It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Objectum Sexuality: When Relationships With Inanimate Objects Become Intimate

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

It seems that people with this disorder have a problem with real intimacy out of fear of getting hurt. It is quite an interesting disorder. I guess they feel they are safe with these objects, they can't leave them, cheat on them, hurt them and so on.

Again, it is your opinion that this is a disorder and it is an assumption that they have a problem with intimacy and getting hurt. It is also your opinion that this isn't "real" since there are many people around the world who DO believe that everything is a living thing (animism).

Did I ever say it isn't real? Did you even read what I said?! Apparently not!

Also I made a thread on this a couple years ago and 99% of the people I read about that had it HAD intimacy issues or childhood traumas with abandonment. I never said it wasn't real so don't put words in my mouth.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnteBellum
There is so much debate over same sex marriages but nobody seems to stand in the way if you want to marry a bridge, tower or ride!

There's nobody standing in the way of same sex marriage, either.

There is no law against marrying anybody or anything you want. People can exchange wedding vows with any man, woman, child, animal or inanimate object they wish to; there is no law prohibiting this.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
People witness me making love to a megatouch machine or two daily. I'm a bit of a whore like that.

This is a couple of years ago. My motions are much, much more creative/fluid now a days.

I'm a stuporstar at a dozen plus of the dumb games.

If it's just good ole love, wtf is the big deal, now

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by AnteBellum
There is so much debate over same sex marriages but nobody seems to stand in the way if you want to marry a bridge, tower or ride!

There's nobody standing in the way of same sex marriage, either.

There is no law against marrying anybody or anything you want. People can exchange wedding vows with any man, woman, child, animal or inanimate object they wish to; there is no law prohibiting this.

Cool story, bro.

Prop 8
Same-Sex Marraige in the UK
edit on 4-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

When you said "it seems that people with this disorder have a problem with real intimacy", what did you mean by that statement? I interpreted as meaning that you think that this is not real.

BlackPoison94, you are so open minded and awesome. You are right, the fear can be applied to anything. It's possible that some love objects out of fear of love with a person but you are right, that is not always the case and can be applied to anything including saying that someone is a slut out of fear or real love.

edit on 4-6-2011 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I think everyone has forgotten what it was like to be a child with the ability to interact with inanimate objects!

Don't you remember? It is as clear as when you first began to realize that you could create in your mind!

Here is the deal, these folks reached a level of emotional maturity, somewhere deep in their past, and at some point they were traumatized and the level of emotional maturity stopped completely. They could not grow past that level of emotionality!

So even though you have a 40-year-old or a 20-year-old, inside they are "stuck" in that emotional level and can never grow past that. They grow older, they educate themselves, they cope and cooperate in life, but they can never grow emotionally!

They have to reach within and heal that scar and open that ability again to grow emotionally so that they can mature into "healthy human" relationships, but I don't think they can.

Gay people are not "stuck" emotionally by any means! LOL We generally have a tendency to "let it out!"

There is a big difference here! If you cannot see that then most likely "You" have not grown emotionally and are stuck!

At what age is the big question? My guess is that these people are about 7-years-old emotionally, and so if this is true than the relationship is not sexual in nature! If the person is about 12-13-years emotionally then there is that possibility. Any emotional age above that would include sexuality on many levels and can harbor sexual deviant behavior depending on the trauma and the expression of the individual at dealing with it.

The levels are much more than this, but my guess is that once someone is able to find their "expression" they find Peace and are comforted at that emotional level. Who are we to take that away or criticize when there is no harm to anyone? To chastise them would be to create Pain and that makes about as much sense as chastising a child for their pretend worlds!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

That game IS addicting! I love that game and have contemplated buying one of those machines just to play Tai Pei.

I don't see anything wrong with people who form relationships to these objects. If they are happy then that is all that should matter.

There is a movie with Ryan Gosling called Lars and The Real Girl and he has a relationship with a mannequin and his friends, family and community go along with it but slowly get him away from it and get him to realize what is going on. In the movie if I remember correctly his came about from something that happened in his childhood so he felt safe with the mannequin, IE it couldn't hurt or leave him.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Many thoughts: spirit possessions to "djinns" of said objects, "imprint" as mentioned already, energy recognition of inanimate object along the line of "love/God/singularity" being everywhere in ALL things great and small, etc. Douse it, smudge it: Maybe prayers , too, will release the humans from these strange attachments.

And they say "dogs are man's best friends". Interesting.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Greensage

To summarize my interpretation of what you said:

"My opinion is that they are not emotionally matured, and if you can't agree with that then neither are YOU!".

It reminds me of how some religious people act, "They are evil and if you don't agree with me then so are YOU"

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I don't find this anymore abnormal than a guy who loves his car/boat to death or a woman in love with diamonds/jewellery/money/ etc. I've heard of cases where people have had the ultimatum of the car (or other object the person has a passion for) or me and the person has chosen the object over the spouse.
The object wins over the other person with all kind of rationalisations.
How is Objectum Sexuality any different? We all love inanimate objects at some point in our lives and are even encouraged to.
Whether its our dolls, teddy bears etc and it's often fostered by adults when we are children.

So Objectum Sexuality seems to be just the next level up from experiences that occur in everyday life anyway in some form or another if you really look around.
I had a friend who I worked with who like me was a nurse. She had a huge china doll collection that she was totally devoted to and spent thousands of dollars a year on. Just not collecting but for overseas trips to acquire them.
Most thought it was just a passion (??) of hers and hobby or interest.
Her husband was beside himself about it for a long time but realised that unless he accepted it, she was going to leave.

So yeah. I don't really find this at all too far fetched and kind of see how this can happen.
I can't really see how not having relationships because of the Object obsession is really any different to people who isolate themselves from their loved ones emotionally to spent time on/nurture and obsess over some inanimate object or other.
Maybe these people acquired the Objectum Sexuality AFTER they got married/began a relationship while the people in these stories acquired it while still young and single?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Wow, you took that personally, that must mean you know how to feel; this might mean something! LOL

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
reply to post by unityemissions

In the movie if I remember correctly his came about from something that happened in his childhood so he felt safe with the mannequin, IE it couldn't hurt or leave him.

I was hurt, very, very badly in the a relationship that pretty much went along way towards putting me in the beginning stages of psychosis which lasted a long time. She purposefully ripped my heart away, and did EVERYTHING within her power to destroy my sanity.

Recently have hooked up with an amazing woman who's just as sensitive and caring as I am, and she smells absolutely funtastic
The feelings which were experiencing are simply inphuckingcredible...

PS, can you hit 359K on tai play by chance?! I've been looking for someone who can give me a challenge.

I also play photohunt and photopop, amongst others. I don't use the eye trick, and have reached 441K on photohunt, and 8+ million on photopop. u2u me if you like...
edit on 4-6-2011 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
I guess the man wasn't hard enough.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by TheOrangeBrood

State-sanctioned same-sex marriages are not legal in the UK. We have no laws prohibiting any person from exchanging marriage vows with anyone or anything.

Hence why it is perfectly legal for someone to marry a bridge or fairground ride, just as it's perfectly legal for someone to wed someone of the same sex.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I think a lot of people are in love with there,
Cars, TV, computers, mobile phones and things like that.
they just can not see it.

If it hurts no one else.
they let them love what ever they like.
to many get hurt in love as it is.
one day robot love will be a normal thing.
at least you get true loyalty.
edit on 5-6-2011 by buddha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Well I think this is just the start of a whole new sex revolution. With advancement in robotics and AI this may become more common. I see a day that human/android relationships are common place.

And if and when extraterrestrial life starts to interact with humans then such things as beastslity and Zoophilia will sooner or later become common place because any extraterrestrial life will be anything but human.

Now neither of those is going to happen today and maybe not in a hundred years but if the human race does not kill it self off both will some day happen. We are just getting a preview of things to come.

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Start reading the many many many posts from men who aren't allowed to see their children, have to pay 45% of their paycheck to a woman that uses the money for stuff other than the child(ren) etc......don't get me going on this one.

I guess you could also start reading about all the women who get dumped after getting pregnant with no help from the guy at all, or who are abused physically, or the many women who are raped, molested and killed by men.

You get my drift? Let me tell you what it is. Its that people get hurt by other people. And not everyone gets hurt repeatedly, and not everyone gets hurt and then nurses that wound for life. Some people exercise better judgment out of the gate, and get hurt a lot less. Some people can pick the ONE abusive person out a room full of saints and gravitate towards that person.

Getting hurt by another human does not explain falling in love with an object. At all. MOST people are hurt by a member of the opposite sex at some point in time. Very few will them reject that gender and switch to the other, even fewer will reject living creatures altogether and fall in love with objects.

You know what I see when I hear or read people complaining about their suffering at the hands of the opposite sex? I see someone who is a victim, by choice. Not because they have to pay, or cant see their kid. That may not be their choice. But because ALL the people I have ever met in my life who whine about how life/others have treated them do so in order that they can in turn be abusive buttholes themselves. Every single on of them. Its an excuse to hate. An excuse to verbally abuse. And an excuse for underachievment.

My two cents. And I just happened to have grown up as rough as it gets. Those of us who pull out of it, LEARN from what has happened, and move on, grateful for the lesson, no matter how painful, and do better the next time. Those of us who dont pull out of it, blame others for everything their whole lives, and drive away any healthy normal person they come in contact with, all of whom flee from professional victims. (As well they should)

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

As stated previously, I can only give my own experience.

The way many young women dress and act today - they are asking for it. You don't dangle a hunk of raw meat in front of a hungry dog and not expect them to bite at it. I'm all for dressing sexy, but some young women I see really take it to the extreme.

Now, my experience:

My son went for the gold, a real blonde "beauty"............I warned him she was a psychopath and very mentally deranged to no avail.

Most women chose to get pregnant.........today in America and Canada and Europe, there is such a thing as birth control.

Getting back to my son, they got pregnant, married and right after my grand daughter was born, she spent 16 hours every day away from home. She would work, go to school and in her spare time (most evenings and every weekend go to bars and help her brother run his Kareokee business) leaving my son to work full time, come home and care for his infant daughter............they bonded like a child would usually bond to the mother who is normally the main caregiver.

At two, she, my daughter in law came to our home at 3 AM with the police (we were baby sitting) took our grand daughter and disappeared for three months.

Than began divorce proceedings.

My son was not abusive, his big crime was he gained too much weight and was no longer desirable to her.

Each experience is different, no not all men rape, abuse and are brutes.........maybe the ones you know.

My husband of 38 years was the best father.

My son is a good father..........by the way my ex daughter in law has:

- Called my son's employer and got him fired so he now does not have a job. He was paying child support but now that she got him fired he cannot pay child support.

- I bought our grand daughter close to $500.00 USD worth of clothes for winter and she threw them back at my son, refusing them.

- When she drove off with my two year old grand daughter, that night I promised her, in front of a policeman, that if she did not turn this divorce into a ugly mess that would mess up her daughter psychologically, I would pay her $1,500 a month myself to ensure they had a decent place to live.

- We (my husband and I now own a ten room house, a town house and now 100 acres somewhere up north...........if this little idiot had played her cards right, she would now be the proud owner of said town house as I would give anything and I mean anything for my husband, my son and I to be involved in our grand daughter's life.

- She has continiously ignored and disobeyed court "Joint Custody" rulings and the court doesn't care, they don't enforce custody rulings...........it's all a big scam to pad the wallets of judges, lawyers and the divorce court system. And you can't see that.

- Some people, mostly men, would do better with a doll vs a woman.

- Many young women I see today are being raised to be spoiled, selfish, non compromising %itches and it's considered "cute".

- Look at the reality shows............Bridezillas, Paris Hiton's MBF and all the other stupid, dumbing down, shows.

- You can't see that the family unit is being broken apart intentionally.............dividing the most sacred of bonds, that between a man and a woman deciding to create a family.

Destroy the family unit, separate the mother and father and leaving the kids to raise themselves.

No, sorry, I've met and talked to too many men that want to be good fathers, many times now it is the women who simply want a wedding party to celebrate them being queen for a day and than the mommy experience and than it's good bye charlie....................and in Illinois, I can't speak for any other state, the father and paternal grand parents have little or no rights.

My daughter in law is crazy because her father wanted her to have my grand daughter aborted (read it on one of her blogs) and so refused to see our beautiful grand daughter until two weeks before he died.

Her mother, who is nice, abandon my ex daughter in law when she was four because she could not tolerate her husband's cruel games.................with the same exact lawyer my ex daughter in law used against my son.

Times have changed, I know a lot more nicer men now than women. Many women are devious, manipulative and spoiled princesses.

When you have main custody going to the mother 80% of the time, that means the laws are clearly prejudice against men (reverse discrimination).

And many children are are raped and killed by their mother's "boyfriend".

My ex daughter in law has had eight "boyfriends" since her divorce from my son. (eight years)

My son has had two fiances....of which my ex daughter in law has stalked and called both of them.

The first one became frightened and moved.

The second one stood up to my ex daughter in law, and my grand daughter actually loves my son's fiance' more than her own mother.

Again, we all come to the table with our own unique set of experiences.

Maybe you married a drunken brute..............my son was not.

Do not generalize and judge everyone the same way.

I have gone six months without seeing my grand daughter.....................her maternal grandmother that is still alive wants nothing to do with her because she sees her daughter has turned out exactly like her ex husband.

As a last piece of information: Legally the child(ren) are usually in Illinois considered property (like a TV or sofa) of the mother.............not beings with feelings.

My grand daughter has asked repeatedly to speak with the judge, to no avail............the court does not recognize her as a human being and worthy to talk to until she reaches 12.

At her last birthday, she said, "Well two more years and I can tell the judge all the stuff my mother has pulled, two more years and counting".

No, we have never spoken ill of her mother - this came out of her mouth herself.

It has been my experience that most women are vendictive and spoiled and are using the very system set up to protect women and children before women's liberation......................using their own children as pawns in a mean, vicious game to get back at their ex with no regard for how they are hurting their child(ren) psychologically.

They don't care about their kids, they just want revenge.

Some men would really be better off with blow up dolls or some other inanimate object.
edit on 5-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Jun, 5 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
Well they say love is blind. I have heard of dudes with real size image dolls, but never heard of chicks marrying famous walls or the Eiffel tower, but it does not surprise me. And as we go trough the veils of this dimension/wavelength all kinds of stuff will fall apart and others come to life, and who knows what else. So its a brave new world, and weird to boot.

And me thinks it will just get weirder and weirder as time moves on. I mean I can see that if in the future they made androids or robotic life like dolls that can actually talk and move and such, how people can marry them over real life flesh and blood counter parts.

It's really not that hard to imagine that scenario, especially considering todays relationships and such. Or that in females at least there already starting to go plastic with there implants and fake noses and faces, and other parts and such. # some days when I see some of them that over due it and are really noticeable with there "upgrades" to make them more sexy or whatever, or the things they say and how they are.

I think to myself "well at least there outsides are starting to match there insides, all plastic and fake"
So really in some ways there is not that much of a difference from the dolls or possible future androids/robots, and real life humans even of today.

But walls or other intimate objects? Nah not really, thats just weird, I mean I appreciate some inanimate objects and I would say maybe love in some ways, but not that kind of love. More like the kind were you are obsessed with a model of car, or some technology, or crafted item that is really cool, or game, but I wouldn't call that love just appreciation or obsession, but definitely not love. But to each his own. After all love is blind, or in the eye of the beholder.

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by LargeFries

Umm. Not sure if you noticed yet or not, but you have some "woman issues" you might want to talk to someone about before the whole relationship thing.

And they already have very lifelike sex dolls for men who just dont want to deal with the unpleasant reality of a live, thinking, feeling, human who has failings, bad days, etc.

Woman issues, no. Life experience, plenty. Dated many wonderful women in my youth. Very happily married 18+ years, and we lived together for 5 yrs after dating. Maybe it is not I who does not know of what they speak.

Thank you, I'm aware there are very high quality sex substitute dolls. Your reading comprehension failed while missing the key word "affordable".

Perhaps when you've earned some life experience you will more well understand what I know. Believe me, one meets a lot of people and hears/reads many stories over the years. Thank you for writing.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join