It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A case repository from 3000 BCE to Present - Xt's UFO Scrapbook

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+27 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Howdy gang, it's been awhile!

Even though I've largely dropped off the radar, before I completely disappear in to the aether, I wanted to share some of the fruits of my labor. The following UFO scrapbook, *SNIP*, is the result of a little over five years of research into the topic of UFOs, trying to discern what exactly, if anything, could be understood about the subject. While there was substantial chaff, I've concluded despite the low signal-to-noise ratio that transient observations are quantifiable in a manner that can objectively and rigorously advance the pursuit of real-world science. For more on this look under "Projects & Serious Investigations in to UFOs."

The reason I'm sharing my personal research is with the simple hope that it will help people, both new and old to the subject, better appreciate the underlying structure that pervades UFO research. The taxonomy should theoretically be useful in and of itself, especially for those who want to start their own investigations. Keep that in mind while perusing the library as scrapbooks are intended to be active living things that are fluid part of a researchers tool-bench, not a static resource that doesn't change. While some may gawk at the large ~3.1 GB file size, I believe it's worth the disk space because many of the articles are sadly no longer available anywhere else on the web. If you decide to download it, please stop in and leave a comment to let me know what you think.

As usual all comments and critiques are welcome. All the best,
-Xt

Library layout
UFO
....UFOs in the news
....Organizations
....Government Information / Involvement
........Australia / New Zealand
........Brazil
........Canada
........France
........Germany
........India
........UK
........UN
........USA
........Vatican
........Russia
........(~ few other small reports)
....Books / Periodicals / Journals
....Misidentifications
........Aircrafts
........Atmospheric Phenomena
........Biological / Disease
........Birds
........Compound
........Earthquake lights
........Parachute
........Planets / Stars
........Rockets
........Sky Lanterns
........Weather balloons / Radiosondes
........Visual illusions
....Specific Cases
........Hoaxes
........BC 3000 - Jomon Era & UFO like figurines
........BC 1700 - Tarng's flying cars
........(~145 additional case studies)
....Arguments in favor of studying UFOs
........Physical trace cases
........Examples of genuine Unknowns (TRUFOs)
....Skeptical analysis
....Extraordinary Claims
........Abductions
........Implants?
........Monoliths / bracewell probes
........Crop circles created by UFOs
........(~15 additional topics)
....Explanations / Observations
........Ancient astronauts
........ET Hypothesis
........Theories - What are UFOs?
........Why the coverup?
............Not a cover-up, rather disbelief
........UFO Flaps
........Technology implications
........Psychology / Behavior
....Places
........Underwater (USOs)
........USA, Montana, Great Falls
........Nuke facilities
....Sources / Actors
........Anonymous / Hard-to-identify
........New and interesting
........Reputable Sources to further investigate
............US Political / Military / Scientific
................Astronauts
................Military
................Presidents
................Scientific
........Unknown / neutral sources to investigate
............US Political / Military / Scientific
............Roswell People
........Unreputable
........Outside Commentators
....Photos
....Videos
........Nellis S-30
........Examples of fakes
....Resources / Facts
........Best Cases
........Debunkers
........Evidential explanations suggesting proof of UFOs
........Life in space
........Odd space / air phenomenon
........Origins of Area 51 - Dreamland
........Radar
........Timelines
........Tools
........Websites
....Misc
........Koans
Projects & Serious Investigations in to UFOs
....Ideas to solve the UFO problem
....19th Century SETI
....CNES - GEIPAN
....Condon Report
....1969/12/26 to 27 - AAAS Symposium on UFOs
....1970's Multiple Anomaly Detection & Automated Recording (MADAR)
....SETI, OSETI, SETV, & SETA
....1998 to present - Project Hessdalen
....2007/11/12 - National Press Club
....2009/05/09 - Beeblebrox
Fortean subjects
Mythos
Science
....AI
....Anthropology & sociology
....Astronomy / Space
....Atmospheric
....Biology
....Engineering
....Futurists
....Geology / Earth science
....Math
....Psychology
....Physics
....Theories of Everything

Addendum:

Here are some fun additional links to consider adding under: Science → Anthropology & Sociology → History
  1. A Lost European Culture, Pulled From Obscurity.
    www.nytimes.com...
  2. Do these mysterious stones mark the site of the Garden of Eden?
    www.dailymail.co.uk...
  3. Mystery of longest surviving mammoths.
    www.guardian.co.uk...
  4. Çatalhöyük, the Neolithic City that pre-dated the Ancient Egyptians by 4,000 years!
    www.abovetopsecret.com...
  5. Rise of man theory ‘out by 400,000 years’
    www.timesonline.co.uk...
  6. How Long Have Humans Been on Earth?
    www.universetoday.com...
  7. Lost Treasures from Iraq--Objects
    1. oi.uchicago.edu...
    2. oi.uchicago.edu...
  8. Lost city in Syria predates the wheel
    www.msnbc.msn.com...
  9. Ancient skeletal remains shed new light on evolution
    edition.cnn.com...
  10. Kandinsky's great, "A Cover-Up of History. Wrong!"
    www.abovetopsecret.com...
  11. Rise in Oxygen Drove Evolution of Animal Life 550 Million Years Ago
    www.sciencedaily.com...
  12. The toolkit that proves man left Africa for the Arabian Peninsula 65,000 years earlier than previously thought
    www.dailymail.co.uk...
  13. Dinosaurs Survived Mass Extinction by 700,000 Years, Fossil Find Suggests
    www.sciencedaily.com...
  14. Timeline - History of the Universe
    www.historyoftheuniverse.com...
  15. Latest Extinction is the Greatest
    www.wired.com...
  16. Earliest Humans Not So Different from Us, Research Suggests
    www.sciencedaily.com...
  17. Could this be the biggest find since the Dead Sea Scrolls? Seventy metal books found in cave in Jordan could change our view of Biblical history
    www.dailymail.co.uk...
  18. Jordan battles to regain 'priceless' Christian relics
    www.bbc.co.uk...
  19. A Stonehenge under Lake Michigan [?]
    www.zmescience.com...
  20. Arkaeologi Haderslev / Mandens fund -- December Month's Discovery
    www.museum-sonderjylland.dk...
    edit on 2-6-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

MOD NOTE:Automatic download link snipped. TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF USE:
    15j.) URL Links: You will not place a link on any of the Websites that initiates an automatic download or execution of a file of any sort

edit on June 2nd 2011 by greeneyedleo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Thank you, Xtraeme.

I'll be sure to give this a read in the coming days.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   
i dont even know what i'm downloading, but thank you! lol

looks like lots and lots of info, thank you very much cant wait to sift through this!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:32 PM
link   
reply to post by mac420

i dont even know what i'm downloading, but thank you! lol

The short answer is a whole lot of information!
A detailed outline of the features available in Scrapbook can be found on the official website ( amb.vis.ne.jp... ) under the tutorial section ( amb.vis.ne.jp... ). For a quick overview, there are several video demonstrations on youtube showing off the basic functionality.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Hello OP. Thank you for posting this. I appreciate the effort in making a sizeable thread full of info.

I have one question for you. Is there any undeniable evidence of UFOs originating from a different planet than Earth?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by UnaChispa

Originally posted by UnaChispa
Hello OP. Thank you for posting this. I appreciate the effort in making a sizeable thread full of info.

I have one question for you. Is there any undeniable evidence of UFOs originating from a different planet than Earth?

That's harder to answer than you might think. There are cases that I would classify, without a doubt, as TRUFOs. TRUFOs being objects that are so far outside the bounds of modern day technology and knowledge that I can say without equivocation they represent something new. Whether or not they're terrestrial, astronomic, manufactured, or any of the other qualities people tend to assign to sightings is pretty hard to assess. If I had to point to a case that suggests intelligence it would probably be the '56 Bentwaters incident ( see: The UFO gauntlet: the case the Condon study, Blue Book, & Klass couldn't crack ). Other hard to explain incidents that somewhat indicate intelligence are:
  1. The Nellis S-30 incident which involved visual confirmation with ranging data (likely lidar-based) from a military theodolite. ( cf. Martin Powell's analysis -- homepage.ntlworld.com... , www.roswellproof.com... , and the full tape at video.google.com... )
  2. The 1957 RB-47 incident includes R/V data with three separate channels of confirmation (air radar/visual, ground radar, passive radar, and active pings) using an AN/CPS-6/B vertical radar antenna, a GPX-6 IFF set, CPS-6B, and FPS-10 set. ( cf. Brad Sparks 1998 RB-47 publication in J. Clark's UFO Encyclopedia )
  3. The 1986 JAL-1628 incident involved three visuals (Capt. Terauchi had 29 years of experience, the flight engineer and co-pilot both noted "night flight head-on traffic"), air radar, and two ground radar confirmations. This is particularly noteworthy because the AARTCC controller signed an affidavit before a notary stating, "Several times I had primary returns where JL1628 reported the traffic." The military ROCC controller confirmed in the taped dialogue between the civilian controller and pilot, that the primary target position matched the heading of the height-finding set. Furthermore a week later the FAA head of accidents and investigations, John Callahan, confirmed that the CIA, FBI, and Reagan's Scientific Study team asked the FAA to hand off all the data. ( Callahan provided this testimony before the National Press Club on broadcast television on May 9th of 2001. See: video.google.com... at 14m35s and www.youtube.com... ).
I'd also suggest checking out the 1976 Tehran UFO incident ( www.nsa.gov... ). A more thorough assessment can be found here, here, and here.

edit on 16/6/2011 by ArMaP because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:20 PM
link   
Dang i want to know what was censored above!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Definitely going to keep this thread in my mind for later reading. Thanks. Looking forward to a good read. Had a wee bit much to drink to comprehend. Looking forward your inspiration. Later. Star for now. Flag for later.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Hi Op, i was wondering if there was a way to get the download file in a legal way.. like maybe you send me the link by mail or something.. thanks.

+7 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by InS0MnI

i second this request. i am familiar with this member, and my Kaspersky is updated. I am willing to take on the risk of downloading the content.

This thread seems to be a good thread. It is a shame it had to be censored. While i understand ATS protecting their investment, it seems that with the way MSM censors information (and the criticism ATS members and ownership alike level due to that censorship), it may be time to find a new way around the way posts are altered by mods.

No offense to GEL, who was only doing her "job". ATS wants to stand for something....it is time that we find a way to make it at least appear transparent enough that we CAN stand for something.

This is about the credibility of site membership, being part of a community that not only fosters open minded, civil discussion (which ATS is among the best at, to be honest), but also espouses the ideas embraced in various freedom movements (insomuch as they can while remaining operational within the laws). There is a real opportunity, in this world of Arab Springs and Jasmin Rebellions, for ATS to promote itself (page views) and its credibility (sustainable growth) by reviewing these policies.

Even if this post is removed for off topic, I would hope it recieves some discussion and consideration among the moderators/site owners. There may be avenues the site prefers for this discourse, but this is the method I chose as it was convenient for my soap box.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
What a gift. Thanks.

I like your research concepts and philosophies as well. I can see how Evernote from mac to iphone and back can help me in my search/research and be valuable as a dissemination tool too.

That concept was worth the price of admission alone as I'm just learning Evernote and taking my first notes with it now on Project Beta by Greg Bishop.

Great thread. Ditto what that fat furry dude said.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:04 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Thanks BFT, I appreciate the vote of confidence.
It would seem my original interpretation of the terms and conditions didn't take into account a certain subtext. Since I'm not one for politics, I'll try once again to gently sidle around the issue, and simply suggest members search google for "UFO Scrapbook." Frankly if mentioning a search term is against the T&C I'm not sure there's much hope for ATS. All the best chaps!
-Xt

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Thanks for the post, and I must say off of the brief comments you have said thus fair, your vocabulary is immense. Any tips for one trying to expand their speech ?

Oh and S&F .... Downloading tomorrow !

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Brilliant, thanks!

I also hear that Google is your friend

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Xtraeme

Thank you so much for your hard work on this. I will have to wait until I get out of work in order to download it. If any one is having difficulties in locating it, as has been stated Google helps a lot.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by dsm1664

Haha ...thanks for making that simple.

S&F OP ..Ill come back later to give feedback.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
No stopping us now

Im pretty sure we shook the hive

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by WordPlayJAy
reply to post by Xtraeme

Thanks for the post, and I must say off of the brief comments you have said thus fair, your vocabulary is immense. Any tips for one trying to expand their speech ?

Oh and S&F .... Downloading tomorrow !

Hope you enjoy it! As for my overly wordy expositions ... I get teased relentlessly by friends and coworkers for always finding the most obscure word to describe something.
I can't tell you how many times I've heard, "Why use one word when you can use two?" It's not even intentional. I'm just a voracious reader and apparently the words stick. Probably doesn't help that I spend a lot of time rummaging through technical journals. But if you want to bulk up the vocab, a great program to use is "Supermemo." I've used it with great success to study computer science and learn foreign languages like hebrew. Granted it takes awhile to get comfortable with the program, but so long as you use it every day for at least 30 minutes it really does work.

edit on 3-6-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by The GUT
I like your research concepts and philosophies as well. I can see how Evernote from mac to iphone and back can help me in my search/research and be valuable as a dissemination tool too.

That concept was worth the price of admission alone as I'm just learning Evernote and taking my first notes with it now on Project Beta by Greg Bishop.

Great thread. Ditto what that fat furry dude said.

I'm glad someone hit on the real point of the thread. The fact that the library includes a mountain of information is somewhat tertiary to the structure of the library and the collaborative aspects of real-world research. I'd highly recommend checking out Diigo. It's the best Web 2.0 research tool that I've yet to encounter. The social features are even more impressive. I'm actually surprised that no one has, as of yet, used it to better study the UFO phenomenon.
edit on 3-6-2011 by Xtraeme because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join