It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hello ATSers!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Today is the day that I have decided to take the plunge and actually join the ATS community! I have been on the website for over two years now reading all of the awesome conspiracy threads, and finally made the move.
Why?
Because I am one of the many that feel something isn't quite right about the way the world is being depicted in both recent years and in the ancient past. As you all are aware, what we know of our global history is dependant on what texts and material remains are left behind for us to piece together. Most mainstream scholars do not focus on the strange anomolies of the past, no matter how groundbreaking the research could be or how much evidence exists in the ancient texts. Anomalous accounts are often brushed off as religious visions or speculative thinking. I do not claim to have the answers, but I have learned that our past is shaped by the ideas of the present. There is the accepted history... which is rarely questioned, then there is what really happened... which we may never fully realize. I also see the same things with information dissimination today, which is brought up so many times on ATS. Every ounce of information we receive from TV, radio, newspapers, are all skewed to portray a particular viewpoint of those in control (in much the same manner as the elites controlled the writing of history in the ancient world). While this may always be the case, what is most disturbing is that there seems to be a haze of passivity and acceptance that is affecting the general population. People seem to care less and less about whether they are receiving the most accurate information, and are content to stay uninformed as a means of obtaining a feeling of security. Well I CARE!
I know that these ideas are not new to this forum, but I wanted for the fellow theorists to understand why I have joined. Thinking out of the box has been known to change the course of history, and I want to join the global conversation. I also want to tip my hat to all the creative thinkers out there who have expressed themselves despite the risk to their personal or professional reputations. I look forward to posting again soon!

-Beware the Ides of March

TheAncientsKnew
edit on 2-6-2011 by TheAncientsKnew because: mispelling

edit on 2-6-2011 by TheAncientsKnew because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAncientsKnew

Welcome and thx for your introduction.
I like your feeling that something isnt quite right.
Well i would say, not something, but everything

enjoy

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Things are definitely not right, welcome to the site.
I didnt mean that to rhyme.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Thanks so much for the welcome! Looking forward to some lively conversations on this forum

top topics

join