It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tupac hackers to Sony: 'Beginning of the end'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
Full story HERE

A group that made headlines for hacking the PBS Web site earlier this week is apparently turning its attention to Sony. The group known as LulzSec has been promising Sony attacks since this past weekend when it posted to its Twitter account that it is engaged in an operation it calls "Sownage," shorthand for Sony Ownage. The group stated at the time that it was working on hatching a plan that would be the "beginning of the end" for Sony. It has yet to reveal what it has planned. But yesterday the group said that the attack was already under way, seemingly without Sony's knowledge. "Hey @Sony, you know we're making off with a bunch of your internal stuff right now and you haven't even noticed?" LulzSec tweeted. "Slow and steady, guys." Read more: news.cnet.com...

I'm sure everyone has heard about the hackers that attacked the PBS and posted up the fake Tupac story. Now it appears that they are going after Sony as well! Are these people part of, or connected to Anon? I know Anon apparently called off attacks on Sony, perhaps this new "group" is a way to attack Sony without being connected with Anon?

What's the deal with Sony anyway? Is there a reason all these hacker groups are going after them?
edit on 2-6-2011 by James1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
Sony have sold their integrity. They used to be a reliable, trusted brand, but in recent years they changed. Their product quality and customer support took a nosedive, they are obsessed with money. Look at the way they handled the recent PSN problems for example. There is probably a lot more going on too. They deserve everything they get.
edit on 2-6-2011 by Firefly_ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

All multi billion $ corporate entities deserve this to happen to them, especially those that do not pay taxes, yet they soak up money from the citizens.

They will reap what they sow soon.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   
I have no idea why Sony is getting hit like this.

It does seem that Japan is getting hit pretty hard since the Toyota recalls, earthquakes etc...

It's like someone is trying to bring them down financially...

Weird...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanishr

Honestly I don't feel bad for these large corporations, but I am still curious as to why Sony gets singled out. There are many more large corporations out there that are just as bad, if not worse, than Sony. It just seems odd that these attacks seem concentrated on them.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Yes,because Sony is one of the biggest Companys in Japan. If they go down,the Market there will be hit,very,very hard (which seems to be the Goal of those Attacks,in my Opinion)
edit on 2-6-2011 by Shenon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Why Sony?
Microsoft is evenly evil, or more.

The whole hacking thing is a nonsense to me.
Honest people always end up paying for better security or for the financial lost.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:02 AM
link   
Why don't they hit Nasa and get some valuable information...

I always get upset when i read about useless hacks.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:13 AM
link   
I really do love Anonymous...

But they've got bigger fish to fry, huh guys? Why don't they take out Exxon or something and expose their massive corruption.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by eagleeye2

Microsoft is American.

If Microsoft went down, it wouldn't hurt Japan as much as if its own company goes down.

The NWO wants Japan to go down.

And yes HARRP caused the earthquakes too.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:16 AM
link   
One group can attack another group and blame it on those crazy hackers.. no sense in trying to figure out how they think, they're just a bunch of crazy kids after all and nobody understands kids these days. Who knows, maybe it has something to do with the Japanese princess and the stuff she was saying with Benjamin Fulford. Anyone see those interviews?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by ZackMorris

nah i didnt, can you post it ?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:35 AM
link   
reply to post by James1982

woah woah woah... fake Tupac story? I'm pretty sure he's still alive.. He's in Cuba though..

and I hope they don't take away my free online gaming platform. I cannot got without it again for so long. Ah whatever... though I'll say 3-1 they get caught.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:18 AM
link   
Hello, these hackers are not annonymous, they are clearly part of the global elite. Everyone keeps asking why Sony, they're not half as evil as Microsoft. Duh, because it's probably microsoft doing this.

PBS. Sony.

Do either of these two organizations scream 'evil' to you? Heck no, that means these hackers are probably not the good folk at annonymous (although they'll most likely try to smear that name).

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   
Sony is being targeted by Microsoft, they want total supremacy over the market.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:28 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Unrelated but also ties in with Sony and the music industry.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
This is why sony have been singled out...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/22e452f03958.jpg[/atsimg]

edit on 2-6-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   
the group we once knew as anonymous, the scientology ones, those guys no longer exist, internal divisions led to strife, plus it was never an official group to begin with, just a random number of individuals that liked the same things, there were many anonymous groups, devoted to various things.

but ever since i heard the anonymous name in the msm over that whole weakleaks drama

anonymous is no more, the image and memes remain, pretty much any organization or individuals who want to cause drama now or just some lulz can take upon the anonymous name and image.

rip to the true anonymous anonymous

the new anonymous seem to be causing nothing but nuisance, in such a timing and a way that seems to me they are being groomed to be the new al-qaeda, the new boogeyman, because the war on terror is gonna go into the digital land. anonymous are gonna be the suposed enemies of the system, and the best part of the original concept of anonymous is that when this happens pretty much anyone can be acused of belonging to them.

these bogus attacks are just made to piss of the fools, i mean costumers from these big companies, so that when people get pissed enough of anonymous, here comes the cyber police in white shining armour coming to save the day, wipe the trolls and make the people happy.

what people wont realize is that will imply further restrictions and the imminent and much debated takeover of the internet

i no longer trust anything under the anonymous name, they are no longer a group by the people and for the people, some can say they never were, but then again not even much lulz they provide these days.

all i see is psy ops, scare tactics, fearmongering and alot of bait&switch.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

Short term memory for most folks? I'm surprised it took so many posts for you to show up... On a related note:

Corporate Taxes Too High? Not for These 12 Big Firms

www.cnbc.com...

With the Obama administration drafting a corporate tax reform plan, the report found that General Electric [GE 19.13 ], American Electric Power [AEP 38.02 --- UNCH ], DuPont [DD 51.57 ] and nine other companies had a negative 1.5 percent tax rate on $171 billion in profits over the three years studied. "Not a single one of these companies paid anything close to the 35 percent statutory tax rate," said the report from Citizens for Tax Justice, a left-leaning group based in Washington that promised more details later this year.

Companies singled out in Citizens for Tax Justice's newest report also included Verizon Communications [VZ 36.27 ], Boeing [BA 75.35 ], Wells Fargo [WFC 26.94 ], FedEx [FDX 91.43 --- UNCH ] and Exxon Mobil [XOM 82.03 ]. 'Tip of Iceberg' "These 12 companies are just the tip of the iceberg of widespread corporate tax avoidance," said Bob McIntyre, director of Citizens for Tax Justice, which is working on a broader report covering the Fortune 500 companies.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   
I think anonymous are great. We need someone to do something and instead of waiting for someone else to do there are people that have got together and done it.Lets shake up the system a little, these corporations need showing that they don't run the world.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join