It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seismic Activity at Yellowstone Volcano, and Long Valley June, 2, 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Check out USGS Yellowstone Volcano Observatory(YVO) earthquake seismographs for June 2, 2011 Lots of what look to me like harmonic tremor. Madison River impressive as are several other seismographs.

Also might be worth keeping an eye on the earthquake activity up by the Canadian border above NY and Vt. Seems like more up that way recently. There is a super volcano complex up between Ottawa and Montreal called Blake River. Just what we need is for that to get activated too!

Blessings to all! Stay safe !

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
uh how bout you post some links...a lot of people (like me) don't know what to look for when they go to those sites...help us out a bit

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by kissitgoodbye

Are you sure? After looking it appears to be the most activity is Big Bear CA. there have been some very minor tremors elsewhere but nothing much.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
I don't even know what I'm looking at, can you at least post an unreadable chart so I can ask ?
Mostly I swear we get worked up over things we don't understand and we're all in the same hole.
No comment

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
Just so you know, every inch of Yellowstone is monitored for multiple things. It is not uncommon for quakes there and has been going on for years but prior to an eruption there will be many many other indications of a possible eruption.

Earthquake flurry's are one of the last signs and we will know long before then that Yellowstone is acting up. Earthquakes alone mean nothing.

Look up information for Long Valley Caldera and you will see all the things that happen that lead scientists to think an eruption may be close.

Nothing at all to worry about.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:35 AM
link   
I'm wondering if the OP is concerned because of the 6.3 that hit Japan.

In case you aren't aware... when larger quakes roll in somewhere in the world, they do eventually show up on seismos far away, in the world.

Also, as previous posters have stated... it is very wise to back up your statements with links, etc. Helps us all and eliminates unwarranted panic amongst those who might scare easily and believe anyone who yells out, "the sky is falling".

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by UtahRosebud

Hi,
I'm so sorry, but I don't know how to download data to this site. Maybe you could help me with the June 2, 2011 real time earthquake seismographs from the Yellowstone Volcano Observatory(YVO) for Madison River and Yellowstone lake. It seems that you were right that the activity was in response to the earthquakes in Japan June 2. It stopped shortly after I posted this thread. It's impressive and thought some might like to see it. Harmonic tremors alone do not signal eruption like others have said, but to me are something worth keeping an eye on.

If you or someone else out there could help download that info it would be awesome, and would get the credit not me. Thanks to all,

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
If you click on the letters beside the red dots on this map [www.quake.utah.edu...] it gives you seismic readings for that location for the week. I too am curious about the June 2nd readings. Many locations show significant activity at the same time.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
This is the second thread you have started claiming "Harmonic tremors" at Yellowstone and Long Valley without actually giving any information as to why you feel that's what you are seeing or even giving any links to the webicorders. It's not that hard, just copy and past the address of the page you are looking at to your post.

Anyway, as it was mentioned in the other thread this link gives you some info needed on reading a seismograph

www.abovetopsecret.com...

And this one is maybe more of an appropriate one to post in when you have just a post regarding recent activity.
There are many good people there who can validate what you are claiming or help people to learn more. Yes it's a big thread but it's the place for all things Yellowstone.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
reply to post by puzzed

Hi,
Check out Seismo's for Yellowstone June 21, 22, 2011. More concerns!! Thoughts??

posted on Jun, 22 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by kissitgoodbye
reply to post by puzzed

Hi,
Check out Seismo's for Yellowstone June 21, 22, 2011. More concerns!! Thoughts??

Why would you be concerned about tremors at Yellowstone as it's a natural event and has been ongoing for 100's of years?

If the ground starts swelling with massive uplift and the gas content being released changes as well as the water around that area heating up then you might have a reason to be concerned. But who knows. I can tell you that earthquakes alone mean nothing.

In the 1980's they thought Long Valley was gonna blow due to the above reasons I mentioned and issued a warning to the people in the area causing mass panic and sever economic pains and it turned out to be a false alarm as the Caldera setteled back down.

The point is that even if all the signs of an impending eruption are there it doesn't mean that something is going to happen. We cannot predict what a volcano will do though we are getting better at reading the signs.

Don't worry about earthquakes.

new topics

top topics

join