It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broken Promises Tornado Victim Blasts Obama by outlivesheep

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
So what else is new? Just more broken promises to give to the people, I hope they don't forget when it comes to election time.

www.video.me...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
I hate to say this but the American Dream is a broken promise in itself. Politicans no longer care about broken promises since people tend to move on quickly to the next great story of the week.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
It's got to the point that there are so many broken promises that we can't seem to keep up with it. And so the issues become so huge and confusion so large that no one knows where to begin to start cleaning up the mess. Could this just be another part of the plan to bring down what's left of the system.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Most politicians understand human psychology and behavior very well, and they use that to their advantage. Of course not everyone thinks the same way, and are aware of these occurrences of manipulation, but the majority of citizens blindly follow the fuzzy bunny on the end of the string. (Reference to my cat.)

They study things like body language for instance, subtle cues that a person subconsciously picks up on...Tone of voice, pitch, etc, can make a politician seem more trusting. I bet someone who is really great at all of this could tell a blatant lie right to the face of the public and get away with it...Oh wait, I think its been done.

The topic of this thread is simply an example of political maneuvering tactics, as posted above...It's all about the image.

I mean it really is sickening, and the more people that wake up the better off we will be in the long run. I have been having a lot of revolutionary thoughts as of late, and even though I know my rights, I am semi-afraid to type up my views and make them available publicly for fear of reprisal from the government.

People should not have to be afraid of their governments, but governments should be afraid of the people they represent. But when they use psychological mind tricks, among other tactics, it becomes very easy to control the masses. I could rant all day on this particular subject...I don't know if anything useful would come out of it, but that is how strongly I feel on the topic.
edit on 6/2/11 by JiggyPotamus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

A star for your comments. Many people feel as you do and many also do speak out.
We live in very different times where it is very easy to spy on someone with the technology that exist today and what's to come for tomorrow.

I'm afraid that the changes coming are inevitable, the evil is so strong at present.

top topics

join