It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Sony exec spills the beans on fixed Britain's got talent.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
I noticed on BGT last night there was a girl singing, Jessica Hobson i think, and she did a really bad version of that terrible 'If you like then why don't you put a ring on it tune'. Simon Cowell totally slated her choice of tune and the was she ws dressed. She said 'I didn't pick the tune it was somebody....' then burst into tears. It was pretty obvious she was TOLD what tune to sing and TOLD what to wear by HIS production company. She looked so pissed off. No wonder, what a fix.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
I think you guys forget one thing: this is a business designed to be profitable.

The sad truth is that not all talented people and groups are marketable, just as the inverse is also true. The show is not held to standards like CNN and the like, hence why it is classified as entertainment.

Also, so the show "pushes" people to vote for whom they want to win. So what? Nobody is in your house holding a gun to your head insisting you vote for one or another.

People need to separate reality from entertainment. Separate a business from public service. Know the difference between marketing and publicity versus morality.

Simon Cowell never claimed to be a nice guy.
He never claimed to not have an interest in the show's outcome.
Further, he never claimed it had to fair for any and all involved.

Rather, he claimed to have a ratings model for a show and the recipe to create a star. I believe his bank account will show he certainly knows how to turn a profit. Which, as a businessman, is generally the goal.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies so far.

You guys have already nailed it on the head. It's exploitation and manipulation of easily swayed people. The whole thing has no substance in music, and the producers and publishers are soaking up the profits from a greedy, manipulative and sterile business venture. Not only is it affecting those who do wish to make something of themselves, but they are single handedly diluting an already troubled industry, by preventing anyone else from reaching the top spot, by literally flooding the charts with garbage and then dropping in psychological hints and clever media manipulation and allowing humility and sympathy to cast the deciding vote.

Sadly, Cowell is smug enough to keep doing this, although I genuinely cannot think of anything that he's been responsible for that I could ever class as musical, he's nothing more than a manipulative leech.

<< 1   >>

join