It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Deregulates GMO Crops Despite Supreme Court Injunction

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheImmaculateD1
The Tea Party and the GOP wanted deregulation now here it is, live and in living colour. The White House, The US Federal Gov't is not pushing this but TPTB and no one else, get your facts straight.

Wow, that's stooping pretty low for something as useless as partisan points

deregulation doesn't not mean "We want more cronyism"
Get YOUR facts straight

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

How is this different than Jim Jones poisoning the Kool-aid. Sounds whacky? Not really. Will people going to look the other and whine up to the day they pour you and your family a cup of poison. Are you like all those followers who drank it knowing they were dead men walking. Oh I can't believe he would do tha ( you want to bet) Oh they have guns (what do you have to lose). Oh what are all the other people going to think (nothing when they are all dead) What is it going to take . Bodies lying everywhere on the ground?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
since i dont eat alfafa or sugar beats i do not care.

but if you eat horse meat then maybe you should care about alfalfa.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
The best President Monsanto and Goldman Sachs could buy . Change you can believe in . Too little , too late but a few congressmen got their noses out of joint today over the Goldman Sachs manager going to war with Libya without consulting congress .

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
since i dont eat alfafa or sugar beats i do not care.

but if you eat horse meat then maybe you should care about alfalfa.

Perhaps, not with the alfalfa, but more likely with the sugar beets you do:

Sucrose from sugarbeets is the principal use for sugarbeets in the United States. Sugarbeets contain from 13 to 22% sucrose. Sucrose is used widely as a pure high energy food or food additive. High fiber dietary food additives are manufactured from sugarbeet pulp and major food processors in the United States have used these dietary supplements in recently introduced new products including breakfast cereals.

Nonetheless, GMO foods are practically in all of our foods now, so this is just another source to add to the list - even in our vitamins.

So be it Fluoride, GMO, MSG, aparatame, TSA scanners, sun-blocks - they will get you. However, don't worry. With the 2012 alignment and galactic energy waves heading towards earth, your DNA will be repaired prior to your evolutionary growth spurt. After that, you won't have to eat.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Looks like Obama is now complicit in allowing bio weapons to be used against the American people. I hope those involved live long enough to hang at the end of a rope.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

right man when that happens we wont need to eat and we will have powers like x-men.

we will never die never grow old either.

i cant wait for 2012 the new beginning

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Absolute, utter BS. All you can do is laugh to prevent a nervous breakdown and hope your genes are strong enough to adapt to all the electromagnetic, radiation, and GMO bombardment.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Redwookieaz
reply to post by Janky Red

It isn't really a free market though.. I mean if it was truly a free market then small farmers who want to grow non-gmo crops wouldn't be sued out of existance by Monsanto when their cruddy GMO junk contaminates farmer's fields.

If it was really free market then Monsanto wouldn't be able to patent food (seeds).

If it was really a free market then the government would not have stepped in and told those companies who aren't using GMO crops in their products that they can't advertise their products as GMO free because they know nobody would buy the GMO crud if they knew which is which.

That is definitely not free market. In a free market, people would know what's what and Monsanto would go out of business because people would not buy their frankenfoods.
edit on 2-6-2011 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

My point is people will cry "free market" to protect criminality, based upon the apparent transparency of that criminality. People cry free market and try to apply the sentiment to horrible things that are not free in the first place, the deregulation of derivatives is a good example... Monsanto benefits from the knee jerk theatrics of modern politics, where insanity can be justified by crying "COMMUNISM" or "FREE MARKETS". I am not sure how anybody would know what is what when it is very easy to lie with advertising and zero reprocussions for
bent truth.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

The Tea Party and the GOP wanted deregulation now here it is, live and in living colour. The White House, The US Federal Gov't is not pushing this but TPTB and no one else, get your facts straight.

Wow, that's stooping pretty low for something as useless as partisan points

deregulation doesn't not mean "We want more cronyism"
Get YOUR facts straight

I wonder, under what face and banner can you stop Monsanto?

I will pay anyone here $10 if you can lay out a plan that does not require the miraculous oneness of a
universal, successful boycott campaign, terrorism or some act of government.

they need their charter revoked, end of story
edit on 2-6-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
This pi$$e$ me off for soooo many reasons...

- Obama and family eat only organic at our expense.

- The Obamas carted around their own organic food and purified water while traipsing around the UK and Europe at our expense.

- Obama repeatedly exposes how he respects the "rule of law" while continually ignoring it.

- Mrs. Obama takes a holier than though attitude re: childhood nutritition while administration policy will poison our children.

- this no longer just a "let them eat cake" attitude -- it's a "let them eat GMO cake! and die" attitude.

I've gone pretty much all organic and filter the flouride out of my water. Organic is so expensive but I absolutely REFUSE to buy their crud. ( I end up having a lot less to eat.)

I boycott flying.
I boycott GMO foods.
I boycott all "keeping up with the Jones' " spending.
I boycott most TV.
I stay away from doctors and pharmaceuticals as much as absolutely possible.

We are citizens - NOT serfs.

edit on 2-6-2011 by robyn because: typo

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
I've said it once, I'll say it again. It's getting that time for peeps to dig themselves a hole and bury themselves.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Redwookieaz

instead of free market lets just say the control they are able to get through money is capitalism in its finest

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Janky Red

I would ask if you knew several of the pass FDA and related agency heads/top positions were held by former Monsanto employee's and that much of the situation regarding Monsanto, the food-industrial complex, and large ecological disasters related to which are caused heavily by government intervention into the market.

I would also ask if you would please try to appear educated on the subject you post on and at least have some concept of what's occurring, especially considering the whole "deny ignorance" slogan of the site.

But I don't ask these things. Why? Because you're the left wing equivalent of neo96 or Centurion and I'm on the political madness forum of AboveTopSecret.com.

I know better than that now,

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   

The tea party ? What? are you out of your mind? Oh, lets blame Sarah Palin and Herman Cain for this too.

I cant take all these weak minded people that blame GOP or Democrats for everything... THEY ARE BOTH THE SAME CRIME FAMILY! Obviously you are watching too much CNN, FOX or MSNBC.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

Originally posted by Janky Red

I would ask if you knew several of the pass FDA and related agency heads/top positions were held by former Monsanto employee's and that much of the situation regarding Monsanto, the food-industrial complex, and large ecological disasters related to which are caused heavily by government intervention into the market.

I would also ask if you would please try to appear educated on the subject you post on and at least have some concept of what's occurring, especially considering the whole "deny ignorance" slogan of the site.

But I don't ask these things. Why? Because you're the left wing equivalent of neo96 or Centurion and I'm on the political madness forum of AboveTopSecret.com.

I know better than that now,

B.S, you are making excusses for lawlessness, trying to equate function with job performance, systemic corruption and corporatism (what else is new???)

Your entire post, less taking the piss out of me, exemplifies the idiocy of modern political discourse, the face of the neo neocorporatist dialoge has just spewed forth its seed on the net again, thank you DC We can thwart
the active consolidation of corporate power, by leaving them alone and letting them consolidate more power

Your mastery of logic is profound and all encompassing! What we need are more people like you or the current regulators who will not question or challege the powers that be. I mean clearly Pector, if Monsanto would just be allowed to do whatever they want, they would stop soliciting the government, they would hault their agenda.

God the logic is flowing

I mean the failure of regulation couldn't be a failure of law and good faith enforcement? It is just magic right?
The best way to stop a fire is to let it burn?

Then we have the Gulf Spill

Obviously if the government did not regulate oil extraction the Gulf Spill would not have happened. Oil companies would invest in legimate blow out preventors, because they would be happy, feel the urge to be responsible,
under cut their bottom line and add considerable cost for the benefit of an ownerless ocean. I mean it couldn't be that the individual regulator in question was inept, corrupt and a free marketeer who was personally not inclined to interfere with the producers?

I guess the best way to fight the powers that be is to accept anything they can create or fund?

God forbid, rooting out corruption and championing the spirit of Teddy Roosevelt and his creation.

edit on 3-6-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Maybe we should send emails to obama kids..how does it feel little obama jr..yuor dad is saying we all have to be posioned and die so they can live? see them burst into tears...
it isnt legal is it? i know a president can overturn things..but a legal court of law? is that actually legal? i dont think so..becuase then a president could commit as much murder as he wanted and get off scott free. whcih seems to be the case here.
maybe he is a foreinger in a presidents shirt n tie acting the fake art of a legal US citizen afterall?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:58 AM
link   
Here in africa they are offering GM modified MAZE to the local farmers, it is slightly less expensive than the normal NATURAL maze, the returns are higher and what choice does a poor subsistance farmer have?.. none.
Many locals have refused the GM maze however, a credit to them, they dont feel good about it nor the source of supply.

Dont just think of 1st world countries, think of how easy it is to offer this to 3rd world countries and force the issue behind the worlds back so to speak. It is a pitty this is not a war crime, it is a war!.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   

I so sorry, are you the victim now Spectre DC? My ire is so very unprovoked, poor ,innocent DC

Thursday night is a bit early to be nipping it so hard don't cha think?

Let me break it down here

I stated "they need their charter revoked, end of story",

talking about Monsanto,

I believe they are an evil entity

The government (state attorney general, Beau Bidden) can revoke a charter of incorporation

Then somehow that inspires some generally understood, non contested knowledge, followed by...

Here is where you pull a Neo yourself, Spectre

Monsanto opperates globally, they have infultrated governments all around the world Spectre, World Bodies too.

But,,, you make the assertion that somehow the US regulation makes private entities act unconscionablly, while ignoring that fact that Monsanto, for example, behaves similarly in everyother non US country they do business in. You make it sound as if Monsanto's Eastern European division encourages biodiversity and free farming practices. So what are you on about??? It is like explaining a car accident by saying; "daaaarr, cars go beep, then ambulance come"

Frankly I don't buy ideological fairty tails, ... your trite sumary of what propels corporate evil and governmental incompetency is NEO and Centurion, not even the janky liberal variety, it is spot on Neo. Your brain doesn't even
hit second gear... Clearly regulation is not working, clearly Monsatno needs to be stoped, how do you proposed to do the later???

are you suggesting that Jesus should come down and change Monsanto's mentality? What is going to stop Monsanto, DC? I mean, this is where you and your high horse clash with the dim premise of your attack,

maybe you are suggesting that Monsanto should be free to rule as much of the world as possible?

edit on 3-6-2011 by Janky Red because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join