It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More job seekers give up, reducing unemployment

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Well this is hilarious when the manufactured unemployment rate is not going according to the globalists plan, what does the mainstream news outlets do? Spin and Lie about it.

Job Seekers give up Reducing Unemployment?

The labor force — those who have a job or are looking for one — is getting smaller, even though the economy is growing and steadily adding jobs

Nobody is sure why it's happening. Economists think some of the missing workers have retired, have entered college or are getting by on government disability checks. Others have probably just given up looking for work.

The mainstream and the paid Economists aren't sure why its happening? you can bet they already know why its happening but they wont tell the reality to the public, so now the paid economists spin and lie about the numbers, just like in 2008.

Nobody is sure why it's happening. Economists think some of the missing workers have retired, have entered college or are getting by on government disability checks. Others have probably just given up looking for work.

This quoted line really tells you the mainstream news lives in a illusion.

Well ATS this article proves it you cant trust the mainstream news for any source of real information, supposedly these 42 economists aren't going to tell you the reality, dont worry they dont have to because they already know.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

A similar phenomena is happening with crime across the nation. Crime is dropping nearly across the board. This puzzles many criminologists. I can only say what I see happening in my neighborhood. Yes people are going back to college, using loans, grants, public assistance to get by. A majority of those I know are combining incomes and housing. Some are moving in with parents, friends, relatives, etc. When this happens people realize that they live a far better life with combined incomes then they did before. Imagine owning a house and you start having problems making your mortgage. Then along comes some relative with just enough to contribute half your monthly mortgage. All of a sudden you go from almost broke, to doing better then you have for years. People in other countries live this way sharing their family wealth, grand parents watching children, sharing meals, etc. It is a natural progression for people to come together in times of need to survive.

Supporting evidence of this can be found by looking at home and apartment vacancies. Millions of homes have been foreclosed on, and you would expect that apartments would be filled to the maximum. But they are not. People are simply moving in with each other.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
It is extremely bad for the job seeker. I will give you some example of jobs I applied for or wanted to apply for:
This is not quoted or paraphrased but just my summary of the jobs I Have seen.
Job 1 example
Job title: Youth Care Leader
Education level: Some college to 2 year degree with concentration in psychology,sociology or a related feild.
Skills
must haves)- The ablity to lead youth, You must have worked with youth in some capacity, general people skills.
Must pocess CPR certification and a chauffers license. We will not train or pay for either. This is a contract as needed job starting in July.

As you can see a lot of people would be qualfied but then you add in the last sentences that ruin the job. There is no guarntee of hours and if you pay $100-$200 for both chauffers license there is no guarntee you will have any hours.

Job 2 example:
Job title: Mental Health Technican
Education Level BS in psychology or related feild.
Skills
must haves) Experience working in a mental health job espically in a crisis, CPR and First aid training recquired(must pay for own training which is a week or so.)
Hours: 12 hours 2 days per week; if you can not work 12 hours then do not apply
Pay: $7.50-$10 per hour no benefits
This is just a insulting job offer to someone who is in deep debt due to college loans. I went to interveiw for this job and there are NO breaks. You must eat before you come and you are only allowed short 5 minute bathroom breaks as needed. What ruins this again is the upfront costs for the training. I don't have that kind of money or I wouldn't need a better job!
Non psychology job examples:
Job 1 Example;
Job tite: Customer Service Billing Agent
Education level: High school
Skills: 5 years of customer service, 2 that are related to billing for medical companies, phone experience, type 35 wpm,
Hours: Overnight,part time
Perferences: Spanish Speaking canidates will be given perference
Training is unpaid over a 3 week period.
Pay: $7.25-$8
As you can see this job is very specfic if you dont meet all qualifcations then you will not get a call back. I tried to apply for a similair postition a year a go yet did not get a call back due to the fact I had NO experience with billing fror medical companies.(yet they can outsource this type of job?)
MY point is the job choices are so specfic and not only that just to apply you are put through a battery of tests. For most customer service positions I had to take a math test and answer 2 or 3 questionnares. There are many jobs that recquire you to pay something upfront to get a certian certification or training. It becomes a pain looking for jobs. It used to be easy you went in applied, talked to manager and many times you were hired. Now it is a nightmare. This is why so many people have given up.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Simple fact of the matter: The US Government has NO WAY of possibly knowing the number of people "looking for work" .. It's a logical fallacy that without a means of registering for a service to seek work, the Government cannot possibly know you're looking.

The number is fictitious.. it's a guesstimation based on a formula that "if X number of people loose their jobs during this month, for this many months X number will look while progressively Y number drop off"

It's called a "Birth/death model" and is in no way a scientific method of knowing .. anything. Only a hunch.

Job losses themselves are only calculated once a year through tax receipts, and usually takes a few months to compile after that.. typically we see yearly revisions 2 quarters after they are determined. Monthly job loss/gains are monitored by payroll services, they do not count small businesses that don't use the services or self employed.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

I worked at a place last year that downsized a good chunk of their staff.. they posted new job openings last month so I went to talk to them. They dropped the wage from $12 to minimum wage an almost $4 drop for the same job. I asked why, it's ridiculous, I was practically belligerent and the secretary said simply.... because people will work for it. Not me.. the cost of gas for the 30 miles drive and the cost of parking ($12 a day) meant I'd be working to drive.

Other people want ridiculous amounts of certifications and experience for entry level positions for pathetic wages.. it's irritating.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

wages have fallen. I see job postings for jobs that paid a lot more hour now offfering a little over minuim wage, They are taking advantage of people's desperation.

new topics

top topics

join