It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrageous corruption in Quebec!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke

Originally posted by Fox Molder
And all I'm saying is that it's none of the other Provinces fooking business if Quebec spends PROVINCIAL and MUNICIPAL moneys on an arena for an NHL team. NONE of the funding is coming from the FEDERAL bracket.

As for the language thing...Hell I don't care, I'm fluently bilingual, aboriginal Anglophone mother and French Québécois Father....so let's stop talking French vs English, it's completely ridiculous and way off subject.

This is about an NHL team in the City of Quebec, with a population willing to have their municipal taxes raised to fund 50% of the building. The other 50% is from a PRIVATE investor...PRIVATE meaning no PUBLIC money....Well...My cable bill, telephone bill and internet bill might go up by a couple of pennies because they are all owned by Québecor but .....Who cares....Really....What is it to the rest of Canada....It's really none of your business when you think about it!

Wait a cotton-pickin minute here dude. Did you really just type that? 20 words after you said half of it was to be paid by raising taxes you say "no PUBLIC money".... Really?

edit on 3-6-2011 by Fox Molder because: (no reason given)

At a Municipal level and the populations agreement with an already held public referendum, not at a PROVINCIAL LEVEL....Relax and stop reading INTO and extrapolate what you want to understand....
edit on 3-6-2011 by Fox Molder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tiloke

Originally posted by Fox Molder
And all I'm saying is that it's none of the other Provinces fooking business if Quebec spends PROVINCIAL and MUNICIPAL moneys on an arena for an NHL team. NONE of the funding is coming from the FEDERAL bracket.

As for the language thing...Hell I don't care, I'm fluently bilingual, aboriginal Anglophone mother and French Québécois Father....so let's stop talking French vs English, it's completely ridiculous and way off subject.

This is about an NHL team in the City of Quebec, with a population willing to have their municipal taxes raised to fund 50% of the building. The other 50% is from a PRIVATE investor...PRIVATE meaning no PUBLIC money....Well...My cable bill, telephone bill and internet bill might go up by a couple of pennies because they are all owned by Québecor but .....Who cares....Really....What is it to the rest of Canada....It's really none of your business when you think about it!

Wait a cotton-pickin minute here dude. Did you really just type that? 20 words after you said half of it was to be paid by raising taxes you say "no PUBLIC money".... Really?

The taxes would be raised at a MUNICIPAL level with the accordance of the city's population via a held referendum, it passed. So no PROVINCIAL tax raise....Stop extrapolating what you want to understand...It's a given that it the CITY want to INVEST 50% on the funding ( part of witch will come from the INFRASTRUCTURE budget already in place and funded) that some of the money will come from citizen and business tax augmentations. But again...CANADA is not funding any part of this arena.

<< 1   >>

join