It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

For those who say Badnarik does not stand a chance

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Here is the results of our poll on who we are voting for

Bush = 36.49%
Kerry = 36.49%
Badnarik= 22.97%
Nader = 2.70%
Other = 1.35%
All else = 0%

It seems that Badnarik is either MUCH more popular than the Democrats or Republicans wont you to think

OR

Maybe there is just a large "lunitic fringe" Here

It seems to me that if those who say "I would vote for Badnarik but he cant win" would vote for him any way then we EASILY have a three way race

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Amuk
It seems that Badnarik is either MUCH more popular than the Democrats or Republicans wont you to think

OR

It seems to me that if those who say "I would vote for Badnarik but he cant win" would vote for him any way then we EASILY have a three way race

Do you really think ATS is representative of the registered voters in this country? First of all, this is a conspiracy website. So yes, there is a large lunatic fringe posting on ATS. Second of all, there are a lot of teenage brats posting here. It wouldn't surprise me if you are one of them. The poll asked that only those old enough to vote participate, but there was no way to enforce that.

In a previous reply to you in another thread, I predicted that Badnarik would get less than 5% of the popular vote. You did not respond. Care to go on record as saying that Badnarik will get more than 5% of the vote? After the election, it will be my pleasure to pull your post out of the archive and remind you of your brilliant prediction.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by donguillermo

Do you really think ATS is representative of the registered voters in this country? First of all, this is a conspiracy website. So yes, there is a large lunatic fringe posting on ATS. Second of all, there are a lot of teenage brats posting here. It wouldn't surprise me if you are one of them.

If you read read his posts rather then picking and choosing what to pick on him for you would find out he is a 50+ year old man who did a hell of a lot more in the war then Kerry did. Kerry doesn't compare to Amuk. Doesn't come close.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by donguillermo
[Do you really think ATS is representative of the registered voters in this country? First of all, this is a conspiracy website. So yes, there is a large lunatic fringe posting on ATS. Second of all, there are a lot of teenage brats posting here. It wouldn't surprise me if you are one of them.

Did I hit a nerve there Hillary?

Its good to know that you consider us all lunitics not just us libertarians

It seems like your answer to anything you dont like is to pout and call names

well go ahead you are the best spokesman the republicans and Libertarians ever had

When you have grown up enough to have a civil debate let me know

[edit on 6-8-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by donguillermo Care to go on record as saying that Badnarik will get more than 5% of the vote? After the election, it will be my pleasure to pull your post out of the archive and remind you of your brilliant prediction.

I'll make a prediction. You won't be around long after the election, you're work will be done. What do you get paid per hour anyway?

[Edited on 5-8-2004 by intrepid]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   
Another question you won't answer? You don't mind quoting me to make a point but you won't answer my questions? I'm not going to let this go this time DG.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Here is the results of our poll on who we are voting for

Bush = 36.49%
Kerry = 36.49%
Badnarik= 22.97%
Nader = 2.70%
Other = 1.35%
All else = 0%

OR

This poll was taken here on ATS right? I wouldn't call it a "lunatic fringe" but this is a consipiracy website, so the majority here do not trust the government, so naturally he would do well here but he's not doing so well in the mainstream polls. Actually, I haven't even seen or heard mention of him. But I'm not taking sides here, I usually don't put stock in polls of any kind, they usually turn out wrong.

[edit on 5-8-2004 by 27jd]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
[
This poll was taken here on ATS right? I wouldn't call it a "lunatic fringe" but this is a consipiracy website, so the majority here do not trust the government, so naturally he would do well here but he's not doing so well in the mainstream polls. Actually I haven't even seen or heard mention of him.

My point was just to state that for no more coverage then he has got, basicaly just word of mouth, he is not doing badly.

And among those that HAVE heard of him and know about the LP stance on the issues he is doing pretty damn good

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Your point is well taken. Again, I'm not taking sides here. But realistically you have to admit he doesn't stand a chance in the real election, but for those who wish to make a statement, hes doing fine.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Your point is well taken. Again, I'm not taking sides here. But realistically you have to admit he doesn't stand a chance in the real election, but for those who wish to make a statement, hes doing fine.

Thats all we CAN do at this moment

Sooner or later we will have to take a stand to rid our country of the wanna be dictators we have in office right now.

If we can only get 5%

Fine

Next year it will be 8%, then 12% then 20% and sooner or latter the rest of the country will wake up to the con that is being laid on them

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:36 PM
link   
Thats my hope as well, but this year Im gonna vote to get Bush out, thats my first priority, I'm not a Kerry pusher, but he's the only one who can get Bush out. Then I'll join your ranks for further change.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Thats my hope as well, but this year Im gonna vote to get Bush out, thats my first priority, I'm not a Kerry pusher, but he's the only one who can get Bush out. Then I'll join your ranks for further change.

I would agree with you but I can not see one bit of real difference between the two of them.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Well, DG I guess I have to do a little assuming here. You've posted in this thread, so you are aware of it. You won't answer my questions so my assumption's either you've forgotten about this thread or you are unwilling to engage me in the Pit. If you post in this thread later I will have to assume it the later.

Seeing as you won't answer my questions, please refrain from quoting me in the future.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   

I would agree with you but I can not see one bit of real difference between the two of them.

The main difference, pandering to the fanatic religious bible-thumpers, Kerry will allow stem cell research to continue, will not reverse Roe vs. Wade, and generally will not pass laws based on biblical nonsense. At least we will be able to move forward in that respect.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:16 PM
link   

[The main difference, pandering to the fanatic religious bible-thumpers, Kerry will allow stem cell research to continue, will not reverse Roe vs. Wade, and generally will not pass laws based on biblical nonsense. At least we will be able to move forward in that respect.

I respect your choice but for me a vote for Kerry is like that Who song, "We wont get fooled again"

"Heres the new boss
Same as the old boss"

I will even admit that Badnarik MIGHT be as big a scumbag as the other two.

But we KNOW they are

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:17 PM
link   
27jd

Check this site out

www.uselectionatlas.org...

They did a mock election this year, and that site is dedicated to nothing but politics. There are thousands of people on that board around the country, it's not a conspiracy site, you can only vote once, they make sure of that, ect...

Badnarik really isn't do all that shabby, even for people at ats...

Democrats Republicans Independents Libertarians Other
Total: 748 Total: 512 Total: 315 Total: 755 Total: 332

Polls usually aren't taken by every single American in America, most of the polls that come on tv and such I have never took part in, especially the gallop polls ect, i've always wanted to know where they get those numbers...

[edit on 5-8-2004 by TrueLies]

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by donguillermo Care to go on record as saying that Badnarik will get more than 5% of the vote? After the election, it will be my pleasure to pull your post out of the archive and remind you of your brilliant prediction.

I'll make a prediction. You won't be around long after the election, you're work will be done. What do you get paid per hour anyway?

[Edited on 5-8-2004 by intrepid]

You made this first post at 3:58 pm PST. Then, at 4:18 pm PST, you posted this

Another question you won't answer? You don't mind quoting me to make a point but you won't answer my questions? I'm not going to let this go this time DG.

Then, at 4:46 pm PST, you posted this

Well, DG I guess I have to do a little assuming here. You've posted in this thread, so you are aware of it. You won't answer my questions so my assumption's either you've forgotten about this thread or you are unwilling to engage me in the Pit. If you post in this thread later I will have to assume it the later.

Seeing as you won't answer my questions, please refrain from quoting me in the future.

So you asked me a question, then, in less than an hour, you twice demanded I answer your question. Let me explain a few things to you.

I do not have to answer any of your questions, or the questions of anyone else. You have no right to demand that I answer your questions. Do you think I am just sitting at my computer, waiting to see if you ask me a question, so I can immediately answer it? I am following many threads on ATS, and this thread is at the bottom of my priority list. I also visit many other websites besides ATS, and I have a life away from my computer.

It is sometimes two or three days before I get around to answering a post. That is the beauty of a forum. A conversation can continue over many days. Sometimes, when there is no point in answering, I don't bother. Which posts I choose to answer is my business, not yours. You are way out of line to expect or demand that I answer any of your questions.

As far as my quoting you, I will quote you whenever and wherever I please. You cannot dictate to me whether I quote you. I believe you said something to me yesterday about not answering your question, and I said WTF are you talking about? If you responded, I didn't see it.

It is now about an hour and a half since your first post to me in this thread, and I am now responding. It is ridiculous for you to expect me to be any more prompt than that. As far as whether I am willing to engage you in the Mud Pit, you must first present some intellectual content in your post for me to respond to. Your original question and subsequent harassment, because I did not immediately answer, have zero intellectual content, therefore there is nothing to engage.

However, so you will not pester me any more about this matter, I will answer your original question. I am not being paid anything to post on ATS. I have no affiliation with the Kerry-Edwards campaign, the DNC, or any other Democratic political organization. I am a registered Democrat.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:38 PM
link   

[The main difference, pandering to the fanatic religious bible-thumpers, Kerry will allow stem cell research to continue, will not reverse Roe vs. Wade, and generally will not pass laws based on biblical nonsense. At least we will be able to move forward in that respect.

I respect your choice but for me a vote for Kerry is like that Who song, "We wont get fooled again"

"Heres the new boss
Same as the old boss"

I will even admit that Badnarik MIGHT be as big a scumbag as the other two.

But we KNOW they are

Its true they are scumbags, I just don't wanna place my vote in protest, and live under four more years of politics influenced by Jerry Falwell. Like I said, once we get the bible-thumpers out of power, I'm on board to change things further. Then we'll focus on getting Kerry out.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueLies
27jd

Check this site out

www.uselectionatlas.org...

They did a mock election this year, and that site is dedicated to nothing but politics. There are thousands of people on that board around the country, it's not a conspiracy site, you can only vote once, they make sure of that, ect...

Badnarik really isn't do all that shabby, even for people at ats...

Democrats Republicans Independents Libertarians Other
Total: 748 Total: 512 Total: 315 Total: 755 Total: 332

Polls usually aren't taken by every single American in America, most of the polls that come on tv and such I have never took part in, especially the gallop polls ect, i've always wanted to know where they get those numbers...

[edit on 5-8-2004 by TrueLies]

Yeah, polls really don't mean anything, kinda like the weatherman, he's never right.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Yeah, polls really don't mean anything, kinda like the weatherman, he's never right.

If you truly believed that I don't think you would be so biased and think that the lp doesn't have a chance.

Kind of a condradiction don't ya think?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join