It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Congressman Anthony Weiner (D, NY) experiences a falling out.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Congressman Anthony Weiner (D, NY) experiences a falling out.

For those of you who are not yet up on the “Weiner scandal”, here it is in a nutshell from Jonah Goldberg on the National Review Online site:

‘Weinergate’

You likely have come to the conclusion this is just another seedy politician caught with his pants down. I agree with that. I also agree with what Jeffrey Kuhner of the Washington Times had to say today while being interviewed by NY radio host Steve Malzberg regarding the timing of this scandal.

I have yet to find that interview transcribed or in audio form. In essence, Kuhner said that Weiner’s Twitter account was hacked and that it was the Democrats that did so. Kuhner thinks that the photo was sent to the young woman by the hacker. Why would the Democrats do this? Kuhner thinks it is due to Weiner not holding the party line on Israel. Weiner has maintained a pro-Israel stance throughout his political life. This is not in synch with what the Obama administration has been selling. The recent meeting/dispute between Obama and Netanyahu likely brought the Weiner difference on this issue to a head.

I think Weiner is a not-so-closet sex freak. You can Google his exploits as a single man for yourself, that is neither here nor there. It only helps explain that why at this time a naked picture, likely of Weiner and his um..... wiener.... exists. He is a relatively young man; he behaved at times scandalously as a single man. Not so surprising. The photo that was sent was likely of him; he has yet to say definitively one way or the other. I think it was out there, he was a known party boy when he was single and the Democratic party makes note of even their own members' (pardon the pun) weaknesses. Why? For just such an instance. An example of the old adage “keep your friends close and your enemies closer”. Despite being a predominantly liberal Democrat, Weiner is considered an Obama enemy due to his pro-Israel stance. Just my opinion. There are a lot of rich Jewish Democratic contributors in New York and the party does not want Weiner spouting off to his Jewish constituents on backing Israel. Unbelievable that Jewish Democrats would not already be sufficiently up at arms but consider they were also mesmerized by the messianic Obama. They pride themselves on their liberalness as much as their Jewishness. Just my opinion. Kuhner went on to say that he thinks Weiner will eventually be forced to resign and that a completely pro-Obama candidate/replacement will be installed in his seat.

From Wiki:

Weiner married Huma Abedin, a longtime personal aide of Hillary Clinton, on July 10, 2010. Former president Bill Clinton officiated the wedding. Weiner proposed to Abedin on May 23, 2009.

Weiner Pushes for Clinton but Equivocates on Superdelegate Vote

Weiner was a Hillary Clinton supporter in her run for the presidency. This too has kept him on the Obama administration radar. Is there any wonder why this college party boy would have had the ultimate party boy, Billy C, officiate his wedding? Birds of a feather.

Here are a couple articles that show how strong Weiner is in his support of Israel:

The following from February 16, 2011

U.S. offered to back U.N. Israel rebuke

The following from June 1, 2010

New liberal fans: Meet Anthony Weiner, ultra-hawkish backer of Israel

I think that Congressman Weiner is finding out just how unliberal his friends in the Democratic party are. I think he knows exactly who is behind this and that is why he has not yet demanded an investigation. He is between a rock and hard place and has backed the Obama administration on 95% of the issues. 95% among these friends is not enough. Just my opinion.

L'chaim!

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
I think Weiner is an opportunist and an alarmist.

He falsely accuses people of things, threatens investigations on nothing, and chides and calls people names without real need.

Whatever happens to him as a result of Weinergate is just karma slapping the dude.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The pic was of his undergarments and part of his anatomy beneath the garment. Still entirely clothed. The young woman was 21, so no legal issue. Yea, its weird to see a politician do this, but check anyones phone on the street. Almost all of them will have some sort of photo like this on there, or on some sort of file somewhere. It's not that big a deal. The only thing remotely odd was the fact that it was through a public channel like twitter. I believe people are blowing it WAYYYY out of proportion

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by chancemusky
I believe people are blowing it WAYYYY out of proportion

I believe that the Democratic party knew that people would do just that. This was political murder.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

didnt think of that, so kind of like a smear move by others?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
I think Weiner is an opportunist and an alarmist.

He falsely accuses people of things, threatens investigations on nothing, and chides and calls people names without real need.

Whatever happens to him as a result of Weinergate is just karma slapping the dude.

Weiner is a liberal rottweiler, no doubt. A college roommate of snarky liberal commenter, John Stewart of "The Daily Show" fame. Or should I say Obama loving, self-hating Jonathan Stuart Leibowitz. Although Weiner's past indiscretions likely allowed this scandal, those indiscretions likely did not instigate it.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by chancemusky

didnt think of that, so kind of like a smear move by others?

Yes, that's it exactly. Obama has publicly "pantsed" other Democrats previously. Former Governor of New York, David Paterson, comes immediately to mind.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

edit on 1-6-2011 by Hemisphere because: Double post

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Honestly, I could care less if the dude wants to take pictures of his crotch.

What I have a problem with is the fact that the media has given his erection more coverage than Congress pulling a bill that would enforce the War Powers Resolution, all because it looked like the House would vote in favor of ending operations.

America, get your priorities straight.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by Konah
Honestly, I could care less if the dude wants to take pictures of his crotch.

What I have a problem with is the fact that the media has given his erection more coverage than Congress pulling a bill that would enforce the War Powers Resolution, all because it looked like the House would vote in favor of ending operations.

America, get your priorities straight.

That's great. I'm sorry you didn't bother to read my thread because it's not about Weiner's sexual exploits. It's about how the Obama administration deals with those that disagree with their agenda.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:34 AM
link   
reply to post by chancemusky

I don't have a picture like that on my phone, nor do my neighbors on either side of me, or across the street from me.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Wasn't Huma mentioned in a tabloid as Hillary's gay lover? Hmmm.......maybe Huma is a cover for her husband, and could care less about his "photography" habits.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by aero56

I don't have a picture like that on my phone, nor do my neighbors on either side of me, or across the street from me.

You never know.

I remember as a kid we (my friends and I) thought it was the funniest thing in the world to take any camera we found and snap a junk close-up and put the camera back.

We'd laugh and laugh about how shocked they'd be when they saw it. Starring at the blurry flesh toned tubular thing studying it trying to make out what it was then upon realization "There's a dick on my film!"

It wasnt until many years later that we started to realize the cascade of trouble such a stupid prank could potentially cause from relationship troubles to criminal charges to ended careers.

It's kind of amazing how thin that thread holding ones life together is and how virtually anything at all could snap it and your whole world can crash down around you for what seems like no reason at all.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   

Wasn't Huma mentioned in a tabloid as Hillary's gay lover? Hmmm.......maybe Huma is a cover for her husband, and could care less about his "photography" habits.

I had not heard that. That's interesting as I inferred that Weiner and Bill Clinton are "birds of a feather". What you brought to the table would back that in many people also consider that Hillary is a lesbian and Bill's political beard. Thus when the Lewisnsky deal first broke Hillary barely blinked, she had been through this before. She might have been embarrassed but if she was just a lesbian lawyer riding Bill's train to the top, she really did not have an emotional interest in their marriage. This would go a long way to explaining why Weiner's wife has not responded to his deal. And so the possibility that Weiner's wife married him for the prestige and such and did not care if he carried on his single sex life. This also goes a long way to explaining why a married congressman had friended so many young women on these social networking sites. We could also take this a step further, I wonder if any of Barry's former girlfriends have come out? I don't recall seeing any women in his college photos. They typically show him and some dude on a seedy couch. Is Michele his "straight" beard?

We live in interesting times.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

You never know.

I remember as a kid we (my friends and I) thought it was the funniest thing in the world to take any camera we found and snap a junk close-up and put the camera back.

We'd laugh and laugh about how shocked they'd be when they saw it. Starring at the blurry flesh toned tubular thing studying it trying to make out what it was then upon realization "There's a dick on my film!"

It wasnt until many years later that we started to realize the cascade of trouble such a stupid prank could potentially cause from relationship troubles to criminal charges to ended careers.

It's kind of amazing how thin that thread holding ones life together is and how virtually anything at all could snap it and your whole world can crash down around you for what seems like no reason at all.

Yeah that's funny but how removed are most grown-ups from these juvenile hijinks? This man is a long way from his college dorm and still this behavior is right at the surface of his life. Like many politicians, I think that Weiner thinks "his" don't stink and that he is above suspicion. Thus his flippant attitude in dealing with this. A grown-up would in the least confess that it was his photo, taken when single, and largely diffuse the situation.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

You never know.

Yeah that's funny but how removed are most grown-ups from these juvenile hijinks? This man is a long way from his college dorm and still this behavior is right at the surface of his life. Like many politicians, I think that Weiner thinks "his" don't stink and that he is above suspicion. Thus his flippant attitude in dealing with this. A grown-up would in the least confess that it was his photo, taken when single, and largely diffuse the situation.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
C'mon folks! This is a conspiracy site right? Despite thread author's not so hidden agenda, this wasn't done by Obama team.

Who benefits from this distraction? Let me give you all a clue: Arnold Schwarzenegger
What a non story, let's get back to the important issue of the day. Palin's "Bus to Nowhere" trip.

/MD
edit on 2-6-2011 by MaskedDebater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Thanks!! Here is one link to the Globe: www.globemagazine.com... and here is an image of the cover.

i32.tinypic.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Hemisphere
That's great. I'm sorry you didn't bother to read my thread because it's not about Weiner's sexual exploits. It's about how the Obama administration deals with those that disagree with their agenda.
And your case is extremely tenuous.

You have suggested this was done to Weiner by the Obama administration because “Weiner is considered an Obama enemy due to his pro-Israel stance.” In support of your claim you have presented the following facts: Weiner married a former aide of Hillary Clinton, and he is pro-Israel. Everything else is opinion and conjecture.

Why would the Obama administration do this in this fashion? Do you have any evidence they have done this to other “Obama enemies” before? Why is it that, apparently, everyone else connected to this event seems to be a conservative? Breitbart and patriotusa76, a self-declared “Conservative Reagan Republican” on twitter.

You haven’t presented any evidence to suggest your theory is plausible.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedDebater
C'mon folks! This is a conspiracy site right? Despite thread author's not so hidden agenda, this wasn't done by Obama team.

Who benefits from this distraction? Let me give you all a clue: Arnold Schwarzenegger
What a non story, let's get back to the important issue of the day. Palin's "Bus to Nowhere" trip.

It takes one "not so hidden agenda" to know one. Who benefits from this distraction? Why Barry of course. How are the jobs numbers looking? Housing values? End of QE2? Oh, you had not noticed. You were too mesmerized by Arnold's schwanz, Palin's "Bust trip" and Weiner's wiener.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join