It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Prophets of the Transhumanist Revolution

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:15 PM
link   
'What is a human being, then?'
'A seed.'
'A... seed?'
'An acorn that is unafraid to destroy itself in growing into a tree'

David Zindell, The Broken God

Transhumanism: the Idea

�We foresee the feasibility of redesigning the human condition, including such parameters as the inevitability of aging, limitations on human and artificial intellects, unchosen psychology, suffering, and our confinement to the planet earth.�
World Transhumanist Association

Transhumanism is the movement for the merging of man and machine and the breaking down of arbitrary, evolution-imposed barriers to human potential.

Developments in genetics, nanotechnology, artificial intelligence and robotic control systems are hurtling toward the realization of the Transhumanist Revolution.

The Agenda Revealed: Unstoppable Momentum

�The parts for a DNA synthesizer can now be purchased for approximately $10,000. By 2010 a single person will be able to sequence or synthesize 10^10 bases a day. Within a decade a single person could sequence or synthesize all the DNA describing all the people on the planet many times over in an eight-hour day or sequence his or her own DNA within seconds.�
The Pace and Proliferation of Biological Technologies

Transhumanism will fit a well-defined need of the changing global economy. Trends such as automation and outsourcing are only the clumsy first steps in the search for higher productivity � reaching society�s economic potential.

What is needed now is for dedicated transhumans to be developed and embedded into the global science and technology workforce. This will guarantee the health of a global economy that is currently stumbling and veering towards collapse. The world�s decision-makers have thus quietly given the go-ahead for the Transhumanist Revolution to proceed. In developing nations such as Nigeria, India, Taiwan, Venezuela and Mexico the World Transhumanist Association has established its presence. Testing will commence in pursuit of all parameters required in defining a stable superworker. These models will be applied in the farming of the first generation of Transhuman agents, who will then provide the brainpower and labour for the development of the next generation. Iterations of this hyper-accelerated evolution will fuel the transformation of the entire economy.

Brainwaves and Cogniceuticals

Thinking, decision-making, learning, attention and memory � all can and will be enhanced through genetic reengineering of the human brain, cyborg implants, and (primarily in the early stages) �cogniceuticals� which expand neural capacity with traditional drug therapy and nanobot injections.

Expansion of the bandwidth of brainwaves has been achieved in preliminary tests and implies superintelligence of both the weak and strong varieties as well as diminished REM sleep requirements.

�Ethics� Unplugged

The Transhumanist Agenda has already been buttressed by self-financed advocacy groups in all corners of the world. The Agenda has delicately aligned itself with less controversial conclusions of bioethicists regarding disease treatment and longevity research.

The coming global depression will ensure that the world�s only saviour, the Transhumanist Revolution, shall not be stopped. Economic concerns of the masses will override any contrary moral inclinations. Once the first stable generation takes its place among the world's elite, there will be no turning back.

Minor Setbacks

A rogue element of the Transhumanist Syndicate had dealings with the Aum Shinrikyo cult and assisted their development of the Perfect Salvation Initiative Headset. While the knowledge gained from this endeavour has proven useful to our ends, it was nonetheless brash and exposed the entire establishment to bad publicity. The element has been neutralized and needed reforms have been carried out to constrain the actions of rogue agents within the organization.

How Can I Learn More About the Transhumanist Movement

The Journal of Evolution and Technology and the Transhumanity ezine are current propaganda efforts of the Transhumanist Movement.

How I Can Be a Part of the Transhumanist Revolution

• Become politically active to ensure that your government embraces the Transhumanist Revolution with as smooth a transition as possible
  • Consider volunteering for neural and physiological modifications sooner rather than later in the interest of the greater cause.

Sincerely,

HeirToBokassa
Evolution Engineer

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Is this serious? If this starts a war, I'm with the natural humans.

Anyway, I don't see how this is a rant. This seems like promotion for something that's probably not going to work.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Isn't anyone else interested in this besides me?

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This transhumanitst revolution is for the making man into a human machine?

I am all for science.

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 03:49 AM
link   
BOOYAH sign me up!!!!!!
i want to be a cyborg!!!!!

And this will work 14Percent of europes population
has been enhanced some way (breast implants pacemakers
cochlear implants etc) 30 years cybernetic enhancement
will be as comon as plastic surgery!

we already have the tech to interface nerves to computers!!
imagine what well have in 30 years!

posted on Aug, 20 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Actually Transhumanism or its subdivision of Extropianism is, in its basic form, the desire to control our own physical, spiritual and intellectual evolution. Are you saying that this is a bad thing by posting it in the rant section?

posted on Dec, 6 2005 @ 12:10 PM
link   
And it isn't as nearly united as some people make it out to be. There are many many types and forms of Transhumanism some more extreme then others, and those will most likely do more damage then good to the movement in general. Frankely I just want to modify myself to the point where I can live in very harsh enviroments on the way to other solar systems. I want to be an explorer it's in mah blood and there really isn't anything left to explore on this rock.

new topics

top topics

join