It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Objectum Sexuality: When Relationships With Inanimate Objects Become Intimate

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   
WoW WoW WoW !

'' She is said to have shifted her affections to a nearby garden fence. ''

LOL hahaha

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I really feel like this just takes away from real human love.I do not believe in materialism while I really like computers a lot I could never love a computer. An object is created by man and is not a living breathing organism. I could see someone loving a tree over this because that is a life form. Not that i would want that either. I would not perscute these people like some people do with homosexuality.
I did some research on the subject and many people were abused or neglected as children. They feel like they have lost their connection to humans which is sad because the human connection is the strongest thing that keeps the world going.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
reply to post by LargeFries

Umm. Not sure if you noticed yet or not, but you have some "woman issues" you might want to talk to someone about before the whole relationship thing.

And they already have very lifelike sex dolls for men who just dont want to deal with the unpleasant reality of a live, thinking, feeling, human who has failings, bad days, etc.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

It won't be too long before someone comes along, quotes a verse from the Bible and condemns it as witchcraft.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by JudasIscariot

LOL. I really wish they would lay off homosexuality and come over here. I am sick of reading about how I am wrong for loving an amazing beuatiful living woman. I think this might make me come out because I can say Mom', Dad I think I am in love with my computer.. then I say oh no wait I am a lesbian.
They would be so relieved that I was a lesbian at that point.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

How dare you be so happy and wonderfully in love, it's a 'SIN'... don't you know that?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamseeker
I think it is weird that there is an 18 page debate on whether it is ok to be gay yet little to no debate here.

I also find this very interesting. One of the arguments against gay marriage is 'next they're going to want to marry their car"! as if that's a fate much worse that two people in love making a commitment to one another... And yet, here we have people actually "marrying" their objects and not a peep of objection from the anti-gay crowd.

Is this a sign that people are moving toward acceptance, perhaps?

Nah, I doubt it...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

Wow, I'm 58 and thought I had heard it all............

Now being open minded, this is stretching it a little though for me.

Some Japanese, if memory serves me right believe that inanimate objects also can contain spirit?????

I have a beautiful quartzite deep burgundy when wet purple rock about the size and shape of a human heart (found it up at Devil's Lake, Wisconsin), and my 4 amethyst pieces of jewelry I absolutely love..........also a couple diamond pieces, but while I actually do love these rocks, I don't LOVE THEM, not like I love my husband who is 67 years old today (Yeah he's made it another year!!!!!)

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/25dd525f6721.gif[/atsimg]

Again, who is to say............with my quartzite rock, I actually feel a energy, some kind of something within it I can't explain but this rock actually when I hold it comforts me, it is such a beautiful thing...........again who is to say, maybe with some reincarnations some of us choose an inanimate object, but to me that is stretching it a bit.

At least with these people, they aren't hurting anyone...........to me it is sad that they have fallen in love with something that cannot hug them, hold them or can talk with them, but than again, I feel comfort holding my heart rock.....but if I had to choose between it or even my diamonds & amethysts, my husband would win hands down.

There have been objects I have felt energy come from.........my heart rock is actually one but it's a different energy than a human holds.

Who knows, very strange and wow, at my age I thought I had heard it all. Learn something new everyday.

edit on 3-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   

A star for your post!!!! and may you and your love live happily ever after.

The soul has no gender or color, you and your love are two souls who have found each other and love each other, you are both lucky to have found each other and I hope you have as much happiness as my husband and I have had the 38 years we have known each other (this time around)..........I believe we have known each other before this life time.

I am very very happy because X has turned 67 years old today, usually men do not live long in his family so I feel doubly blessed because I have been able to share another wonderful year with a beautiful person and that is what love is about.

Don't let anyone put you or your love down. My youngest is gay and I pray he finds a sweet gentle loving significant other.

Best of luck to you both and safe journey.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f5b9d224aee5.gif[/atsimg]

edit on 3-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: spelling & grammar

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Start reading the many many many posts from men who aren't allowed to see their children, have to pay 45% of their paycheck to a woman that uses the money for stuff other than the child(ren) etc......don't get me going on this one.

The only good thing to come from my son's marriage was our beautiful, sweet beloved grand daughter............my son's wife is a real piece of work and after seeing the heart ache this one twitch has cause our entire family, I do not blame anyone for falling in love with a doll.

A doll at least won't try to screw you over and take your money and your parent's money and hurt you.

Yes loving an inanimate object is sad in my book, but some people are better off than falling in love with some very devious and mean people that inhabit our planet now days.
edit on 3-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by AnteBellum

This is more that weird and personally I don't think it's normal human behavior.
Then again, alot of things I see these days shouldn't be classified as normal.
But they are.

Where all these thoughts come from in these people is beyond me.
I don't have any feelings of love towards any inanimate objects whatsoever.
I've heard about this before and just stuck it in my 'thats just stupid' file.

Very weird find.

I don't care what anyone says about your post, I agree with it.

The "Princess Effect"...
It is indoctrinated in girls at a young age.
Modern media makes it tens times worse.
Partially because they (media) are just out to make money.
Throughout their lives women are blasted with directions on how to live.
Thankfully, not every woman obeys what they see/read in the media.
Life is not what you read in Cosmo.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Very insightful post about the abuse angle.

Found a couple sites concerning this thread and as I'm always itching to learn new things, even strange things here are the sites I may take a peek at ..................... very strange to me the concept that an inanimate object could possibly hold some form of soul energy.

But than don't forget the Harry Potter films where Dumbledorf splits his soul into different objects for safe keeping.

fma.wikia.com...

japanese-embroidery.blogspot.com...

www.sarudama.com...

I also love trees, and my dog, again not like I LOVE my husband but who is to say, perhaps there is a chance that all of creation, we are all (everything) part of the one some call god.

When I was young and lived on a farm, we had a grove of huge and I mean huge oak trees, while standing within this grove you could actually "feel" like you were standing among some type of energy force some would almost call having a "soul energy".

Now quantum physics wise everything is the same except the molecules are simply arranged differently so perchance and I say this being very open minded, perchance maybe there might be some type of energy to inanimate objects............but for me on a sexual level, well I really really hope my husband out lives me because once you are use to Filet mignon it's impossible to go back to hamburger..........sorry only comparison I could come up with this early in the day..

At Devils Lake in Wisconsin, there are billions of big deep red, in the rain they turn purple quartize rocks that actually give off some kind of high energy vibe????? Really can't explain it and really the first time I stood upon some of these boulders, the experience just totally really surprised me (and no I did not have a glass of wine or smoke anything)...........so again, who is to really know?

I also love rocks, and yes some rocks, my big crystal that is orthohombic shaped also emits a type of energy - again, while this is a very strange subject to me, who is to know?

But sexual love for a inanimate object
to me and I don't mean any disrespect to anyone out there that has this type of love, is very very strange indeed.

Many people do not believe animals have souls, well I for one know that I have lived with some animals, many that had more soul than some humans I have met, but there are all kinds of "love". The french have (can't remember exact number) but a whole lot of words for "love" something like over sixty.

Always keep an open mind, you never know........wow this is a really strange thread.
Should get an award for being one of the strangest threads.

edit on 3-6-2011 by ofhumandescent because: grammar

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Sadly, I have to agree with you.
The reason it's sad is due to how many girls I know like this.

You keep doing what you feel is right!
And I too wonder why the religious. . . 'group' hasn't come yet, bible in hand and scripture a blazin'!

reply to post by ofhumandescent

You are also right about the way some modern women are.
Men usually get the shaft when it comes to kids in the usa.

Thanx everyone for the interesting comments.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Yes, that is true. In Japanese religion (Shintoism) They believe in Animism (The belief that everything is a living thing or has a spirit). I also agree with this. I also believe that everything has a spirit. If you rub your hand slowly against a wall you can feel the arousing sensation and if you keep your hand their you can feel the exchange of energy between you and the wall. You will share your heat with the wall. I think that it is beautiful that people can tune into the spirits of things and fall in love with them.

EDIT:

Responses to some things I've heard on this topic while reading through:

"This isn't a sexuality, it's just a mental illness and I feel sorry for them!"

- Back then, people were saying the same thing about gay people.

"This is just a fetish"

- No it isn't. A fetish is something used to make the sexual experience even better. Objectosexuals actually have sex with AND fall in love with objects, they don't imagine that it's a boy/girl."

"Only woman do this, and they probably do this because they are hurt or can't find a man."

- Not really. The guy in the video I posted, in love with the bridge is one example. And they do it because it's what they love, not because they are desperate. The guy in the video I posted, he actually had a girlfriend but he didn't love her as much as the wall so they broke up. Some people think gay guys are gay because they can't find a woman.

"I just can't understand it!"

- And most straight people can't understand gay people, but it's about accepting that it's so and allowing people to be individuals.
edit on 3-6-2011 by arpgme because: responses

edit on 3-6-2011 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

It occurs in some interpretations of Hinduism as well. We believe that everything has a part of "God" and to be honest, that's in some parts of Buddhism as well, therefore it's not in the case of people "falling in love with an object" but more of respecting it.

People marrying a rollercoaster or something like that indicates to me, a slight psychotic behaviour.

I'm a woman, and I couldn't give a thing about soaps

But then again, that's what makes me slightly weird.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BlackPoison94
reply to post by arpgme

It occurs in some interpretations of Hinduism as well. We believe that everything has a part of "God" and to be honest, that's in some parts of Buddhism as well, therefore it's not in the case of people "falling in love with an object" but more of respecting it.

People marrying a rollercoaster or something like that indicates to me, a slight psychotic behaviour.

Many people have a different idea of what is "psychotic", to me and many others this is perfectly normal.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Ah true. I wouldn't say this isn't "normal"...I think it's normal in today's society, yes....and the term, 'normal' is very subjective...it's warped to today's society's context.

I did like your views on this to be honest:

Responses to some things I've heard on this topic while reading through:

"This isn't a sexuality, it's just a mental illness and I feel sorry for them!"

- Back then, people were saying the same thing about gay people.

"This is just a fetish"

- No it isn't. A fetish is something used to make the sexual experience even better. Objectosexuals actually have sex with AND fall in love with objects, they don't imagine that it's a boy/girl."

"Only woman do this, and they probably do this because they are hurt or can't find a man."

- Not really. The guy in the video I posted, in love with the bridge is one example. And they do it because it's what they love, not because they are desperate. The guy in the video I posted, he actually had a girlfriend but he didn't love her as much as the wall so they broke up. Some people think gay guys are gay because they can't find a woman.

"I just can't understand it!"

- And most straight people can't understand gay people, but it's about accepting that it's so and allowing people to be individuals.

But the fact is I don't understand how you can 'be in love' with an object rather than 'love' the object. Would the person feel the same feelings if that relationship would be broken?
edit on 4-6-2011 by BlackPoison94 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
I remember first hearing about this a couple years ago when a lady married the Eiffel Tower.

It seems that people with this disorder have a problem with real intimacy out of fear of getting hurt. It is quite an interesting disorder. I guess they feel they are safe with these objects, they can't leave them, cheat on them, hurt them and so on.

Here is a thread I did on the Eiffel Tower lady...wonder what she thinks of my love for the tower and my tattoo of it

Woman Marries The Eiffel Tower

Crazy thing is she was an Olympic medalist with her last "love" her bow and arrow, she name Beau.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver

It seems that people with this disorder have a problem with real intimacy out of fear of getting hurt. It is quite an interesting disorder. I guess they feel they are safe with these objects, they can't leave them, cheat on them, hurt them and so on.

Again, it is your opinion that this is a disorder and it is an assumption that they have a problem with intimacy and getting hurt. It is also your opinion that this isn't "real" since there are many people around the world who DO believe that everything is a living thing (animism).

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

I believe in animism to an extent...but not such that I will 'fall in love' with it...I believe it's a part of God.

Neither do I think it's a disorder but, in some respects looking at it, I do agree with Mblah about the idea about fear. But that can apply to anything anyway e.g. some people become sluts out of fear of being hurt by a past experience.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join