It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Deregulates GMO Crops Despite Supreme Court Injunction

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by kigamboni
Here in africa they are offering GM modified MAZE to the local farmers, it is slightly less expensive than the normal NATURAL maze, the returns are higher and what choice does a poor subsistance farmer have?.. none.
Many locals have refused the GM maze however, a credit to them, they dont feel good about it nor the source of supply.

Dont just think of 1st world countries, think of how easy it is to offer this to 3rd world countries and force the issue behind the worlds back so to speak. It is a pitty this is not a war crime, it is a war!.

Exactly. America needs to stop this madness, America allows this structure to remain in place, this is the peoples
country, we need to talk back our inherent power

edit on 3-6-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Janky Red

Please check out what has happened to the cotton farmers in India.Persuaded to use monsanto's seeds for greater yeilds, greater profits, now they are discovering the truth, it really is an apauling story, failing crops, disease, many of these farmers are now ruined, there is a huge rise in the number of suicides amongst their farming communities.. Monsanto is not just involved in food,.How did we as a human race allow the patenting of seeds, and the horrors that followed,and are still to come. This has to be a crime against humanity

edit on 3-6-2011 by isanirac because: missed out the last sentence

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I've had the domain name www.endmonsanto.com for a few months now, and I think it's time i put it to use.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by isanirac

Please check out what has happened to the cotton farmers in India.Persuaded to use monsanto's seeds for greater yeilds, greater profits, now they are discovering the truth, it really is an apauling story, failing crops, disease, many of these farmers are now ruined, there is a huge rise in the number of suicides amongst their farming communities.. Monsanto is not just involved in food,.How did we as a human race allow the patenting of seeds, and the horrors that followed,and are still to come. This has to be a crime against humanity

It is just the beginning, its a brave new world out there and it is a crime against humanity.

There are some methods of business that should be barred, this is one IMO.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Obama Sucks

2Pac will be turnin' in his grave, he wished for a black president like many did, hell, even I did and I'm white, but we ended up with just another puppet for the elite

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by gandhi

Do it, if not, I bet there's plenty on ATS that would buy that domain off you and put it to use, me included

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Free Market Baby, git out of the way of the freedom!!!

Exactly, people argue for "Free Market" deregulation non-stop... until they actually get it. This is capitalism in its purest form, and what deregulation brings in a lobbyist run plutocracy like the U.S. has become.

As for the article, sure, feel free to blame Obama for appointing a Monsanto stooge as the Secretary of Agriculture, but that's really nothing new, nor any different than all of the other special interest appointments made by our Presidents (from both sides of the aisle) over the past few decades. That said, I do find the claim "Obama Deregulates GMO Crops" laughable, as well as the claims of "Obama pushed the Secretary of Agriculture". Monsanto has had Tom Vilsack in their pocket for years, and there would be absolutely no need for any presidential pushing at all. Vilsack will happily bow to Monsanto's wishes regardless.
edit on 6/3/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by TheImmaculateD1

I think you’re missing the point. Obama believes he doesn’t have to answer to anyone. Has made decisions without thinking of the consequences or repercussions. Besides, isn’t he supposed to be for environmentalists? This new type of crop could be detrimental to the environment without long term studies. I almost feel bad for the guy with how much he has screwed up. When the Israel Prime Minister has to come over here and educate our President on how the world works, you start to realize how inexperienced and naïve this president really is. Unemployment still about 9%. Has 3 wars going in three different countries. Bush didn’t even do that. Foreclosures at all time high. How is that hope and change working out?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Cuervo

Actually your wrong. There are a lot of post-apocalyptic "movies" with white dictators. What are you talking about? Why always a quick comment in parenthesis or a reference when talking about someone black? Something you want to tell us?

Its funny isn't it? We're all on a forum complaining about what should be done to the president and what should happen to this world. Only soon will we come to the realization that we should've stood up a long time ago.

No one wants to admit it but everyday as this type of thing happens, its just bringing us closer and closer to a one world government. You won't be able to be outside after 8 P.M. at the rate their destroying the constitution.

I want this guy out of the white house and I want Ron Paul in there. Now I won't say I'm going to do something about it, but hopefully someone else does.

edit on 3-6-2011 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Deebo
Since when does a president over-ride the Supreme Court..?
Nm silly me.

Deebo

When he has a clearly forged American Birth Certificate and the Congress and Supreme Court keeps their mouths shut. That is how he gets away with it. Same as Ghadafi, or any other two bit dictator. What a silly question.

www.wnd.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by redmage
Exactly, people argue for "Free Market" deregulation non-stop... until they actually get it. This is capitalism in its purest form, and what deregulation brings in a lobbyist run plutocracy like the U.S. has become.

This is NOT free market, this is cronyism and lobbying
Under a true free market society with limited govt. you would absolutely NOT have this

the only thing that needs more regulation is Govt. not the people

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Do you by chance have a link to what was done and a link to the Order, or a description of the Order? I was a litigator for 25 years and would love to see it. I can't find anything.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
reply to post by visualmiscreant

Obama is not that hard to figure out if people stop giving him more credit than he deserves. If you look at his record since becoming president, he has slowly eroded away at our freedoms, usurped the Supreme Court by way of Executive Orders on numerous occasions. He has constantly shifted the blame and takes no responsibility for anything wrong with the direction we are going in.

Sure, we can blame Bush but for all of the Obama-bots, remember what you said when the big O won? I believe the mantra was, "We won! Get over it". First of all, I'm not sure who "we" was referring to. So far, it appears to me that we lost. Virtually all of the damage Obama has done had absolutely nothing to do with Bush. He didn't have to renew the Patriot Act, he didn't have to pass his so-called health care reform (I say "so-called" because I work in health care and there is very little in the bill that is beneficial to the citizens. Most of it is more regulation and incentives for providers. Prices will not come down and insurance isn't any cheaper. Read the bill...it's a joke.) He didn't have to issue the plethora of Executive Orders he has signed, he didn't have to sue the state of Arizona because they wanted their borders enforced and on and on and on. None of this has anything to do with Bush.

I knew the first few times I saw him speak that he was trouble; nobody is that cocky and confident coming out of the gate without knowing that the fix was in and without having a chip on their shoulder. I've seen my share of elections and I have never witnessed a more arrogant, cocky condescending candidate. He said he wanted a "police state", in so many words and he's working on getting it. In all of his speeches, if you take them as a whole, he told us exactly what he intended to do to this country. Frankly, none of this surprises me. The man who said he would put a stop to the Washington "cronyism" has expanded it beyond belief; he filled his cabinet with back-slapping buddies who know nothing about running a business. They have lived off the system for most of their lives, just like Obama himself.

The two things that puzzle me and frustrate me the most are the fact that he won and the fact that while he is doing this, the republicans are saying nothing. All of the so-called republican patriots have done nothing to stop him from running roughshod over the country and constitution. Hardly a word of criticism. Then there's the voters; how could we collectively be so stupid not to take him at his word? There were people saying if Obama gets elected they "wouldn't have to worry about buying gas or making their mortgage payment". Really? Hows that working out for you? It's been well over a year since Obamacare passed; is there anybody who now has affordable health care due to this bill? If so, please tell me, I'd like to hear about it and how you got it and who's paying for it and where you got it.

All of this damage will take decades to undo, if ever.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Gee what a surprise with all the Monsanto people Obama has nominated in his administration and at key posts at the FDA!

Yes Bush and Clinton did it too, but it isn't an excuse.

Who didn't see that coming?

He needs to be freaking impeached. NOW.
edit on 2-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

Exactly, THIS IS TREASON. He has ignored the very judicial branch which is supposed to keep the executive branch in check. The Legislative branch should NOW move for impeachment hearings and treason charges. The very fact that gentically altered grains or seeds ar detrimental to the HEALTH and WELFARE of the PEOPLE is a sign that the POTUS has a total disregard for actual LAW and the rights of the people to make their own decisions. Most of these illegally created, "government" aganecies, do this type of thing, what a surprise that nothing will be done about it.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by isanirac

We allowed the Freemasons to take over everything, including the control of Hemp, which is the greatest thing nature EVER had. It's oil is the greatest, it's fabric is the greatest, it's paper is the greatest and so on. BUT, you would not NEED pesticides or other chemicals to grow it and the durability of it is crazy, lasts for years and years!! Where is the money in that? The fact is, we would ALL be better off using it and living the simple life WITHOUT chemical agents or companies like Monsanto and DuPont or 3M. That is a sad truth that these companies even EXIST at all!!!!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

We are not alone in this fight................Seems we have no hope!

www.sovereignindependent.com...

However, in February 2011, the Irish Minister for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food, Brendan Smith: “confirmed that Ireland has altered its voting position and will support a number of proposals from the EU Commission aimed at authorizing the placing on the market of food, food ingredients and feed containing, consisting of, or produced from genetically modified maize and cotton. Ireland will also support EU Commission proposals to introduce a tolerance for the low level presence of, as yet, unauthorized GM varieties in imports of animal feed.”

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
The Tea Party and the GOP wanted deregulation now here it is, live and in living colour. The White House, The US Federal Gov't is not pushing this but TPTB and no one else, get your facts straight.

Yes, I'm sure the Tea Party really wanted this.

You sir need to get YOUR facts straight.

Conservatives want less government involvement in the private sector. Dont you think when the POTUS (government) is making decisions that affect the private sector (corporations) this is EXACTLY what conservatives are trying to prevent??!

I dont want any elected officials telling me what I can and cant eat, I dont want the President involving himself in ANY corporation. His job is to make decisions that (hopefully) benefit the people. This only benefits his cronies and himself. It makes me sick.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

Conservatives want less government involvement in the private sector. Dont you think when the POTUS (government) is making decisions that affect the private sector (corporations) this is EXACTLY what conservatives are trying to prevent??!

So it is said... What conservatives fail to recognize is that the private sectors seeks out relations with the government. The involvement in government is initiated when the private sector buys and funds politicians
and their campaigns. IF conservatives were trying to prevent government involement in the privite sector,
why did Conservative Supreme court memebr vote to allow unlimited finacial influence on politicans, who latter become the government. I mean that is a hell of a way to ensure and solidify the private sector's role in the government, yet you claim that you advocate the opposite, there appears to be an incongruent gap between
desired result and actual policy or maneuvering.

Corporations are chartered, they are fake you know? They are subject to laws and standards upon which their charters are issued, Monsanto would have NEVER happen two hundred years ago even if the technology existed back then, the politicians of the day would have revoke Monsanto's charter or ensured that they adhered to their charted mission. Modern conservative logic here is nill, zip, zilch, maybe you can tell me WHO WILL CURTAIL
MONSANTO???

Really what I read is, there is nothing anyone can do in regards to Monsanto, the best way to stop them is to let them do what ever they want. Can you explain how Monsanto can be stopped and who has the capacity to do it?

Thanks, Devil

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I dont think Republicans or tea party people should have any room to complain about this. They have after alll been lobbying since Obama came into office about heavy government regulation and reducing big government. Well here you have it. Your calls have been answered. Another part of an industry has been deregulated, should be thrilled.

I hate it though, and will definetly show up to complain when his re-election camps show up in town next year.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Your source is either simply wrong or deliberately lying (my guess):

www.reuters.com...

www.nytimes.com...

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join