It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Three arrested, accused of illegally feeding homeless

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
ok look at those mug shots

i would want them arrested to when they look like that trying to feed me

not a chance if i was homeless.

The honey looks tap-able enough. Especially for the homeless dudes.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by unicomsol

Then they would get arrested for fishing without a license. Damned if you do and damned if you don't.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:52 AM
link   
This is crazy and the people who arrested the guys must not have a moral bone in their bodies, coming to the aid of someone in need is now a crime, if they had their way, they would probably shoot the homeless and solve what they see as a problem. I personally worked for a homeless charity for over two years as a volunteer worker, we were distributing food to them all of the time, I also used to collect unsold sandwiches from an outlet, on my way home from there, and distribute them to a regular crowd of big issue sellers on my route home. But this is England, and also that was 10 years ago, so perhaps we are not as caring anymore.

It reminds me of a case of feeding the birds in the cemetary of my old church school, I have done it since I was a little boy and to me that is my churchyard and my birds. A while back I was doing just this and the vicar came running at me screaming and shouting at me, he was so angry I thought he was going to explode, telling me it was against the law to feed the birds. When a passer by tried to intervene and asked what was going on, I said " well apparently Gods little creatures are not allowed to eat ", at this, the vicar screeched at me that he never said that and that if I didn't get out of there at once, he would call the police. To be honest, I thought he was going to hit me, did he think I was a troublemaker, well im over 50 and not a big built guy and was dressed quite well. Perhaps there should be signs up saying " showing compassion is a crime " !

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
This is beyond stupid, this is tyranny. The stupid people making laws that say this and this cannot the done. If they made the law, why don't they put themselves in the homeless person's shoes!? How about the homeless person gets switched with a congress person's position, then we'll see how things can be done.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
I dont know about all this,
seems pretty combafuzzled and twisted.

You've got your hungry homeless, which of course no one should be,
then you've got your property owners and local residents who are actually getting homeless people breaking in and taking their property.

Seems like we've got two problems going on and neither should be ignored or minimized.
The poor will always be with us, it's just at what level and how many of us will be with them or one of them.
Is there money and resources being wasted to aid in the killing of people worldwide by our government that could be put to better use?
Of course there is, but getting it appropriated and spent correctly is an acid trip fairytale as long as there's dollars to be made in the killin industry of war.

If there were more opportunities, more jobs, would this problem be alleviated?
Somewhat I'm pretty sure but like I said the poor will always be with us.

The residents need to feel respected and safe and not have their stuff stolen and homeless people doing the zombie walk thru their yards at all hours.

Gee, too bad the homeless couldnt be hired to be security guards or clean up patrols within the city limits and earn a nice respectable cot with 3 hots.
I'm sure it wouldnt be 100% participation but it would help.

The homeless would not be out of roof, and unfed and would enjoy the feeling of humanitarian respect,
the residents problems would be cleared up a bit,
and the city just may benefit.

Compassion, we need more of it.

edit on 3-6-2011 by HappilyEverAfter because: to add

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

i have never been arrested so i guess i am better than them.

and i do follow the rule of law no matter how stupid it is.

and i do think people need to be helping themselves instead of having their hands out.

i am give a man a fish you feed him for a day teach a man how to feed and you fed him for a lifetime crowd.

what people like those and possibly yourself fail to see is the promotion of dependency.

i liken this to a zoo feed the animals domestic them and if they ever get turned back into the wild they cant survive from the morality imposed on them by people like them.

not very humane in my opinion

neo, I usually agree with you, but on this issue, man you are cold. I work with these folks sometimes. I hate the sight of a young mother in line at the soup kitchen pushing a carriage while holding another toddler, just to see if she can get some food for her little ones. And before you ask, hubby is out working as a roofer in the heat and rain at $10/hour just to pay the rent..

Cold, man, cold.
edit on 3-6-2011 by mishigas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   
This law is still on the books in Florida?! I read about this a while back and saw that some groups were getting around it somehow. This is really stupid. There's not much else to say except, WTF?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Griffo

Welcome to Hell a/k/a the United States.

There is a reason the world is marginalizing us and we are pretty much dead as a Nation. It began with Reagan and has continued unabated to this day.

If there was a God, he'd hit this planet with a comet.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by neo96

Then again you didnt commit a selfless act and go to jail to help your brother man. Thats great stay on the boring straight and narrow mans law means nothing me I break laws all day every day, as long as I hurt/endanger no one, nor steal, nor impede the natural flow of others lives I dont think I'm doing any wrong. And look at you high and mighty likening the homeless to animals, homelessness can happen to anyone. I pray it never happens to you.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by 4Starlight2Decay0

I wonder when Americans will get up off their butts and say enough is enough with the crazy ass laws. There is revolution in the world against govts and Americans are still sitting at their PCs bitchin' !!!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LexiconV

A violent revolution?
edit on 04/28/2011 by 4Starlight2Decay0 because: esque?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by 4Starlight2Decay0

nope

i am, give a man a fish, you feed him for a day; teach a man how to fish and you fed him for a lifetime, crowd.

How about "Give a man a fishing license before you teach him to do something illegal.” And then, stop kissing management ass and see how fast you get yourself arrested for fishing without a license.
edit on 3-6-2011 by president because: grammer

edit on 3-6-2011 by president because: try this again

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Here in Britain we can no longer feed the ducks with bread and now Americans can't feed eachother,the homeless to be precise? talk about trying to get us ready for a police state and not doing anything at our own free will.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I see a simple solution for this issue.

Trash Cans. Shiny, clean, new trash cans.

FNB can place trash cans throughout the area where the homeless/hungry are. At "coincidentally similar times" throughout the week, they can "deposit" (read: throw away) contained, cooked, hot and/or prepared meals into these trashcans for disposal and walk away.

Nope. They're not feeding anybody. Just disposing of some food they've collected.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
The law exists because the people who used the park for pleasure, feared some of the homeless, when being approached for food, money etc. Take your kids to a park, stepping in human feces, is awesome.

It is SUPPOSED to discourage the homeless from being there, "scaring" or "Harassing" people. A LOT of homeless people that live in parks etc, live there because there are always people to "harass" for money etc..

The world is supposed to be kind. Want to blame someone? Blame the people that whined about it. The law didn't come into existence to be a controlling fascist state. It was asked for, by the people.

Hence the law.

Cops treating the people, who are kind hearted enough to feed these guys, like crap isn't right. The law is supposed to keep the parks clean, safe for use by taxpaying citizens.

But if they are breaking the law...then don't feed them in the park.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   
Ok, now i have been down to my last dollar in a temp time im sure many people here have been close. I got up and got back on my feet i had a responsiblity. Now how long would your savings last until you were in that situation ? My mother used to be part of an organisation in australia helping women and children in need so i grew up around this enviroment foot discriminate against the homeless they could have been in the same position as you not too long ago why treat them as something you want to wipe off your nose ? Discrimination makes a massive rift everyone needs to be thought of and once in a time people need a helping hand i live in china and i always hate it when i see mums on the street with their kids and how almost everyone turns a blind eye to them

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
They made this law on the basis of "Feed them and more will come".

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Give a man a fish....get arrested.
Teach a man to fish....he gets arrested for not having a PERMIT!!!

Make those men slaves, earn "merits", they can eat a "Filet 'o Fish" at McDonalds.

edit on 3-6-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by xavi1000
Wow ..am i dreaming? i can believe that in USA exist this law

The USA is becoming a totally f'd up place, glad I don't live there.

Sarah Palin for POTUS!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by SelfSustainedLoner
They made this law on the basis of "Feed them and more will come".

What do you know?

new topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8 >>

join