It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A passenger from Airbus A320 films an approaching Mirage 2000 jetfighter that checks it out.new link

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Could the Pilot of the AirBus have requested a visual on the landing gear?? was the airbus approaching a landing, faulty gear light or something?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BobAthome

It looked like they were 30 to 35,000 feet so I don't think they'd be dropping gear at that alttitude or that speed. Could be dangerous.
edit on 2-6-2011 by Bearack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeekendWarrior
Very nice film. I would be little scared of whats going on if Mirage comes this close..
Also a good example of what contrail looks like

The Mirage is not that close. The camera was zoomed closer to the jet.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Bearack

ok, makes sense,,,

that Nozzle in front of the Mirage,, does it/can it,,, scan for,,,"particles",, lets say ,,,from the Airbus?

Curious,,, didn't know French TopGunners were allowed,, such,, freedom to roam the skys,,

edit on 2-6-2011 by BobAthome because: or has court marshal allready begun ,,hope not

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
wow! that would have been very cool to see!
Thanks for the video!
I probably would have been worried for a minute.. lol
but chances are they knew it was coming, and were probably not surprised or caught off guard.
Still very exciting though!
Props to the guy behind the camera!

I had to save this one to my hdd it's soo cool. lol
Thanks again!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
awesome video and it kinda scares me that they would spray chemtrails so close to the camera like that... maybe thats why its blocked in my country? hmmmmm...

haha jokin about the chemtrail thing. it was an awesome video and thanks spacevisitor for the link!
edit on 2-6-2011 by strafgod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Awesome video. I am not sure why the entire video was blocked but I think it was because of the song that was used as that is a King of Leon song. But from what I have seen usually the audio is just ripped off and the video is left. Very interesting acts by YT on this one.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I always wanted to fly fighter jets, even before they let women do it! Seeing that jet gliding through the skies was just beautiful, and the song wasn't half bad either! Thanks for the link. Its good to see that everything on that flight checked out okay, and everyone landed safely. These days, we can't be too careful, and there are so many lives at stake of something fouls up! I'm sorry for those who haven't been able to see the vid, there's nothing on there that would be of safety concerns, that I can tell. Again, dynamite link, thanks!!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by DB340

still too close imo

edit on 2-6-2011 by icepack because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Nice video. Would have loved to be on that flight!
Looked a bit close though

Just looked like a visual inspection. And I think that the idea that it wasn't ordered as stated before is a bit off the mark.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Thanks for the link anybody else notice the CHEMTRAIL from the Mirage?

/Sarcasm

ETA somebody already beat me to it.

edit on 2-6-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Great video and perfect music.

If that had happened to me and I glanced out to see a Mirage swinging around towards the plane I was on I would have had a heart attack.

The only thing going through my mind whilst looking at that thing coming alongside nearly was OMG that is there to shoot you down if there is the possibility of the plane being flown into somewhere like the 9/11 scenario. Would anyone else have thought the same?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
wow great video.

but! whas he going to shoot it down?
why buzz the plaine?
I would poop my self.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by WordPlayJAy

Yeah and how does a curved window make that geometric pattern? I'd like to see that recreated in the lab.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 02:26 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

You are beyond hopeless. How in the WORLD can you POSSIBLY think that a military aircraft can just screw around in European Airspace with a commercial airliner and NOT know how to behave? He only looks close because he zooms in. When he zooms out, he's at a perfectly safe distance to visually identify the aircraft tail reg.

If you want more details to confirm your complete non-understanding, the original poster stated that the aircraft was banking left (albeit stupidly because he said a lot of people were looking to the left!!!!!???
) In fact, once an aircraft has been intercepted, he is to establish a gentle bank to the left (another reason the interceptor was to the left and approach from the rear-left as can be seen).

At the end, he performs a textbook 90 degree climing turn to the left away from the flight path of the inteceptee.

They will have communicated via emergency frequency (if possible, and most likely so since he broke away) of 121.5Hz and a special transponder code will have been tuned in (7600). Also, his TCAS would have been set to TA (Traffic Advisory) so as to not set of alarms and evasive maneouvre guidance on the PFD (primary flight display) along with audible alerts (DESCEND DESCEND) etc...

It was indeed unusual but perfectly textbook and you can see this the interceptors primary task of 'do not maneouvre in a way which will scare passengers and crew' was indeed achieved (considering nobody was screaming they will die in a fireball). I would be quite sure that the photographs were taken for memories, yes, but also to calm the passengers into thinking it was a mid-air photoshoot.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join