It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC News: Tornadoes Caused by Military? Recent Events Fuel Conspiracy Theories

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+48 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Not saying I agree the gov did this, but ABC quick comes to explain to "normal people" that this is just conspiracy theory. And calls of "radical sites" (ATS?) where the people are free to discuss these kinds of subjects. It's official now. We are crazy. The mainstream media says so. Plus promoting a book.

Oh my! I sure you will remember to put your tinfoil hat to watch the video
:

It's an astonishing claim: The tornado that ravaged Joplin, Mo., last Sunday, killing at least 125 people, was not a random act of nature but the result of an obscure military-backed research program in Alaska that shoots radio waves into the upper atmosphere.

Here's another one: The shooting rampage in Tucson last January that killed six people and wounded 13, including Rep. Gabrielle Giffords, was an elaborate government hoax that used actors to portray the victims.

And there is this: Osama bin Laden is still alive, and the raid in which daring Navy SEALs shot him dead on April 29 was fabricated to improve President Obama's chances of winning re-election.

These are three of the bogus new conspiracy theories flying across the Internet, advanced by believers who insist the evidence to support them could not be any clearer.

"Don't know about the rest of you, but I'm telling everyone I know and don't know (sales clerks, bank tellers, waiters, etc.) about the weather manipulation," a YouTube poster named "thegreenieye" wrote, responding to a video that claims last month's devastating tornado in Tuscaloosa, Ala., also was caused by the atmospheric research in Alaska.

ABCnews

These conspiracy theorists use too believe the earth was round, crazy, crazy people and HAARP does not exist at all

edit on 2-6-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Thanks for sharing RUSSO.

Definitely seems that things are being ramped up regarding conspiracy theorists (what a lump term).

Divide and conquer ... Information warfare.

I think at some point all of our heads begin to spin and I don't like it.

SnF

-AS-
edit on 2-6-2011 by AeonStorm because: snf

+42 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:03 AM
link   
well... lets see then.

We are on the internet 10 to 12 hours a day, we dont read newspapers, dont watch the news, we're crazy, we only get the news from crazy websites... BUT we're extremely well educated.

Thats cool... well... I'm a history major myself and pretty much yes, I believe and now I have the ground proof that I'm extremely more well educated than you, mr idiot reporter who wrote a book about nothing he knows about and goes on about making a buck at the expense of the "crazy people" he talked and the forums and blogs he visited for free.

Plus I resented the fact that someone could actually be happy to "get attention" when Mr Ignorant Reporter said he was from the media... oh that makes me happy, because damn I need your attention, because you sir, represent the media and all that I aim for in my crappy life of a crazy person, crying for attention on the internet for 10 to 12 hours a day...

Now a word to the mods... if I could violate the T&C for a sec, I wouldnt have written this much.

Illusions of grandeur mr reporter... how can you keep a straight face?

I should write a book about the sad reporters who try desperately to make a buck out of anything that seems worthy just to see if they can abandon their sorry ass lives and be projected to stardom...

Idiot...

EDIT: oh star and flag Russo... thanks for sharing.
edit on 2-6-2011 by FraternitasSaturni because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:10 AM
link   
I could warn everyone I know and don't know about Eye-floaters being just Government Nano-tech Devices to Control Our Brains (DECOB)... But with no facts to support such claim I'd be exposing myself to be called "conspiracy theorist" to say the least. Or lunatic, in a bad day.

+29 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Note the use of the word 'radical'. It's not coincidentail. Not only does it subliminally suggest very negative attributes, but it's laying down the ground for a crackdown. '

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

If you want to try to evaluate messages like this, you have to first decide what effect they are trying to create and who is behind it. I usually don't try to do this, because I don't know any reliable source for the true data about how messages on the media are manipulated.

But here's a little scenario based on a book I just read that gives you an idea of how kooky it COULD be:

Say you are working on a project to protect earth from hostile off-planet forces. Your project is secret - very high security - for at least two reasons. First, you don't want to scare the public about hostile aliens because that could cause a panic and mass hysteria. Second, the hostile aliens have agents on earth who are very good at infiltrating such projects. Proposed handling: Any time a researcher (usually perfectly well-meaning) gets too close to exposing some activity connected to the project, have someone from the CIA approach him with some "juicy" disinformation related to what he is working on. Then after he publishes, have another guy from the CIA (or somewhere) leak a scathing debunk of the disinfo that was planted on the first guy to a second researcher who is considered a rival. Then that researcher publishes, and the first researcher loses his credibility. And you just keep playing these various information outlets against each other so that no one ever gets it right. As a result, the enemy remains hopelessly misinformed as well (you hope.)

It could be this bad.

Whatever is really going on, if we are not getting the truth it must be because those who have the truth consider it a life-and-death matter that what they know not become widely known. They could be justified in that opinion. Or they could be a bunch of fruitcakes. The basic dynamic would work the same way.

If you think that something like this is going on on this planet, then "normal" information channels are not going to be that reliable. Even photos and videos can be faked. That leaves the people who have observed the various phenomena under discussion as your best source of data. Those are the ones I look for and the ones I value the most. Some researchers are very good and stick mostly to eyewitness accounts for their material. But the ones with "sources" are suspect.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

It's obvious that many world governments and powers WILL target all alternative media more and more..

They have controlled the MSM for so long and now see their control of information slipping away from them more every day..

Hilary Clinton recently admitted to this problem, as she interprets it..

Personally I call it enlightenment..

Oh and BTW, this dumb ass reporter probably just increased the membership of ATS and like sites..
Keep up the good work is what I'd say to the ignorant fool.

S&F...

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:17 AM
link   
"Radicalized websites"? Is that the new term now being pushed on the public that will have us all thought of as terrorists? All I hear is "radical this, radical that", and now people who don't get their information from the MSM websites, but rather these "fringe" websites, are radicals?

+8 more 
posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by trollz
"Radicalized websites"? Is that the new term now being pushed on the public that will have us all thought of as terrorists? All I hear is "radical this, radical that", and now people who don't get their information from the MSM websites, but rather these "fringe" websites, are radicals?

What do you expect when they also call you a radical if you have a bumper sticker that says

.................... '" I support the Constitution" .....................

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
reply to post by RUSSO

Note the use of the word 'radical'. It's not coincidentail. Not only does it subliminally suggest very negative attributes, but it's laying down the ground for a crackdown. '

Yeh, Someday, maybe, they will call us as radical as the radical terrorists of the Middle East.
sfy

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

Originally posted by trollz

What do you expect when they also call you a radical if you have a bumper sticker that says

.................... '" I support the Constitution" .....................

And we are the nuts. Well, if we are the nuts, what we can say about the rest? Blind sheeple?
(sfy) means Star for you backinblac, because I liked what you wrote in your posts

edit on 2-6-2011 by RUSSO because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
reply to post by RUSSO

Excuse my ignorance mate but what does "sfy" mean??

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:33 AM
link   
Just the media doing the usual, taking the most outlandish of conspiracy theories and then tarring every CTer with the same brush, hoping that by doing so the mere mention of conspiracy in a social setting will bring embarrassment and instantly nullify any intelligent debate on the subject...making the public think that the galactic federation of light believers and all the crap that goes with it are in the same basket as those who delve into the conspiracies and links regarding the central banks, International monetary fund, bank for international settlements etc etc
edit on 2-6-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:39 AM
link   
And so, it begins.
files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanishr

That's a good observation; I noticed in the video how the guy said many of these conspiracy theorists are people you'd think of as intelligent, such as professors. That card sure looks like it's portraying a professor to me with his suit and pull-down screen.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by trollz

You'd be surprised how accurate the cards are...

Plenty of people dismiss them as 'just a game' or basically as Bulls****, Regardless of your opinion it doesnt change the fact that these cards were created in 1995, Prior to any events they are depicting.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
Ahh how cute. Well isn't that adorable. After interviewing so many educated people we went and wrote a kiddies book.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
reply to post by RUSSO

Bright side, the early camp entrants, will get the best bunks, know the lay of the land and get to observe the guards and spot their foibles and weaknesses/tastes for later exploitation.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:40 AM
link   
It is only a mtter of time before sites like this and its loyal contributors will be accused of treason.

There is a lot of liberty taken in posting on this site encluding defamation of character, if, push came to shove TPTB will have little difficulty in shutting this site down and prosecuting members.

Need to be well and truly out of site before this process starts, which looking at this article could very well be the ramp up to a higher lever mainstream awareness of Conspiracy Theorists.

Time will tell...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
So basically, what he's saying, is HAARP did it.
This video is interesting, most of the action is happening in Alaska. Its mr. the governor.

www.youtube.com...

although everything is odd in 2011.
Severe winter + spring rainfall + soo many factors worldwide makes it hard to blame on only 5 or 6 facilities in the world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join