It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

E. coli outbreak is a new strain

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

E. coli outbreak is a new strain

www.bbc.co.uk

The World Health Organization says the E. coli outbreak in Germany is a completely new strain of the bacteria.

The infection can cause the deadly complication - haemolytic-uraemic syndrome - affecting the blood and kidneys.

More than 1,500 people have been infected and 17 have died: 16 in Germany and one in Sweden.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I haven't seen much on ATS about this outbreak, which I think is quite suprising, especially since the strain of E.coli is apparently one never before seen.

I'm not usually one to jump on the conspiracy bandwagon, but genetically engineered bio-weapon anyone?

Additionally, it was reported earlier that the outbreak did NOT come from Spanish cucumbers, as previously believed

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:10 AM
link   
Hello, you can find lots of info here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:11 AM
link   
This thing is I believe just the start - hopefully they'll work out what the hell it is otherwise Heaven knows what we're dealing with here. Telegraph UK already reports 7 cases in UK and 1 case Sweden.

Some kind of Biological attack??? I think it's too early to say that yet.

My son lives in Germany and one of the people who died lives not too far from him - this is very worrying and appears to be infecting so many people - 1500 last mention on MS News.

Needs to be kept a close eye on - next thing we know there'll be flight restrictions.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 2-6-2011 by CasiusIgnoranze because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Kiwis warned about Germany - Massey conducting research.

www.stuff.co.nz...

It appears it's all over Germany but more concentrated in the North.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Yeah I heard about this on NPR this morning. W.H.O. reported it was a mutant strain. A combination of two other strains.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Wow is everything that comes out now new and improved? The last bird flu was a new strain or something like that wasn't it?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
How soon before this is reported as a pandemic and some kindly pharma comes to the rescue with 'just the right anti biotic'..... All sniffs a bit poopy to me.. excuse the pun.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
The Daily Mail is saying that it's also being passed from PERSON TO PERSON now that is really scary!

www.dailymail.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:54 AM
link   
Well they only get worse because they get stronger/different from when it is passed around different people. It's like the common cold, this will never be 100% curable due to the way it mutates from each victim

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I'm sure i have read threads on ATS that mention German Pharma creating some other deadly virus...

My Conspiracy senses are tingling...

About time the top levels of this world are scrubbed clean
and all things are run ethically as co-ops, owned and beneficial to the people.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
DNA Sequencing Data Reveals New Hybrid E. coli Strain is Cause of German Outbreak

www.prnewswire.com...

One hour ago!

"The data gathered at Life Technologies' laboratories in Darmstadt, Germany, will be used by scientists at the University Hospital Muenster, to develop better tests to positively identify the illness in people showing symptoms of the infection, which includes kidney failure and bloody diarrhea. For the first time since the outbreak, it is now possible to study in detail the basis for what makes this strain so aggressive.
Life Technologies' Simone Guenther, Ph.D., who carried out the sequencing work, said: "The severity of this outbreak meant that speed was of the essence. We were able to provide the data in record time to University Hospital Muenster. In previous outbreaks it would have taken much longer to reach this stage."
T
edit on 2-6-2011 by Seekeye2 because: Further information to add

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Thanks for the thread OP - I do think this should be flagged so we can report any further spread around the world.

As for the deliberate release of this bacteria - It is early days - I know it is a possible cause but I think at the moment we should be concentrating on protecting ourselves.

For now it's important that we keep well informed.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
These are dark times.. Even if this E.Coli mutation is of natural cause, we're gonna be suspiciously considering it was altered in purpose by those who at the end will profit from it.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Information Video from the BBC Microbiologist warns the situation could worsen.

www.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Seekeye2
Information Video from the BBC Microbiologist warns the situation could worsen.

www.bbc.co.uk...

So again it is the fit and healthy effected and not the sick and elderly....

hmmmm

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I don't trust stories like this especially if they come from the BBC. The BBC is just a propaganda mouthpiece for the New World Order. See this story:

BBC: Mouthpiece For Lies and Liars

And the fact that it is a new strain looks like it was Bioengineered. I wouldn't be surprised. The New World Order run World Health Organisation has probably invented this new strain as part of the Agenda 21 Depopulation program. What better way to affect food to make way for their GMO poison and to spread the infection from person to person for depopulation.

Then of course to spread the rumours like wildfire through the population who in turn will stear way clear of the now infected organic foods. Only, they probably aren't infected. People are just told they are infected.

E-Coli that spreads from person to person? Natural mutation? I don't think so! After their failure with the swine flu those busy little bees have finally come up with a nasty virus.

And the BBC propaganda machine is the way to go to spread fear and panic within the population.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
According to THIS source and from a friend it has strains from the plague bacteria.

A German researcher found that the strain’s DNA contains small sequences from other E. coli strains and from plague bacteria, which may help explain its ferocity—though there’s no way, he emphasizes, that these bacteria could cause any form of plague.

Although the scientist mentions that it is most likely not to cause 'any form of plague' it is still worth keeping in mind i think.

ETA: I also agree with the above post, do NOT trust the BBC!
edit on 2/6/2011 by BarmyBilly because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
They took my neighbor to the hospital by ambulance yesterday.

We live in Western Germany.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join