It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Off duty cop breaks into home because he smelled cigarette smoke

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
What the hell...

Family claims off-duty officer chased teen into home

An off-duty Houston police officer is the subject of an internal investigation after a family claims he broke into their home while chasing down a teenager. The family says it happened Friday in a neighborhood in Kingwood.

Witnesses on Quiet Glade Court tell us they watched that barefoot off-duty officer chase the boy down the street. Now the teen's parents are demanding some answers, and action.

The glass on the front door is broken, and the people living here say you can still see an off-duty officer's trail of blood around their home.

Drunk cop, off duty, going nuts... Fire him, get his pension and give it to this family.

The ``best part``...

We've chosen not to identify the officer. But a spokesman from the Houston Police Department confirms internal affairs has launched an investigation.

Yeah because let's shield this thug... and give me a break ``internal investigation``... they never amount to anything.

Yeah he was drunk, but come on, people don't do things out of their character when they are drunk... being drunk just brings what's deep in you out there...What I am saying is that the guy is a thug at heart, otherwise he wouldn't have done this.
edit on 2-6-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2011 by SkepticOverlord because: Removed excessive amount of external content -- please only use snippets, not entire portions of off-site content.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
lol "...only wearing a bathing suit"? I think the cop was just desperate to score some weed.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Of course the police department will shield this scumbag. They'll give him a slap on the wrist, and he'll be back out harassing citizens in no time at all. If I were the family, I would be pressing charges for B&E, assault, property damage, and harassment. After all of that, I'd sue the hell out of him personally, and then the police department for hiring such an idiot.

This just makes me sick.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:31 AM
link   
What amazes me the most about this kind of thing... and it happens where I live too, is that people of authority always are given a slap on the hand.

Any political figure or cop etc punishments should be twice the normal citizen. Its' a crime that authority figures are always punished less than the average citizen. Kinda makes me wanna be a cop or run for office

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
"He just kept saying that he was a police officer and he had the right."

just like the TSA and the army mind control at its finest

not the same formula they be hitting us sheeple with but then again they want us dumb and docile the perfect herd ready for the culling

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
*Smashes window* I'm A Cop! It's my right!
*Kicks teen in face* I'm A COP! Do What I SAY!

So, I understand that as long as a cop identifies himself it should create a situation wherein both parties can address a problem with civility.

Without a badge and or ID to show, any man breaking into a house, especially if they're just in a bathing suit and smell like booze should be treated like any other intruder; whether they're shouting "I'm a cop" or "Banana pudding fried brain salad!".

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Could have been worse.

The cop could have just started shooting people like that one did last week.

Cops and alcohol don't mix.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Truthfully, this cop is lucky he didnt end up with some buckshot in his gut.

You bust through my window, break into my house, I'm not giving you time to Identify yourself. As I have said in other threads, you get two warnings, one is me telling you to leave, the other is the racking of my shotty.

An off-duty cop is not a cop.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Wow is that for real?

Its like we're living in wonderland - Everyone is insane - particularly authority figures.

Wheres the Mad Hatter when you need him - Save us!

When you are an off duty cop, are you not considered a citizen like everyone else until you don the uniform?

I say bring back the lashes to control people if they choose to act like animals.

-GM

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by satron

Originally posted by BirdOfillOmen
lol "...only wearing a bathing suit"? I think the cop was just desperate to score some weed.

If marijuana was legal, I wonder how this whole situation would have changed, assuming the guy had a choice between alcohol and marijuana.

Except it wasn't marijuana, it was cigarette.

"He said he smelled cigarette smoke," she explained.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Wrong.

But it doesn't give him rights to make entry without a warrant, (hot pursuit on a felon or exigent circumstance excepted). Cigarette smoke does not qualify.

No info on what caused the chase?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t

Wrong.

But it doesn't give him rights to make entry without a warrant, (hot pursuit on a felon or exigent circumstance excepted). Cigarette smoke does not qualify.

No info on what caused the chase?

I'll say it again. An off duty cop is not a cop. Warrant or no warrant. An off duty cop cannot serve a warrant. An off duty cop, especially one who is drunk, DEFINITELY should not be chasing ANYONE, let alone someone that they did not witness committing a crime.

I dont care what kind of protection cops think they have when they are off duty. They are granted no special rights. This guy would be dead right now, had this been my house.

ETA: I ESPECIALLY will NEVER recognize any special rights of an off-duty cop who does not have police ID on him, such as was the case here. I can run around saying "I'm a cop" all day long. Does that mean everyone should believe me?
edit on 2-6-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2011 by captaintyinknots because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
I am wondering if I interpreted the article correctly. Did the cop begin chasing the boys while in his bathing suit? lulz...If some guy wearing a bathing suit started yelling at me, then began to chase me, I would be thinking something other than, this guy's a police officer. I would be thinking, this psycho is gonna put me in his van and take me somewhere no one would ever find me.

I mean seriously, normal people would be relaxing when off-duty, but this guy is drunk and half naked chasing teenagers and punching glass windows despite the fact that glass > fist...Some of these cops need psychological help, or they need to lay off the steroids.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The whole situation just reeks of Manchurian Candidate...."He just kept saying that he was a police officer and he had the right." ..."He said he smelled cigarette smoke." Obviously cigarette smoke was the subconciously-implanted "prompt".

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by JiggyPotamus

I am wondering if I interpreted the article correctly. Did the cop begin chasing the boys while in his bathing suit? lulz...If some guy wearing a bathing suit started yelling at me, then began to chase me, I would be thinking something other than, this guy's a police officer. I would be thinking, this psycho is gonna put me in his van and take me somewhere no one would ever find me.

Yep... some kind of pedophile (since the cop was chasing a 16 years old)... or kidnapper or just psycho...

I would have been chased by that guy up to my house, I would have shot the bastard if he tried to enter forcibly (which he did), doesn't matter who he says he is... No way I would have believed the guy was a cop.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Your position is duly noted and indicates a distaste for law enforcement. No judgment being passed here, Brother, however:

A licensed peace officer appointed to any recognized agency may make arrests anywhere in the state and has the authority to carry a weapon, whether on duty or not, said Kim Vickers, director of education and credentialing with the commission.

Mansfield Summit Teen Shot By Houston Police Officer

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by capod2t

Your position is duly noted and indicates a distaste for law enforcement. No judgment being passed here, Brother, however:

A licensed peace officer appointed to any recognized agency may make arrests anywhere in the state and has the authority to carry a weapon, whether on duty or not, said Kim Vickers, director of education and credentialing with the commission.

Mansfield Summit Teen Shot By Houston Police Officer

Yeah yeah, the old "you hate cops" deal. Well I dont. I just dont recognize their right to abuse power.

Again, to do this, the cop has to be able to identify himself as a cop. He was carrying neither a gun or a badge, and frankly, had he been injured, I would bet good money his dept would reprimand him. It truly is too bad this man wasnt taught a lesson.

Furthermore, I have the right to carry a firearm, and make a citizens arrest. So again, no special rights for off duty cops. And they CERTAINLY dont have the right to break into a home.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Anytime a drunk person running around the neighborhood in a bathing suit chasing a teenager - well, it's questionable in every way. Especially one repeating he is a cop.

This guy is in trouble and I am not coming to his defense, but merely stating facts. The fact the he is a cop, off-duty or not, makes this even worse for him.

As soon as you consume liquor, you are no longer authorized to act in the scope of your duty.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Vitchilo

we have just as much of a right to do that to him then... lol
they will not disclose identity because we would get jumped by a crazy mob asap on that.

i hope he goes to prison.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join