It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Depakote for treating headaches in a child???

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Sri Oracle

...and that sounds like exactly the kind of patient whose life will be improved by such a drug.

Thanks for the info... I have a friend with a mother in that state, so I'll ask about what they've tried.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Denco

Depakote? for Migraines? Friend, get a second opinion quick. I must tell you my own experiences with this dangerous drug. My wife has a seizure disorder, and suffers from Bi-Polar disorder. She was prescribed Depakote at age 10. She has two sons, aged 13 and 10. The oldest has at least three mental disorders, including Schizophrenia, Bi-Polar, ADHD, and Post Dramatic Stress disorder. The youngest was born with Spina bifida, and is a Dwarf. He also has Bi-Polar. We are at this point involved in a multi-million dollar lawsuit against the makers of the drug.

For years there has been controversy over Depakote because of its potentially serious side effects. It is known to contribute to liver damage in certain patients with liver problems or in children being treated for seizures. But perhaps the most pervasive, and serious side effect of Depakote is the increased risk for birth defects in children born to women who use the medication during pregnancy.
source

Category One - Less Serious Side Effects Although these side effects are considered "less serious," they are still significant injuries to suffer through no fault of your own. Your child will be forced to deal with these problems throughout his or her life:
Cleft palate
Hand deformations
Pulmonary Stenosis
Heart malformations
Undescended testes

Category Two - The Most Serious Side Effects The second category of side effects includes conditions that are either life-threatening, life-shortening, or both:
Spina Bifida
Serious skeletal defects
Neural tube malformations
Fetal death
Growth retardation
As you see, any of these defects are extremely unfortunate and undeserved.
source

Depakote Warnings and Precautions

Depakote - Warnings & Precautions

Depakote Birth Defects Lawsuits Center

I am not a medical doctor. I am not even a nurse. I am just a man who is raising two boys with developmental problems that will be with them for the rest of their lives. I urge you to do the research on this drug, and take your daughter off it right away. Is was mostly prescribed for seizures and Bi-Polar, not headaches.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join