It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War on drugs a bust: commission

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   

War on drugs a bust: commission

www.cbc.ca

The global war on drugs has failed with devastating consequences for individuals and societies around the world, argues a new report to be released Thursday.
Compiled by the Global Commission on Drug Policy, which includes former heads of state, a former UN secretary-general and a business mogul, the report calls on governments to end the criminalization of marijuana and other controlled substances.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.rawstory.com
www.cbc.ca

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This is similar to the Ontario Superior Court Justice Donald Taliano's decision that "that Canada's medical marijuana program is invalid because regulations made it too difficult for sick Canadians to lawfully acquire the drug." The judge has stricken marijuana from the Controlled Drugs and Substances Act, but offered the government until July 11th to revamp the medicinal marijuana program.
www.rawstory.com...
Though Ottawa is attempting to appeal this decision.
www.cbc.ca...

www.cbc.ca
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Scorpitarius

I just love this video from Dave Chapel that relates to the war on drugs and what a hypocrisy it is. A friend sent this to me years ago and I saved it. Funny as hell! But shines a real light in the severity of the situation and how ridiculous the legal drug industry is and how it actually encourages and perpetuates our DRUG CULTURE! S&F for your thread!

edit on 2-6-2011 by newcovenant because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Victory in the war on drugs declared by the tokers! VD Day celebrated! The winners and always champions, people who decide what to do with their own brains, almost as if they owned them!

I wonder if this decree will fall to the wayside like so many others, or if the sheeple who are elected to write common-sense laws will shield their eyes and point to something meaningless on the horizon yet again.

Nice post, good work.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
What a waste of money. I think most of us knew this already.

It seems like this report was made for the ones who just can't comprehend a plant not being dangerous.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Scorpitarius

What a sad truth.

I have yet to meet someone who will try to take the stance that the war on drugs is successful, but yet I also meet very few people who will vocally disagree with this policy.

Flouride in the water?
Too many SSRI's?
Mass propaganda?

Who knows?
What is evident is the extent to which people in this country will willingly swallow a lie in order to feel comfortable.

Excellent find. S & F.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
In a world seeking to win this war, first step needs to be decriminalization of these substances, regulation and control of these products, funding programs to eliminate addictions to these products from revenue collected from it.

Guess what happens?

Drug gangs/cartels and criminal syndicates die, corrupt government agencies lose that corruption, and within years it becomes a manageable problem.

That will never happen, even for the most minor of these drugs... As long as there are billions to be made, people on all sides of this "war" will fight to keep the status quo, as it is now, it is extremely profitable!

No room for any common sense solutions here.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by newcovenant

This vid is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing, I'll be spreading this one around.
Peace And One Love

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Glad you got this thread off the ground. S & F. Last night I had all the offending words in my headline I was required to use to run in BAN, this time it was the world movers and shakers saying them and not the stoners - these guys can't be ignored, though US drug czar is trying to and already dissembling the issue. I got by with 57 minutes in BAN before being put on the back burner, then 45 minutes here in Alt Subs, where I see you have been moved now, before the whole thread was 404'd.

This is extremely big news and will make a difference in the world in terms of stability and ending violence. If the Powers have any hope of maintaining a global drug policy they will have to concede pot to the people in order to make it manageable. The world would be a better place if they do so but the US will go down fighting to try to avoid that, And the US will go down if they keep ignoring the will of the people.

Meanwhile Latin American countries and other developing nations will receive an economic boon by producing industrial hemp products. The US will fight to remain behind the curve.

BTW this topic is already running here again www.abovetopsecret.com...

edit on 2-6-2011 by Erongaricuaro because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Scorpitarius
reply to post by newcovenant

This vid is amazing. Thank you so much for sharing, I'll be spreading this one around.
Peace And One Love

Hey no problem. It is a great video and even with a little twist in the end when you see who is behind it all.
At least to me that group being the most concerned over peoples legal and illegal drug use came as quite a surprise. When you look at the drug culture and the so called war on drugs this way it is pretty shocking.
People need to open their eyes and wake up. Maybe theres a pill for that.

Peace back at ya. I'll return later to give you a bump and see whats shakin around here.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
add to existing thread here

Closed

top topics

join