It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal to Boycott Isreal???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Is this real? Also viewer discretion cause this guy gets angry and stuff.

Edit: Just to be safe because someone right below the post got mad. Let me be clear I do not have any prejudice against Jews. Now personally I don't like isreal but w.e that's my right.

Edit2: Don't watch if you can't take a joke. I've outlined what was said below by linking to the bill.

Is this true??

If so that seems unconstitutional.

Edit: At the end it says it's a joke? Is he joking about this law or joking about what he said in the video?
edit on 6/2/2011 by drew1749 because: (no reason given)

Edit 2:

www.bis.doc.gov...

I guess so?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
i stopped at i hate the jews and i hate the muslims

to be honest the video isnt worth listening to.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by neo96

well he was kidding on that. But focus on the law. I was just sharing my source.

Is the law real?

How the hell is this constitutional?

Edit: I love how you decided to comment on the video and not the topic of the thread. Good job. Good job dude.

Does that make you feel good not listening and hearing somebody out because they tell an offensive joke?

You saying how the video isn't worth your time and therefore my thread isn't worth your time makes me know that you aren't worth my time.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
WOW. I find this unbelievable. so, I did a quick search on "boycott Isreal." This first 2 sites said "temporarily unavailable." But this one www.bigcampaign.org/ is up and running just fine. There were other too, but didn't look into them.

edit on 2-6-2011 by windword because: 2

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Says who? Last time I chequed you could boycott anyone you wanted to. Israel knows this full well. This is America and not Israel!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Yes this seems to be very real. Wow I never believed all the Isreal conspiracy stuff untill now. America is in Isreal's pocket. O.o

Or am I over reacting?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:13 PM
link   
I am unabashedly pro-Israel. But if a person or corporation wants to boycott them, they should be allowed to as freedom of choice. America can lay sanctions on Cuba, Iran, Syria, what have you, but a business can't say "I won't sell goods from X country" if they want to? Ridiculous.

/TOA

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

This is scary to me. Don't we have rights?

Is there any more official talk about it?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
No, you're not overreacting. I'm going to tell you something you probably don't know. Look at your food products at your home. Look at the product and tell me if you noticed a U inside a circle or a K in a triangle. Those are Kosher products and supposedly those companies that have those symbols pay a fee to Kosher companies. Jew conspiracies gets worse the more you know about it.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749

Yes this seems to be very real. Wow I never believed all the Isreal conspiracy stuff untill now. America is in Isreal's pocket. O.o

Or am I over reacting?

Nope. Just found this at "Divestment Watch;

"In response to the Arab boycott of Israel, Congress passed a law creating the Office of Antiboycott Compliance within the Department of Commerce in 1977. The law prohibits U.S. persons from taking certain actions in support of an unsanctioned foreign boycott against a country that is friendly to the United States. Because Israel is an ally of the United States, and our government does not sanction the Arab boycott of Israel, the law prohibits actions that further or support the Arab League boycott of Israel. "

"Unsanctioned??" Since when do I need sanction to boycott any country or product I choose? Did Bill O'reilly need government sanction to pull off his "Boycott France" campaign? What about freedom fries and freedom toast? Was that sanctioned by Congress?

&%$#*&@!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by drew1749
reply to post by The Old American

This is scary to me. Don't we have rights?

Is there any more official talk about it?

Yes we do, it is up to the people to forever retain any and all rights bestowed to them upon the Constitution.

I give and grant you my exclusive consent to copy and paste the following into the email or forum that you discovered this on courtesy of a post of mine on ATS within the last like 45 - 60 days :

There is a common misconception that everyone needs to know that needs to be debunked and that is the Congress or whoever can literately sign and pass a million laws restricting and amending our rights and freedoms but ultimately it is up to you, The American People to maintain and retain said rights leaving final law totally up to The People of The United States Of America to never relent, never refrain, never forfeit these sacred vows and rights bestowed upon us in The Constitution Of The United States Of America!

They are ours and not theirs, remember this. Non-negotiable, non relinquinsable, non grata whose points are anchored, padlocked and cemented!

Cheque out the following link courtesy of The Jews Against Zionism and see for yourself :
www.jewsagainstzionism.com...

There was recently a protest in Manhattan, NYC over Israeli actions against Palestine and there were 2 groups :
1 who defended the actions of Israel and the other was a few Jewish people protesting against the actions of Israel.

USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, USA, NOW AND FOREVER!
edit on 2-6-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   
No need for anyone to get worked up, the OP even said it is a joke. Those who claim to be immune to being the subject of humor are the ones you need to watch out for.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

"Unsanctioned??" Since when do I need sanction to boycott any country or product I choose? Did Bill O'reilly need government sanction to pull off his "Boycott France" campaign? What about freedom fries and freedom toast? Was that sanctioned by Congress?

This is a big deal but turns out it isn't new. That doesn't change anything though. Why do we let our government take away basic freedoms. It doesn't make sense to me. I love my country but sometimes I get a giant question-mark about what we do.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

No need for anyone to get worked up, the OP even said it is a joke. Those who claim to be immune to being the subject of humor are the ones you need to watch out for.

Thank you.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
well if your a business and you decide on selling to one person and not anther person your not going to be in business for long.

the only thing they should care about is their bottom line.

op it was a bad joke if it was some lines are not meant to be cross if you want to be taken seriously.

boycotts are stupid and they never change a thing.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

I know but reality is that you do unfortunately have a bunch of idiots who will take this thread seriously and believe it hook, line and sinker. This is to completely disprove the claim. Reality also is that you will have those select few idiots who will try and spin this to turn it into an Anti Obama thread by saying yap like "Obama and his Israeli Masters are trying to get rid of our rights and freedoms" or "Proof Obama cares more about Israel then America"!
edit on 2-6-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
BTW I strongly support all boycotts on Israel, and sanctions. No that the sanctions ever work. Darned kangaroo court UN is good for nothing really.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I'm sorry I just listened to that and thought what a hoot!

I admit when Gaza and Lebanon were attacked I refused by buy any Israeli food or goods and any repeat action would mean a boycott again. I won't support that kind of action by any country.

Boycott law protecting Israel would be objectionable regarding the action of the Jews to start WW2.(Long story short) After WW1 the Germans would not reinstate the Jewish people to their previous high positions there. It happened that Germany was unable to produce enough food so had to export as much as possible to earn the money to import food or starve.

The Jews coordinated an effort by their colonies around the world to deliberately boycott and stop the sale of German goods in shops wherever Germany exported to and so the German people suffered near starvation. Inflation rose and I remember seeing in the 1950's a supposedly funny picture of a German man and little girl pushing a wheelbarrow full of money just to buy a loaf of bread.

I hold what's good for the goose is good for the gander concerning boycotts.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1

I know but reality is that you do unfortunately have a bunch of idiots who will take this thread seriously and believe it hook, line and sinker. This is to completely disprove the claim.

No need to be rude to them. They just have a different taste in Comedy.

And maybe a short attention span.

The reality of the thread isn't about the video. I'm just sharing this law and that's how I learned about it. Personally I love that guys videos. He has some good stuff. Although he's sorta an extremist on some stuff.

It's interesting that you can kind of figure stuff out about him through all his videos.

but that's sorta off topic

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

BTW I strongly support all boycotts on Israel, and sanctions. No that the sanctions ever work. Darned kangaroo court UN is good for nothing really.

Well personally I don't respect what Israel is doing to Palestine.

So that's why I don't like them. I'd never wish harm on anyone though.

Both sides are in the wrong on that one. Though Israel started it.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join