It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Sony exec spills the beans on fixed Britain's got talent.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
justpaste.it...

I don't watch the show, but my interests are in the music industry. This article reveals a lot of damning information on how corrupt the mainstream side of the industry actually is and how executives are lying and manipulating facts and figures.

I know this isn't the typical conspiracy of which we tend to get involved in, but I think this information should be spread far and wide in the hopes of showing the executives that we are sick of the patronising, manipulative and fixed BS that prevails in the mainstream.

The ability to manipulate viewers opinion is vital if you are to control telephone voting and indeed get the required result. SYCO see this as essential to the success of the show and are very open about fact; planning and delivering live shows of quality is impossible if it was purely left to the public vote. As Simon said in a meeting once. "The public NEED to be told who to vote for." Everything on BGT is geared towards telling you who you should for, particularly on the production side. It's an art really, which Simon has honed to perfection and SYCO are now world leaders at.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:27 AM
link   
Wait, are you telling me television is not real? How could I be so stupid

But seriously, the part about how they have to tell people what to vote for, as if that isn't training for politics.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I read it, and bizarrely, I dont feel too surprised. BGT and Xfactor are suffering falling audiences. Its all laid on to ensure Simon gets who he wants. He knows ffrom day 1 who he wants to win. He is such a powerful entity, that he usually gets what he wants, I am sure.

Stories came out from Xfactor 2010 with Katy being brought out of a recording contract by Simon Cowell before the auditions.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
If Ronan wins i will believe this article but until then i remain skeptical.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
This happens on many levels of our lives... That why people end up with the same stupid views..

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Genuine whistleblowers are vital to society. It's how the walls of corruption get torn down.

I'm very, very grateful to this whistleblower, and if he/shehappens to read this, I want to say a huge and deeply sincere thank you.

Is it a surprise to me that the programme is corrupt and the public is being duped? No.

What IS a very pleasant surprise is that someone in the MSM has spoken out and exposed it. We need more, so much more of this kind of courage and integrity.

Corruption in the X Factor may not be the smoking gun which brings down the murderous oligarchs, but every single exposure of the corruption helps, especially with regard to the MSM.

The MSM is a huge culprit in propagating the murderous lies of TBTB, and the MSM hypocrisy and lies get very little exposure, so I say hat's off, a hundred thank yous and namaste to this whistleblower,
edit on 2-6-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2011 by wcitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Ok, if people hadn't realized that from the get go then I gave them way too much credit. Common, you must of known that you opignion was being manipulated. Just take the sob stories for instance. If those with the sob stories didn't have the sob stories then they would even get through the first rounds. They usualy don't have personality but do have a little bit of talent have. So they use the sobs to get the votes. Or, butt ugly but sing awesomely well. So now you have the ugly duckling factor. That is why I only watched the first season then all I watch were the auditions. It's a friggin' joke.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I'm quite sure some of us saw this manipulation from the beginning, not just BGT, but all those dross talent shows before it. Trouble is will the masses care? I doubt they will.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
reply to post by Suspiria

That is exactly the point. The type of people that watch and spend money to vote on these shows deserve to be conned in my opinion. It's a BS show that is so obviously scripted it makes me sick. Having said that I think Cowell is a prick for exploiting the brainwashed public.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
i wondered how long this would take.... "Removed due to a claim from Simco Limited ("Syco") and Sony Music Entertainment UK Limited ("Sony")."

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Here's an alternative source that SYCO haven't yet got hold of - it's currently working if anyone wants a peek:

BRITAIN'S GOT TALENT and the RONAN PARKE CONNECTION

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
Simon Cowell is the antichrist.
(im only half joking).

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by lizziejayne
Here's an alternative source that SYCO haven't yet got hold of - it's currently working if anyone wants a peek:

BRITAIN'S GOT TALENT and the RONAN PARKE CONNECTION

Any chance you could summerise it, id love to read it, but gotta go to bed soon.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:11 PM
link   
This is true. I know one of the groups that are on this years show, they got through to the semi finals. You didn't see any of their original performance and in the semi finals they were buzzed for no reason, you saw no back story and only glimpses off them throughout the show. Obviously the producers didn't want them through. They were amazingly talented. Sadly didn't get though.

Shows like this are so frustrating they are just mind numbingly predicatble television programs for the people still asleep.

And I'd love to slap Simon Cowell.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by thedoctorswife

Essentially, the "whistleblower" suggests that Simon's had Ronan under contract for a number of years and has been priming him for competition - selecting this year as "his year".

They also reckon SYCO have utilised Ronan's perceived effeminate nature to their own ends, electing to "camp him up" as it's something new and relatively unexplored.

I think that's it in a nutshell - only read it once and very quickly at that.

Undecided on it's authenticity. None of it would surprise me if it was true - but then the cynic in me is thinking competition propaganda or Simon's usual controversy-to-provoke-higher-ratings.

edit on 2/6/11 by lizziejayne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Doesn't surprise me at all. Like Suspiria said, from the very first series of X Factor and other shows like it you could always tell who they wanted to win from the beginning and so far it's all came true.

I'm also now wondering if Simon Cowell allowed Rage Against The Machine to grab the Christmas Number 1 spot because of the outpouring of scorn and boredom at X Factor at the time so he chose his bland winner to sing a bland song, let the public think we'd won then the next year X Factor get the position again with a cover of a song and no chance of people buying an alternative because "hey, we did it last year, why bother again? We sent a message".

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by lizziejayne

Essentially, the "whistleblower" suggests that Simon's had Ronan under contract for a number of years and has been priming him for competition - selecting this year as "his year".

They also reckon SYCO have utilised Ronan's perceived effeminate nature to their own ends, electing to "camp him up" as it's something new and relatively unexplored.

I think that's it in a nutshell - only read it once and very quickly at that.

Undecided on it's authenticity. None of it would surprise me if it was true - but then the cynic in me is thinking competition propaganda or Simon's usual controversy-to-provoke-higher-ratings.

edit on 2/6/11 by lizziejayne because: (no reason given)

Thankyou for the summary, i can totally see where this is going. Simon Cowell definetly knows what makes money, and as i said it to my kids when this boy (ronan) came on, this lad looks like justin bieber. I would not be in the slightest bit suprised if simon cowell has been priming him for years, HOWEVER, what is going to happen when this lads voice breaks? Simons thrown off contestants before now because of that very issue.
Dont get me wrong, I know BGT is mindless crap, but sometimes i like simple amusement, and that scottish guy who got through tonight had an absolutely beautiful voice, however the other semi finalist... well what the hell happened there. I totally prefered the gay ballad nursery rhyme singer, ( god help anyone whose not british in understanding this). And ive probably proved to all its detractors that BGT is absolute poo)
edit on 2-6-2011 by thedoctorswife because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

It's in the contracts for American Idol that the producers have the final say-so in who wins the show. I would give links for this, but it was from years ago. Not hard to believe anyway, as some have said.

It's a show. The producers paid to make it. It stands to reason that should they want to, they could make it a better show. They're right to make changes as they see fit. With so much money on the line, they'd better be. Imagine if the ones with the most votes always went forward. The show would become predictable, and people would get bored.

Thing is that people watch it to be entertained. That is the bottom line. It's a story unfolding before their eyes. It isn't an authentic contest.

And don't tell me, guys, that if you paid to produce the show that you wouldn't want control over how the show unfolded so that it would ensure the future success of the show and increase profits. It's a business!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Yes, you can see pound signs in simon cowells eyes when he sees a good act. He is all powerfull it seems
He overuled the descision of three judges tonight and decided to get a voted off act back.
I was really only half joking in my earlier post when i said simon cowell is the antichrist, a man like him is superbly powerfull to the ordinary people, people in the UK absolutley adore this show, this man has great power. The goggle box rules.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   

You're not wrong there, especially the love the UK has for a talentless mime artist who only gets ahead because she's a little nice (conveniently forgetting the former Ms Tweedy assaulted a black woman in a racist attack in a nightclub years ago).

That's why I try to avoid shows like this and most tv/music/radio/newspapers because my tastes in music and television don't fit in with the rest of the nation.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join