It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Proposed Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I have given this much thought, and now I think I will share the idea. There needs to be a bill introduced into legislation that will correct a lot of our mess.

1. No corporate or foreign money may be contributed to any campaign for public office.
2. No foreign entity nor corporate officer may hold any stock in the Federal Reserve system.
3. Representatives will be audited for accountability to their constituents. Any representative who did not vote according to their constituents majority are to be immediately removed from office and prosecuted for fraud.
4. Lobbying a public servant is illegal, and if found guilty would be punishable by 20 years in a federal prison.
5. Supreme Court judges may not be affiliated with any political party.
6. Any president or public servant that approves legislation in direct violation of our Constitution would be tried for treason and hanged in public if found guilty.
7. Drug testing would be mandatory for anyone applying for/receiving public tax money.
8. A national sales tax of 16% is to be instituted and the IRS would be phased out.
9. Any products used by any public entity must be entirely produced within the US by US manufacturers.
10. All illegal immigrants are to be deported. This includes children born in the US by persons residing here illegally.
11. The military will cease all foreign operations, and will fulfill it's duties as protectors of the US and it's borders.
12. The UN will move it's headquarters out of the US with no further participation by the US in said organization.

That's a good start.
edit on 2-6-2011 by haarvik because: spelling

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
That's a good start.

You take that back right now!

It's a GREAT start! But one we will never see the full spectrum of. We might be able to make some headway if we can get Dr. Paul into office in 2012.

That said...I like the way you think!
edit on 6/2/2011 by freakjive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by freakjive

Thank you. Hopefully if enough like minded people band together, we can make some if not most of these a reality. Just waiting for the liberal trolls to bash it!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Just thought of a couple more.

13. Tariffs are to be imposed on all products imported into the US.
14. Any US corporation that has facilities in other countries would no longer qualify for public assistance or tax breaks.
14. No foreign interest may own property in the US. You must be a US citizen or wholly owned US business to purchase and own property in the US.
15. No foreigner who is accused of a crime is protected by the US Constitution or it's laws. They are to be prosecuted and treated according to international law.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Great, I love it! Now, just try and find a congressman to sponsor this bill. You'd need a congressman that is not in the back pocket of a corporation or some higher up political cronies. Once such a person is found, they'll need 24-7 protection. Of course a bill like this wouldn't pass, at least with any teeth in it, or without some pork project attached at the very last minute. It would be doomed before anyone even heard of it. Sorry I'm so negative, but I have no hope for this type of bill passing.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by MichiganSwampBuck

Oh I agree, however, you have to start somewhere to plant the seeds of revolution in order to take the first step up the mountain. Each small step takes you closer to accomplishing the goal. If you never take the step, you only get to wish.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by haarvik

Yes, steps need to be taken, but a bill? Ah, what the heck, it might get the ball rolling. It could be used to say, "Hey we tried the peaceful way, but now we got to get tough".

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by haarvik
reply to post by freakjive

Thank you. Hopefully if enough like minded people band together, we can make some if not most of these a reality. Just waiting for the liberal trolls to bash it!

I consider myself a liberal, and I'm all for it. As long as we still help the elderly, the truly sick, and orphans. Count me in!!! With out the war machine this should be a piece of cake.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
One more thing to add. This one is for jobs. Anyone over the age of 58, born in and still living in the US and has a net worth of under $5M is forced to retire. They receive $2M of which $1M must be invested for an income stream. They can not re-enter the work force for 5 years. This frees up jobs for the younger people, and allows people to retire at an age where they can spend their money and still enjoy it. This would cost less than the wall street bailout!

new topics

top topics

join