered your question before you even asked it, you see, but I'll go into more detail. Crimes are done mostly in places of poverty, where people are with less options and often resort to crime. Because some societies still view man as the one solely responsible for keeping food on the table, men are burdened with the desire to keep their woman/family happy, and often resort to crime when they think there is no other way. It's the conditioning over all these years.

Simple.

Men were born hunters, pillars of the household. Women were born nurturers, the roof of the household. Times have changed however, but these qualities still persist in us. But in a world like today, it's less black and white like it used to be. The gentle fusion of both aspects and a less imprisoning world are what will abolish your perceptions of men.

The tables can easily turn, remember that. Women are fully capable of doing the same things men are, given enough time and conditioning.
edit on 3/6/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaxNormal
Close this sexist thread The op is nothing but a sexist that clasesfies people by the outside. The op is a horrible person imo. Whats your next thread? A better world of all whites? Wow what a sexist bs topic everyone deserves to be judged on there merit not tossed into some group and labelled. I hope you get treated like this by poeple in your life since you obviously treat others like this. Closet sexist. Close this sexist propaganda thread.

Your post is ironic. You accuse me of judging people from the outside, yet you didn't bother to read the original post at all. If you had, you would have seen that whatever it is you believe I argued, I didn't. It amazes me how many people came in here with knee-jerk reactions without reading the original post first. No wonder the world is screwed up.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
watch "the science of evil"

the issue here is about aggression. the aggressive side of the predator/prey reality.

to have a better world...

1)telekinesis
2)telepathy
3)universal order

that's all it would take.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimnuggits
Do yourself a favor and read the original post. The OP is merely looking at violent crime statistics, and noticing the vast difference between men and women.

It may just be as simple as physical attributes. More brutality because men are more muscular. Maybe women participate equally in violent acts, but don't leave as much damage. Plus, no man would call the cops to say a woman just beat him up. Less reporting...

read all of the OP's post and you see something differnt.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SolarE-Souljah
reply to post by MaxNormal

The OP is seriously one of the most hateful spiteful persons I've ever encountered.

Very disrespectful to the males of this world.

OP, how can you preach how perfect women are when you yourself are showing your dark bitter side?

Disturbing.

What am I supposed to say to this, especially since this post is completely unfounded? I don't preach that women are perfect. You can read all of my posts and replies, and you'll see that you're absolutely wrong. I'm not bitter, spiteful or hateful. I suggest you read the original posts in a thread before you waste your time replying.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

What am I supposed to say to this, especially since this post is completely unfounded? I don't preach that women are perfect. You can read all of my posts and replies, and you'll see that you're absolutely wrong. I'm not bitter, spiteful or hateful. I suggest you read the original posts in a thread before you waste your time replying.

Maybe you don't preach it but you do have tendencies.

But any ways I would really like you to awnser this question.

What would you do if you a hungry child and you had no money, no food, nothing to trade, the food banks were all closed, and you couldn't find anyone to give you any food at all? I don't want to know what you wouldn't do I want to know what you would do.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mercurio

Originally posted by nightbringr
Going all Amazon are we?

Interesting question. If women were to simply keep men as breeding stock, but otherwise govern the world themselves, I think the world would probably be quite Utopian!

I'm sure the biggest problem would be that of course many women would want male life partners, and these women would have to be suppressed somehow. Would be a peaceful, if frighteningly totalitarian world.

Peaceful and frighteningly totalitarian are incompatible adjectives.
Explain Margaret Thatcher, Sarah Palin and Hillary Clinton. All three approve of war.

I dont think they are incompatable.

Im thinking a world as illustrated in say the movie Equilibrium. All emotions are removed from the human race, and no longer rule us. Wars are a thing of the past and peace reigns worldwide. Sounds Utopian, doesnt it?

But its not. People do not feel, they simply are. Being human is to embrace our natures, the good and the bad. By removing the bad, they in a sense removed all that was good. I see this in very much the same way.

And i say totalitarian, because a very strict government would be needed, if strict only in very specific ways. Men would have to be used as breeding stock, no more, no less. Laws would have to be put into place to deal with women who grow emotional attachments. Undoubtedly undergroud resistances would form to try and "free the men". Some women would not want to give up or murder their male children.

And yes, some women approve of war. When your neighbour is kicking you around, sometiime the only thing they understand is a bloody nose.

Its entirely possible these women did not believe in war. Political pressure will make you do things you would never have done otherwise. That being said, yes, i do believe these women believe in war. I still cant see a world ruled by women as nearly warlike as what we have now.

edit on 3-6-2011 by nightbringr because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I sure am glad only males are violent and commit crimes.oh snap

Except for those pesky child murderers.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by subtopia

The world would change in three weeks if every woman around the world simply said no.

I dunno. Mine said "no" about three years ago, and never backed off that stance. My world hasn't changed all that much over it, except that it IS a bit more peaceful and quiet without her now, and I've got more money. The old saw about how "two can live as cheaply as one" is bunk.

I mean, seriously - why bother keeping anyone around (much less keep them up) if they continually sound like a two year old who has just learned the word "no"? I learned a new word too, actually an entire phrase - "don't let the door hit you in the ass on yer way out".

This "battle of the sexes" thing is ridiculous. No one actually needs any one. If they do, they're way too needy. Ya'll want to fight the battle, find another house to fight it in. Mine's off limits. Cooperation gets a lot more done, and I can live without conflict if cooperation ain't an option.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur

Please read the original post. I have no intention of ridding the world of men. I don't argue for it. I argue for finding a way to help men control their violent urges. Not all men are violent, many men wouldn't hurt a fly, but the statistics speak for themselves. Jails are filled with violent male criminals at a much higher percentage than violent female criminals. This to me signals a big problem. I posed a questions, which is along the lines of; What do you think we need to do in order to reduce the high percentage of violent crimes committed by males?

It doesn't matter how much you backpedal.

I don't have to backpedal. All you have to do is read what I wrote. I haven't changed my view since my original post. I've been on point the entire time.

It's easy to pick up what you envision from the subtleties of your tone. You speak as if men are innately violent and abusive.

After reading the story on young male dolphin gangs, out of curiosity I went to search for incarceration statistics of men versus women. I expected to find about 60%/40% ratio, but to my surprise the difference was as much as 86%/18%. Maybe it isn't to you, but to me that's startling. It got me thinking hypothetically, it made me want to know how this ratio could be lowered for men, and I came up with my post in hopes that I get some good feedback from ATS. Unfortunately too many people want to see something in my post that isn't there. No, I am not a man-hater. I'm only exploring possibilities.

Men do stupid things to impress their women, and yes, even other men. As a crude example: a woman wants a man with money, the man wants the woman but has no money, a crime ensues. Society is to blame, lack of equality is to blame, quality of life is to blame. I answered your question before you even asked it, you see, but I'll go into more detail. Crimes are done mostly in places of poverty, where people are with less options and often resort to crime. Because some societies still view man as the one solely responsible for keeping food on the table, men are burdened with the desire to keep their woman/family happy, and often resort to crime when they think there is no other way. It's the conditioning over all these years.

Simple.

No... it's not "simple" at all. You're talking about defensive and survivalist reactions. I'm talking about violent crimes that have nothing to do with survival. I'm talking about violent kidnapping and rape of children, women, and sometimes even men,... homicide, and brutal spats that end in violent deaths. These acts of violence have no place in "providing" for a family.

Men were born hunters, pillars of the household. Women were born nurturers, the roof of the household. Times have changed however, but these qualities still persist in us. But in a world like today, it's less black and white like it used to be. The gentle fusion of both aspects and a less imprisoning world are what will abolish your perceptions of men.

The tables can easily turn, remember that. Women are fully capable of doing the same things men are, given enough time and conditioning.
edit on 3/6/11 by AdamsMurmur because: (no reason given)

I don't want to replace men. My intention is to learn what we can do to cut down on male violence. If women can reduce their numbers as well, that would be ideal, but at this time our jails are filled to the brink with men as opposed to women.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
No, I don't think the world would be better without men. The world, maybe all life, seeks balance and that is just a simple, but fundamental truth.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join