It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Perhaps Glasses Should be Mandatory for Police Enforcement -Cops Shoot Concrete Alligator Yard Art

page: 1
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
This one gets filed in the "They don't make 'em THAT dumb, do they?" file. Santa in a hand cart this is amazing...


"The officer fired two rounds, and killed my concrete, ornamental alligator," Sheridan said. After realizing their bullets were bouncing off the yard art alligator, police left. Sheridan says now he plans to patch up his wounded gator.


Three cops take potshots at a guys yard art alligator. Discharging weapons where people live. Dumb and Dumber every day...

Hey, Terrence! Spotted a gator ore yon! Shoot dat sumnabilly!

Being a cop sometimes sounds like fun. You get away with anything, even yard art murder.

ColoradoJens




posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:53 PM
link   
That's awesome.

"When I grow up I wanna be a police officer too!

That way I can do anything I want, make up the law as I go, beat up anyone who looks at me wrong, and if they try to fight back I'll call my 50 buddies to come help gang up on them.

Free drugs, a licence to discharge a weapon anyplace any time - no reasons needed.

And the best part? No responsibility or accountability!"



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
That's awesome.

"When I grow up I wanna be a police officer too!

That way I can do anything I want, make up the law as I go, beat up anyone who looks at me wrong, and if they try to fight back I'll call my 50 buddies to come help gang up on them.

Free drugs, a licence to discharge a weapon anyplace any time - no reasons needed.

And the best part? No responsibility or accountability!"


Hey Muzzleflash! Thanks for the post. May I say I always check out what the battleship of destruction is writing? Thanks for looking in from a respected member..

CJ



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Perhaps psychiatric evaluation should be mandatory for police enforcement, especially if they don't know what they are doing. Someone could have gotten hurt from the bullets flying off from the concrete, you know!



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by pikypiky
Perhaps psychiatric evaluation should be mandatory for police enforcement, especially if they don't know what they are doing. Someone could have gotten hurt from the bullets flying off from the concrete, you know!


Aww, why not squeeze off a few rounds just for fun...what is anyone going to do about it anyway?

CJ



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:41 PM
link   
You know I have heard it suggested by others many times before, that being a police officer should be something akin to Jury Duty or other civic duties and we all just have to take turns doing it.

That way everyone has to do it, and we all have to know the rules and how the game works. That way everyone finally is on a level playing field when it comes to the Law and Authority.

I would gladly offer my time to aid the community in solving problems. I feel like my efforts capable and efficient, but I have no grand forum to offer my skills within.

Everything requires "certifications" that cost $ and take lots of research and study to ace. If that is the way it has to be, than perhaps we should fix our totally broken school system and our fractured society at the same time with one bold move.

We could just make it a class like math, English, science, etc.

We could call it "Social Studies" or something....


I apologize for the sarcasm. But I guess in a cooler world we would expect some basic things from citizens in society and we would be a upright people.

1) All Authority must be held accountable for breaking or sidestepping the Law.
2) Everyone should know all of the Law and understand it.
3) The Law should be plain and simple and make sense and uphold justice and defend the liberty of citizens, this makes #1 and 2 possible.

But Houston we have a problem. Here on Earth our "Representatives" in Government do not pass laws to uphold justice and defend the liberty of the citizens. They pass laws to trample on the rights of citizens and infringe on their pocketbooks $$, while hiding it in a guise that it's good for us when we know it isn't.

That's what I think about when I watch two cops shooting a cement Alligator....



posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by muzzleflash
You know I have heard it suggested by others many times before, that being a police officer should be something akin to Jury Duty or other civic duties and we all just have to take turns doing it.

That way everyone has to do it, and we all have to know the rules and how the game works. That way everyone finally is on a level playing field when it comes to the Law and Authority.

I would gladly offer my time to aid the community in solving problems. I feel like my efforts capable and efficient, but I have no grand forum to offer my skills within.

Everything requires "certifications" that cost $ and take lots of research and study to ace. If that is the way it has to be, than perhaps we should fix our totally broken school system and our fractured society at the same time with one bold move.

We could just make it a class like math, English, science, etc.

We could call it "Social Studies" or something....


I apologize for the sarcasm. But I guess in a cooler world we would expect some basic things from citizens in society and we would be a upright people.

1) All Authority must be held accountable for breaking or sidestepping the Law.
2) Everyone should know all of the Law and understand it.
3) The Law should be plain and simple and make sense and uphold justice and defend the liberty of citizens, this makes #1 and 2 possible.

But Houston we have a problem. Here on Earth our "Representatives" in Government do not pass laws to uphold justice and defend the liberty of the citizens. They pass laws to trample on the rights of citizens and infringe on their pocketbooks $$, while hiding it in a guise that it's good for us when we know it isn't.

That's what I think about when I watch two cops shooting a cement Alligator....

I can see it now...Muzzleflash and Andrew W K on "common sense with the police!"
Just kidding. Your three rules are outstandingly absurd. If this were the case, we couldn't arrest you for no reason! Get back to loading the big guns...

Edit to say, I am sarcastic too, and often go beyond the bounds..

CJ
edit on 2-6-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
Buah ha ha! Morons Lol. I am never surprised by what these trained gorilla enforcers do anymore. S&F.

I saw somebody said they thought that psychiatric evaluation should be mandatory for cops. Well it is. At least for the department where I worked. Shows you how useful psychiatrists are
.



posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
Buah ha ha! Morons Lol. I am never surprised by what these trained gorilla enforcers do anymore. S&F.

I saw somebody said they thought that psychiatric evaluation should be mandatory for cops. Well it is. At least for the department where I worked. Shows you how useful psychiatrists are
.


couldn't agree with you more. Let's hire people who like to command people to do things and maybe once in a while we let them come from backgrounds where laws were non existent...makes sense to me!

CJ



posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
Typical ATS cop haying bandwagoneers.

They had a report of an alligator spotted by kids.

They called a Conservationist to figure out what to do with an alligator.

They were told to shoot it in the head if it posed a danger.

Considering kids reported it, it would seem to be a danger.

They shot at it twice with a rifle.

I am not sure what the issue is, except to bash police officers.

www.stltoday.com...


^^more info and a pic of the LIFELIKE alligator.

Get a grip people.


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens
 


Ok so I am gonna quote myself from another thread here but I think that it pretty much sums up my take on what's going on within police forces:




I grew up around cops and was one. While I worked their I saw a fundamental shift in the type of person the departments were looking for in new officers. When I was hired, my department actually shied away from hiring certain types of people, including veterans. Their explanation was that they didn't need soldiers or bullies because this is not a war, it is civil service. That changed. I also have seen many good cops put fraternity ahead of the law and THAT was what killed my dream of being a cop.

I saw so many scandals and illegal activity within the department. Big things that you just cannot sweep away if you have any morality. It was ALWAYS covered up, swept under a rug, if the incident wasn't public knowledge.

You cannot put fraternity above law. You cannot treat civil service as war. You must hold yourself to a higher standard.

Other Thread


I also see that the militarization of police forces is being encouraged by federal law enforcement agencies. They often work together anymore which helps blur the line between civil service and military service.



posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
Reply to post by Redwookieaz
 


So how does that have to do with this?


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh
 


Did read ColoradoJens reply to me? We were discussing the type of people that are in law enforcement these days.



posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh
Typical ATS cop haying bandwagoneers.

They had a report of an alligator spotted by kids.

They called a Conservationist to figure out what to do with an alligator.

They were told to shoot it in the head if it posed a danger.

Considering kids reported it, it would seem to be a danger.

They shot at it twice with a rifle.

I am not sure what the issue is, except to bash police officers.


www.stltoday.com...


^^more info and a pic of the LIFELIKE alligator.

Get a grip people.


 
Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com
 



Look. I am an adult. You may be. We all have brains. Some of us are trained for certain things; IT techs know what to look for in compiling code, teachers can spot kids from troubled homes, lifeguards watch to see if someone is in trouble, or just goofin around..etc etc etc. If ALL of the people you mentioned above could not use their collective brain power and training (seems to me simple observation may help) to realize there was a concrete yard ornament in their sights and not a real alligator, well, they are ALL not capable of performing their jobs, This is like the IT guy mistaking his lunch for his laptop.

CJ

edit on 3-6-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh
 


I don't see the picture? Apparently it was near a pond and surrounded by weeds though, so that makes it more believabe. It wasn't like it was in plain view in someone's front yard.

Still, I would think police would do a little recon before just opening fire.



posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
reply to post by ColoradoJens
 


Ok so I am gonna quote myself from another thread here but I think that it pretty much sums up my take on what's going on within police forces:




I grew up around cops and was one. While I worked their I saw a fundamental shift in the type of person the departments were looking for in new officers. When I was hired, my department actually shied away from hiring certain types of people, including veterans. Their explanation was that they didn't need soldiers or bullies because this is not a war, it is civil service. That changed. I also have seen many good cops put fraternity ahead of the law and THAT was what killed my dream of being a cop.

I saw so many scandals and illegal activity within the department. Big things that you just cannot sweep away if you have any morality. It was ALWAYS covered up, swept under a rug, if the incident wasn't public knowledge.

You cannot put fraternity above law. You cannot treat civil service as war. You must hold yourself to a higher standard.

Other Thread


I also see that the militarization of police forces is being encouraged by federal law enforcement agencies. They often work together anymore which helps blur the line between civil service and military service.


I remember that quote and reading of your very real frustrations. Thanks for putting that up. I can't agree more on your last statement too. That line is getting more blury by the moment.

Finally, I find it ironic that the police unions are so strong that things you and I would get fired on the spot for are often dealt with by paid leave, two-week desk jobs etc. Also things you and I would go to jail for a very, very long time for...It seems to me the circumstances are similar to what the whole world feels compelled to complain about with the teachers union. It is too hard to get rid of the dopes who shouldn't be there in the first place.

CJ



posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready
 


There are some pictures of it here: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Must be one of those new assault gators with invisible lower halves



posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by getreadyalready
 


There are some pictures of it here: www.dailymail.co.uk...

Must be one of those new assault gators with invisible lower halves


I know...from the looks of it, it was a rare albino gator too!
This is a more egregious example of wondering what the heck?, but I thought I would include this. Amazing. Police and Fire rescue in a seafront community won't go into water that is too shallow for boats? Ahhh, ok.


Police and fire personnel stood on the beach watching as a suicidal 53-year-old man walked into the ocean and drowned. Why? The City of Alameda says that they don't have anyone trained for water rescue, and the Coast Guard says it was too shallow for their boats.


Even though I can Swim, I ain't going in there!

CJ
edit on 3-6-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)



posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere
 


From your link
Another incident of police over-reacting....


The drama mirrors an incident in the UK last month, when reports of a white tiger in a field prompted a police alert.
A cricket match was interrupted, golfers were escorted from a course in the area following the sighting at Hedge End in Hampshire, BBC News reported.
Police drafted in zoo staff with tranquilizer guns, and a police helicopter from another county was also brought in to investigate.
However, a Hampshire Constabulary spokesman told the BBC that it became 'obvious it was a stuffed life-size toy' when the downdraft from the chopper just blew it over.


Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...



posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens
 


That drowning story is absolutely horrendous. I never commented on it yesterday, but in my opinion, watching someone struggle for their life and drown is un-human. If someone is struggling for their life, then policy and procedure are out the window, and you act like a human being, and you jump in and save them!!



new topics

top topics



 
7
<<   2 >>

log in

join