It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large burst of steam/smoke rising from Reactor No. 4 (VIDEO)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Source: enenews.com...

Flashes after 1:49

Watch Live feed Here: www.youtube.com...

Nuclear reactor state: currently 4250 Sv / h at reactor 4 atmc.jp...
edit on 2-6-2011 by smartbuddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
I found this live feed also:

news.tbs.co.jp...

Looks like thick fog moving in...hope it's not smoke.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

Not sure where your getting 4250 sV/h as That would be the reading of inside a nuclear bomb. A critical reactor that is fissioning is about 200-400 sV/h.

Don't see anything major on the video, but a couple of increases in lights. As a previous poster said, looks like fog on the live cam. Maybe I'll fix a few photos up later, but not seeing what your seeing I guess...

Pred...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
reply to post by predator0187

watch the video with full screen after 1:49 ..

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Definitely fog, now.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7ca3d3a2493d.jpg[/atsimg]

As for the video...?

Pred...
edit on 2-6-2011 by predator0187 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

I just looked at it again fullscreen...VERY scary!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by smartbuddy

watch the video with full screen after 1:49 ..

No, I see what your seeing. I just take a flash as an instantaneous burst of light. This to me is almost like when a car is moving up and down and your seeing the luminance from the headlights.

As for the video with the steam being released, not too sure. I need photo's of the event happening, then I could fix them up a bit and get a better idea of what's going on. Got them? Or know anyone that has them?

Pred...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   

I'm not sure it's the same unit, but Arnie Gunderson is talking about steam releases around 3 minutes into this video from a few weeks ago:

vimeo.com...

He's pretty sure it's (probably radioactive) steam, and not smoke, and I think he's right. These photos show steam releases from several units, a little steam coming from unit 2 and a lot coming from unit 3, and maybe a little from unit 4 also:
cryptome.org...
The only reactor I don't see steam coming from in those photos is #1.

Regarding the flash of light, I paused the video at the flash, and it looks like the source is in front of the building, not inside the building. But I couldn't tell what the source was. It looked like there was some rotation of the light, which means it probably wasn't an explosion.
edit on 2-6-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

I think Arnie was talking about #3 if I'm not mistaken. And he does go on to say that steam release at night is to be expected as the air is colder, as with the ocean. I'm happy to see steam once and while as that means the molten mass is still covered rather than being exposed.

As for the lights, I agree, seems like something outside of the building. I equated it to car lights when the car was moving, if you get my drift. I don't know about the light, it just doesn't remind of anything inside the building.

Pred...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by predator0187
I'm happy to see steam once and while as that means the molten mass is still covered rather than being exposed.
Well that's debatable, all that's really needed for steam is some contact with water, the core doesn't have to be fully or even partially covered, if they just sprayed a little water on an exposed hot core it would make steam. Heck it could have even melted through the floor and the steam could be coming from groundwater being boiled away under the floor, though I hope not.

The only problem I see is, if that steam is radioactive as Gunderson suggests, it could be adding to the fallout problem. They need to put those tents up to contain that.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Arbitrageur

Hey, let me be an optimist on that one.

I personally think it's in the basement or bedrock touching occasional groundwater. I'd prefer not to think that though, but, it keeps persisting in my head...

Pred...

join