It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why is the sun setting at a diffirent point on the horizon than at the exact same date last year?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
I can't believe, for one second, that a person living in Scotland, with all those ancient stone circles dotting the countryside from one end to the other and placed specifically to view the solstice and equinox position of the sun, would not consider going out and checking the sunrise on June 21.

Those mossy old stones will instantly tell the viewer if there has been any change from millenia ago.

And, by the way, no 'scientist' needs to be involved.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by captiva

the earth is probably being pulled off axis attributed by Nibiru.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by masqua

They could also use this to check it right now. Of course knowledge of the use of a compass is required.
www.esrl.noaa.gov...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Well,I have lived in this house for 10 years,
and if the sun or planet has shifted it's axis or position,
than hopefully it was further north so my pool could get more sun.
Therefore it would be warmer.
But,as I observe the sun ,it has not and my pool is cold,but
that doesn't phase my kids one bit.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
Given that 'Manhattenhenge' occurred exactly on schedule earlier this week, any shift in our orbit or whatever must have occurred in the last couple of days ......

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
The sun has just seemed POWERFUL lately. Down here in Austin, we were on the boat 3-4 days a week last summer and it was amazing. This year though, we've cut back because the sun actually makes it almost unbearable if we aren't moored in the shade or moving.

My commute to work every evening has the sun peering through my drivers side window as I drive north and I have a noticeable tan line where my t-shirt sleeve ends. It's awful. LOL.

Other than that, we're breaking records here; May was the hottest May on record for Austin, reaching over 100 degrees on more than one occasion. 100 degree days have typically been reserved for August. I'm wondering how hot it's going to get come July and August. :-/

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by captiva
To the poster asking if this was in Troon, no it was at the 4 furlong marker at Ayr Racecourse.

Thanks

Looking at Google Earth we can now identify the 3 tower blocks visible in your photo as being Strathayr Place & Riverside Place, which as seen from Ayr Racecourse is to the SW or WSW (depending on exactly where on the racecourse you stand). This means that your first photo cannot have been taken in June, or, if it were then the sun was indeed setting in very much the wrong place! It is however setting exacty where it would be expected to in winter. At this time of year it sets to the NW and no sunset picture taken from Ayr raccourse could possible include the tower blocks, unless an extreme wide angle shot is used in which they would appear considerably south of the setting sun.

In any case, it appears from your comments that the sun is now setting in the right place. So at least no worries on that front!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
Hi
I have only read the first and last page so maybe this has been mentioned already, but there was a thread on ATS about the sun rising two days early in Greenland. Could it be linked to what the OP observed?

Sun rise 2 days early in Greenland

Scientists are either thinking it is the ice caps melting, making the sun to appear earlier or a crazy mirage that is happening in our atmosphere (light being refracted). I am certainly no expert (hence, the reason why I ask this question) but could light refraction cause the sun to appear in a different part of the sky such as the OP witnessed?

according to Walsh. Light bends as it travels through layers of air with different densities, and as a result the sun is normally a little bit below the horizon when we can first see it. But an unusual stratification of the air over Greenland could have led to a stronger bending of the sun's rays, making the sun appear to arrive earlier than usuall.

Strange Claim: The sun rose 2 days early in Greenland

A member in the above ATS link named "sechmet" also mentioned that Norway witnessed the sun arrive one day earlier than usual. He provided this link.

Translated Norway Article

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Essan
'Manhattenhenge'

That is such a great pic.

Who'd have thought some druids survived the Romans and all those later centuries so that they could survey and build the streets of Manhatten to mark the seasons.

Wonders never cease

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
I marvel at the complete disconnect between the many observers on the ground, from the very observant Iniuit to some members on this website, and the smug armchair scientists who say, over and over, "no, that can not be."

SOMETHING is going on.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Hi there

I'm from Wales, and I mentioned quite recently in another post that a few years back I started to notice that the sun was not in the position in the sky that it had been in previous years at that particular time of year and time of day. I had no proof as I am no astronomer, but I have always had a fairly accurate internal clock and could always 'know' the time to within 10 minutes, but about the time I started noticing the sun "wasn't right" I also found my internal clock was out by a good hour.

The fact that other people are noticing this shift shows that I am not going mad after all.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ludshed

Originally posted by BIGPoJo
This thread is getting silly, people want answers as to why they are experiencing this. I have provided answers yet they have been ignored. I guess a simple explanation is not good enough.

EDIT - defcon5 even posted an explanation lols.
edit on 3-6-2011 by BIGPoJo because: more info

I'm curious of you and defcons credentials. Surely you both are PHD's in astronomy, as well as doctorates in geology and paleontology? No? Then enough from you people who lack the common sense to bake a cake or do your laundry without shrinking it pretending to be something your not. Personally I think your part of a disinfo campaign.
I have also noticed this myself and just yesterday talked to a lady I work with which I don't ever talk to about anything outside of the job who also, without me mentioning anything, described exactly what this thread is discussing. She is over fifty and lives in the house she grew up in here in kansas city. She is a lifelong gardner and mentioned to me she noticed the sun setting off course in comparison to all her years on this earth. Without her knowing anything about me or my "beliefs" of this world, and without leading her in anyway she said exactly what I expected, "Its setting more NW than I've ever seen it". She even had points of reference, trees due west that form a "V" shape towards horizon.

You wish I was part of a disinfo camp, the truth may shock you however. The sun does not set next to two trees forming a V shape? Trees grow and sway depending on how much sunlight and water they receive. I am not a botanist but I can assure you that trees grow and change shape. The sun does set in different locations as time progresses, this can easily be predicted and studied by anyone with an Internet connection. There is a track that the sun runs on. Please read the entire thread, there are plenty examples of it. I do not have a Phd in astronomy but I do have a BSIT even tho that is not a requirement to use google search.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
this morning (18 june 2011) i had an epiphany moment...

the reason the Sun is in a 'different' position visually is because of the expanding Earth hypothesis.

see... if i'm on the exact same spot, on the same calendar day of the year...in 2010 & 2011
and actually see the Sun is further North or South of last years location
or see the Sun setting earlier or later than last year...

one explaination might be that the ground we are standing on is in movement...
& therefore the Sun will align in a different place than it did before...
it is known and measured that the Earths tectonic plates move, albiet slowly... a few centimeters per year

but the public recognition of really drastic changes in the Suns position on the horizon is too fast for the plate movement as the sole explaination.

what if different spots in the crust were moving, expanding , tilting...while riding the moving tectonic plate?

imagine your standing on a spot that is fast becoming a mound or hill
the Sun would appear to have moved in your line of sight reference points.
what if... the surrounding land eventually caught up with the rising spot of land your standing on...
the result would be that the whole area is 'familiar' and unchanged..

i wish you the reader would consider the expanding planet hypothesis,
it could account for the apparent changes we see,
but those changes would not affect the spin rate or the axis or the orbit of the Earth... we would only 'see' the temporary changes in our visual reference points in the position of the Sun as one example

thanks for your time,
enjoy the thought experiment above
edit on 18-6-2011 by St Udio because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Less than a week from Summer Solstice and the traditional gathering at Stonehenge. I'm sure many non-scientists and will be looking at the exact position of the sun on that morning.

If it anything has changed AT ALL, it will be obvious to everyone in attendance.

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by St Udio

Yes, yes, yes!
You must be one of the resident "wing nuts"?

Tell me your thoughts on the following please...

Expanding Earth + Electric Universe = The best my mind can accomodate at this time yet I my spidey senses indicate that there are other forces at work here...

As we stumble upon them we will initially see them as chaotic yet as time goes on we will also see their well defined order.

The idea that the earths core might be less molten metal and more plasma is like peanut butter on my brain

I see the continental "plates" more like "chunks" then flat disk like objects yet I cannot fathom how far down they hold this "hard" shape. I also imagine a core of plasma surrounded by a layer of molten metals that generates energy fields, one of which we understand as gravity yet many more layers of fields and types of fields seem quite possible to create a "CORE" that is never round in shape. A core that accomodates the softer unbelly and the weight of continental bodies and which is always conforming and supporting the current "continental chunk" arrangement.
I believe the greatest force in this core process is magnetic repulsion and that it alone could also be harnessed for cheap clean energy ad infinitum.

Planetary bodies are "fed" by the electrical universe and thus grow from within which is not to say that via space dust and other forces that we do not also grow on the outside which seems quite obvious as the deeper we dig usually the older the remains that we discovered yet of course this wouldnt apply to strata that has been greatly disturbed by edge cracking and filling etc etc.

Maybe some ancient people were aware of bulge?
Maybe the sun was the only reference that could be used to detect it...

In our collective myth we have the concept of entire continents being plunged into oceans yet do we have the idea of land coming out of the sea?
I bet we do yet that it was older then the most recent "atlantic" and "lemurian" legends so less relevant to the story tellers/historians of the day.
Maybe they were waiting for the time when their homeland would rise again from the sea

Ya know?

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Essan

I can promise you i was not standing in a different position watching the sun rise, no disrespect but as i stated before we have camped in this exact same spot year after year, every inch of this area is well know to us, including our morning ritual of watching the sun rise

posted on Jun, 26 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by glowie

Do you have any other explanation as to why the sun appeared to rise differently there on that particular date, but not anywhere else? We know for fact it's been rising exacty where expected all round the world (see some links posted above).

Do I believe you are right and everyone else, including myself, is mistaken? Or that maybe you were mistaken?

posted on Jul, 4 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Here is a thread that I believe contains some proof that people are not imagining this

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Watch the videos.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join