It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

World of Warcraft VS Rift.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Now before i say anything if you are a fanboy and will not play anything other than WoW+CoD, i dont want you just pulling up things that older gamers know about such as DAOC had achievements first as an example. BUT ANYWAYS onto the topic, I feel that rift has a better setup, There is no rush to endgame, More ways to get gear and its not annoyingly set up like wows ether you can get a staff and legs from the planar vendor, You can get 2 more pieces from the PvP vendor and then a Helm from the story quest at the end, + the quests from Realm of the Fae, I have played both games i can run around rift and always have something to do that will be more than benifitial to me in wow its more like a 2 hour wait for somthing like that and even then its not 100% good to go everyone wants to do it! ALSO; rift has taken in to account lag...nothing can be 1 hit 1 kill because of lag, someone has a scan pop up or someone call or Anything that may cause lag it will slow them down, FPS and Latency run on each other, The higher the latency the lower the FPS the lower the latency the higher the FPS, they cant take into account everyones effects on there suroundings...i just find rift to be the lead in the next generation of video games.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
First of all, that is a massive run-on that makes the whole thing harder to understand.

Rift is really just a slower paced WoW with a clunkier movement system in my opinion. I love the way they handeled talent trees but other than that there's really not much they've really improved on in my opinion. Not that I'm a big fan of WoW these days either, I can't bring myself to play that anymore either after 4 years with the game.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by warbird03

Rift is really just a slower paced WoW with a clunkier movement system in my opinion.

Hmm, I havn't played Rift yet, and this kind of makes me think twice about doing so anytime soon.

City of Heroes still FTW

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
reply to post by MidnightATL

You could at least give the trial a shot. That's only my opinion, but I'm also pretty burnt out on traditional MMOs at the moment.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Solsthime331

Hmm...my friends and I got tired of WoW and were looking into Rift...I don't think we'll try it though. I've heard more bad about it than good.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Solsthime331

I played WoW for a little over 3 years and it just lost all enjoyability. It was almost an addiction, thank god they noobed the game up so I lost interest,

Haven't tried RIFT, but I don't think I'll try another MMO until Dragonball Online comes out.

(Tried Warhammer, Guild Wars, Star Trek, DC Heroes and none were as good as WoW)

posted on Jun, 25 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I haven't got to try out Rift yet, but I've heard Lots of bad reviews, I just recently started playing WoW a few months ago, and my biggest complaint, is you cant just buy Cata, you have to buy all of them before and WotLK is still 40 dollars. But other than that i like it, but I think I will probably switch to Star Wars:The Old Republic when it comes out.

posted on Nov, 13 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by xXR34P3RXx

Ok, now that rift has had 6 months to get its # together (AND I WILL SAY THIS! wow had # reviews its first 3 months too) NOW they are releasing something wow would call an expantion, for free, they have had more random events and giveaways that support players, There is more you can get, less downtime, you pretty much dont run out of things to do because more is added every 2 weeks - month.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Rift is better than wow imo.

I played wow since the get go, played until toward the end of BC after they took out the BT and Hyjal attunment. It just really pissed me off they ruined all guilds hard work. It wasn't the only time i got slapped in the ass by blizzard, first they took out the old PVP system, which i thought was badass. Instead i then had everyone running around in high warlord gear because they stood in battlegrounds all day.

Well i then decided time to play again, wotlk came out, started again, made a guild with RL friends. It was alright, but the first raid was just a dumbed down nax. I mean seriously wtf. After rapping it, the dragon, and the winter grasp boss so many times on 10 and 25 mans, i said # it. I already had full t7 in a few weeks... (i think it was t7 at that time)

Well that was it for wow, but i randomly wanted to play a mmo maybe a year ago? (can't remember when rift came out now) So i saw Rift, it looked badass. I preordered it and played beta. It was great. Game came out, i played non stop, soon reached max level... but that was it. I just stopped.

Pretty much, Rinw (rift is not wow). It is bassicly everything good in wow and improved, but most importantly its not wow. I think that's what the big selling point is. Don't get me wrong, its a wow clone, but what was great about it is it wasn't wow... if you know what i mean. I was tired of the same old #, and rift was just as much fun as i had with wow, but different. It was pretty slick, but i just couldn't stick with it.

TLDR - Rift is better than WOW

new topics

top topics

join