It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night Photography

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
As most of you know, my hobby is that of photography. I've always loved taking photos of the stillness of the night. I enjoy taking night photos as much as I enjoy taking photos in the daytime. Even though I haven't taken as many night photos as I would like to. I thought that it would be a nice jesture to share some of the photos I have taken at night with you folks.

The fuel pad at Norfolk Southern's Dickinson Yard from Saturday night, tonight, and on a snow covered Christmas Night of 2010.

The snow falling on my street back and at a local park in the early and late parts of Janurary of this year.

The "Super Moon" from earlier this year.

CSX local freight stopped here in town sometime back in March of last year.

Some night photos of the first five inches of snowfall from the Storm of 2009.

Amtrak train #51, the westbound Cardinal, streaking through town on a warm April night in 2009.

A West Virginia hollow on a warm April night in 2009 as well.

I sure have enjoyed doing this and making this thread and I hope that you folks have enjoyed looking at these photos. For there will be more to come in the near and distant future.

edit on 2-6-2011 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Nice shots!

I've been into photography way before digital cameras and night photography has always been my favorite genre. I'd upload some but they're all either watermarked or on my back-up drive. I'll try and remember to upload a few tomorrow.

Hopefully more people will share, I'd love to see more.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
I would love to see some more night photos posted on here than what there already is. There is just something about taking photos at night. Maybe its the quiet or it could be knowing that something you photographed on a particular night may not be there in the future. I am with you there brother. I honestly hope that more people will share what they've gotten.

posted on Aug, 21 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
National Rail Passenger Corporation, AMTRAK, engine ninety two stopped at Charleston, West Virginia.
The moon and the clear skies just added to the affect.

edit on 21-8-2011 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 11 2012 @ 01:37 AM
link   
Nice shot, what kinda digital hd video camera are you using?
edit on 11-5-2012 by ankaka because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 26 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   
It's not a High Definition video camera that I am using to take these night photos.
All it is is a Kodak C195 digital photo camera.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gimmefootball400

Here is one of my favorites. This is the Oregon OH BP Refinery taken one sleepless misty morning.

posted on May, 27 2012 @ 10:53 PM
link   
A pic from Kelso Lake Idaho when I was camping.

Moonrise

posted on May, 29 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Excellent job. Back in the 70's thru 90's, I had my own darkroom and spent lots of time there. I did weddings, and portraits, but hated the business. I love photography, but I hate business. I like the night shots also.

posted on Jul, 8 2012 @ 03:29 AM
link   
these night pics must have been alot of fun to take

posted on Dec, 19 2012 @ 12:15 AM
link   
All is quiet at the Amtrak station in Charleston, West Virginia on a warm August night after the westbound Cardinal departed town under the brightness of a full moon.

It's a quiet Thanksgiving night as fourteen Norfolk Southern locomotives set on and around the fuel pad at Dickinson Yard just outside of Belle, West Virginia. All awaiting their assignments after the Thanksgiving holiday.

edit on 19-12-2012 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-12-2012 by gimmefootball400 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 25 2014 @ 04:09 AM
link   
Bumping the old thread back up to the top.......

Still standing after 50+ years, the signals "CW Cabin" just west of Hinton, WV await the next train to begin its journey through the darkness along the New River Gorge. Reflecting the faint light of a slow moving westbound. The signals at CW Cabin stare into a cool fall night awaiting the next train for them to light the way for.

posted on Oct, 11 2014 @ 03:15 PM
link   
a reply to: gimmefootball400

Wow, very nice pictures!

There's just something magical in photos taken at night, the colours, the lights..

I'll be out later tonight trying to get some shots for sure. Actually my avatar is a nightshot from yesterday..with something added later by me..I Want to Believe..

edit on 11-10-2014 by puolikuu because: an is was was..

posted on Oct, 21 2014 @ 05:13 PM
link   
A picture down the street

...and here is the original photo in my avatar.

edit on 21-10-2014 by puolikuu because: added avatar-photo

top topics

join