It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A passenger from Airbus A320 films an approaching Mirage 2000 jetfighter that checks it out.new link

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:19 AM
link   
A passenger from Airbus A320 films an approaching Mirage 2000 jetfighter that checks it out.

A passenger on board of an Airbus A320 of Vueling made on 27 May some really extraordinary images from out his passenger seat.
During the flight from Malaga to Amsterdam, a Mirage 2000 jetfighter flew toward the Airbus for control. You can see how the Mirage approach on the Airbus in a long curve and then flies next to it for some minutes with the same speed.
You can even see that the pilot made pictures with his both hands free from the control stick.
It appeared that the crew of the Airbus did had communication problems which could be solved pretty fast. It is rule that Jetfighters are sent to passengers airplanes when they do not make contact with airfields anymore.

Made by Thijs van Soest − 02/06/11, 09:43

Here is another link.

www.liveleak.com...

edit on 2/6/11 by spacevisitor because: Made some corrections and did some adding

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
WOW! BS i cant watch it the link said it was blocked in my country!!! WTF!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by spacevisitor

Us civilians aren't authorized to see the complexity of inner-flight waves

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
blocked on mine aswell (uk)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
Message on youtube link:
"This message contains content from SME, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds"

I don't know who SME is..

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
thank you for the video - snf!

Great great moment! thanks!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:27 AM
link   
Now I'm angry. Stupid copyright laws. The Mirage is one of my favorite planes of all time.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Here is a new link.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:34 AM
link   
Amazing vid. I want that job. Soaring through the skies snapping pictures of planes.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by spacevisitor
Here is a new link.

www.liveleak.com...

Cooool!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Would you mind copying the video and sending me the .avi or .mpeg file? I run a server and will stream it with a generic player. Thanks much!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
i wonder what the pilot was doing. impressing people ? to check out that civil flight he never had to come that close. a bit irresponsible imo. and the music, thats the way you do it ????

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
Thanks for new link. I kinda LOL'd a little after 2:00 because you can clearly see the pilot taking pictures of the Airbus. Also, I don't know about the Airline, but whenever I fly I always use American Airlines and if you plus your headphones into the jack in the arm rest they have a channel where you can listen in on all cockpit chatter.

Probably up on his facebook to impress his girlfriend.

Just saying...
edit on 2-6-2011 by NewWorldDisorder because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by NewWorldDisorder

Would you mind copying the video and sending me the .avi or .mpeg file? I run a server and will stream it with a generic player. Thanks much!

Sorry, I am not able to copy that video, but here is another linkt to it, perhaps that helps.

www.liveleak.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Very cool indeed.

I suppose it beats train spotting.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by icepack
i wonder what the pilot was doing. impressing people ? to check out that civil flight he never had to come that close. a bit irresponsible imo. and the music, thats the way you do it ????

I think the music was added later. But if there was a communications problem, of course visual contact is in order. In fact, visual confirmation that everything is ok is in order if there is some sort of irregularity anyway. He wasn't all that close and it's not like the airliner was on a radical path. Ever see one of those jet fighters do a midair refueling?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
It's like a Killer Whale approaching a sailboat...

edit on 2-6-2011 by AboveTheTrees because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:03 AM
link   
LiveLeak Works

Took some time to track it down. Enjoy, its so Cool !

The pilot is taking photos of the plane. also.
edit on 2-6-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by icepack

Do you honestly think that a military jet would be deployed 'for a laugh' to intercept a commercial jet 'to show off' without there being any negotiations between the commercial crew?

Irresponsible? Seriously, I know one has to qute rightly show a little decorum on this site, but your comment really is completely ridiculous.

As has been mentioned, there was most likely a communication issue/tech fault. Do you know about something called TCAS? Traffic Collision Avoidance System. It would have gone crazy if that jet just flew up to them without reason.

Please, don't be so rash with regards aviation procedures, it doesn't give you a good image.

Apologies again for post, but necessary.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:09 AM
link   
reply to post by DB340

i doubt the fighter pilot even had a an order to check. why taking a picture ?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join