It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doomsday believer donates entire inheritance to Family Radio

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 02:56 AM
link   
Story
When the world didn't end on May 21, many people who had given up their earthly possessions were left with nothing.

But one believer never lived to see the day. She left nearly her entire estate -- around $300,000 -- to the group behind the failed prediction, leaving some family members out in the cold.

Eileen Heuwetter was shocked to find out that her aunt left the majority of her estate to Family Radio, the group responsible for the doomsday warnings that the world would end on May 21. She and her sister were each left $25,000 from their aunt's estate. The rest is going to Family Radio.

The network of Christian radio stations based in Oakland, Ca., is almost entirely funded by donations. According to IRS filings, the group brought in $18 million in contributions in 2009 alone.

Stuff like this makes me sick, people like camping bilking millions from the masses. I hope he gets his one day
edit on 6/2/2011 by HomerinNC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   
I take it Eileen is dead,with bitter relatives who only showed some interest in her at the end .Maybe her only joy in life was listening to family radio .I dont know ,i could be completely wrong.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:11 AM
link   
"Who's the bigger fool? The fool, or the fool who follows him?"

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:22 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Dear HomerinNC

Some old fool left another old fool a lot of cash, what is the problem.

I watched one on this guys videos and anyone who would do more than laugh deserves to lose all they have.

People have been listening to these veiredos since Adam was a lad.

You would think we would have grown up well ok we have not so what.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
This wouldn't hold up in court if the family members took it there. The judge would see clearly that this wasn't a sound decision and would probably leave something or another to the family while a huge portion would go to the state.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
Depending on the way she died and her mental stay when she passed, this doesn't seem completely legal. It really depends on that and also WHEN she signed the will over to them.

oh and the family member kept saying she didnt have alot of cash, but 300k is a #ing ton of cash if you ask me.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Is the lady not afforded the right to do with her money as she saw fit? If her relatives were more important to her than a radio show perhaps they would have received the bulk-share and the radio station 25K? Personally, I would not have listened to or donated to a radio show/personality that was proved to be a false prophet in 1994. But, on the other hand, this lady earned her money, she should be allowed to leave it to whomever she decided was worthy of it.

Pretty sad that her relatives didn't give enough of a damn about her for her to view them as worth of the majority of it.

new topics

top topics

join