It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comet Elenin - It's times to put the whole matter to rest

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Comet Elenin and the Earthquake in Japan
An analysis of the likelihood that the comet could have triggered this event.

www.deepastronomy.com...

Please read so we can move on to more important stuff.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by martinkb

You seem to forget one thing: The people who believe Comet Elenin caused the Earthquake in Japan -also- believe that Comet Elenin is anything BUT a Comet, but more like a Brown Dwarf Star.

That article? It talks about Comet Elenin as if it were an actual Comet, and that isn't likely.

How can a Comet so small be seen so far away with an 18" telescope?

Doubtful.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Discussion of Comet Elenin will never be laid to rest sadly, no matter how hard you try the believers will continue to believe and the doubters will continue to doubt, that is until it makes its pass by us and heads back out to deep deep space.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
an interesting point of view, but on the same token here is another point of view that warrants some consideration as well

sites.google.com...

arxiv.org...

I tend to find research that has some meat and potatoes behind it a tad more convincing.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Lionhearte

The perturbation of the object is

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   

the Earth from this distance?' The only answer has to be its gravity, it is the only force available to it that can affect other celestial bodies from a distance. To cause the earthquake in Japan, the gravity from this comet must pull on the Earth strong enough to stress the crust.

This is the "meat" of this THEORY. That there is no force but gravity in the universe. This is WRONG.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaptChaos

the Earth from this distance?' The only answer has to be its gravity, it is the only force available to it that can affect other celestial bodies from a distance. To cause the earthquake in Japan, the gravity from this comet must pull on the Earth strong enough to stress the crust.

This is the "meat" of this THEORY. That there is no force but gravity in the universe. This is WRONG.

The only problem is that such a small object cannot have that much gravity. that is why numbskulls insist it is a brown dwarf because that way they can have their astronomical (sorry!) mass for a astronomically (doubly sorry) small object. You people deny all reasoning and matter-of-fact data to safe-guard your own hysterical beliefs that have grown out of some childish threads. My frank opinion is that if everyone under twenty years of age no longer carried on the flag for this absurd crap about the comet, the threads would vanish.

I have studied and researched old data on comets for years. They are indeed strange things that scientists just can't seem to understand because they had a fairly fixed idea of what they were surposed to be. Actually, I spend a lot of time before Comet Halley came around in the mid-1980s working to prove my contention that comets are habitats for the ETs and that they do not come from the asteroid belt but come from other stars, sling around our star and return home. I termed them "cometships." I know there are about two dozen good reasons why anyone would reject that concept, but most of those objections are build upon human reasoning and cannot escape from that point of view.

This isn't really the time and place for it, but here is a tip: Consider that the comas of comets are created via a more or less natural process to protect the natural body of the comet (and occupants) as it approaches the strong radiations of the sun.

Forget the tails, they are artifacts, similar to aircraft contrails, not important. Except we should take note of the so-called "ion tails" of comets. I strongly suspect that they are another type of natural engine to minutely control the incoming positioning of the long-period comets so that they can precisely fine-tune their orbits for the turn to their star. But that is not to say they travel the distance at their gravitational velocities here in our solar system.

I realize that most people from both sides of this current debate over Lenin will consider me a crackpot, so be it, as a UFO abductee, I'm very well used to it. Regardless, I may get fired up enough to do some threads on this topic.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Due to a dream I had which I wrote about here I'm completely undecided on the issue of Elenin. But we only have 4.5 months to go!
edit on 2-6-2011 by My.mind.is.mine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   

I guarantee on the morning and afternoon and forever more on March 16th, the world will be exactly as it is as I write this, 2-10-2011. Totally, 120%. PERIOD!--THERE WILL BE NO DISASTER OR IMPACT OF ANY KIND ON MARCH 15TH, 2011!!

Questions?

Robert
Pan America
USA
Have Jeep, Have Heart, Will Travel
Last edited by Robert_Stephens; 02-10-2011 at 08:04 PM.

This is from the US message boards where Terral posts. After the March alignment and earthquake and tsunami in Japan, this guy seemed to disappear. Note the date of the post.

posted on Oct, 17 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmamaknows

I guarantee on the morning and afternoon and forever more on March 16th, the world will be exactly as it is as I write this, 2-10-2011. Totally, 120%. PERIOD!--THERE WILL BE NO DISASTER OR IMPACT OF ANY KIND ON MARCH 15TH, 2011!!

Questions?

Robert
Pan America
USA
Have Jeep, Have Heart, Will Travel
Last edited by Robert_Stephens; 02-10-2011 at 08:04 PM.

This is from the US message boards where Terral posts. After the March alignment and earthquake and tsunami in Japan, this guy seemed to disappear. Note the date of the post.

Nah, Stephens hasn't disappeared. He's still out there somewhere, scamming or grifting off someone.
"Have Jeep, Have Heart, Have A Huge Collection of BS Stories"

new topics

top topics

join