It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Gay is a Gift from God

page: 36
<< 33  34  35   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Of course in writing this I will inevitably get responses arguing about how immoral and ‘wrong’ this lifestyle is; but I am here to prove that this is a natural and even beautiful facet of life. Humans endure so much suffering, that when two people love each other regardless of gender is should be welcomed and celebrated; not discriminated against based on the morally questionable teachings of any religion.

Section 1: Is it a choice? Or is it by nature?

Many people will argue that homosexuality is a choice, made by the individual in question: who has decided to go against the ‘right’ way of doing things. Sadly there is absolutely no evidence to support that it is a choice other then people saying that it is.
But,
Science has recently had a breakthrough when studying the chromosomes of 76 pairs of gay brothers and their family members. The geneticist Dean Hamer discovered that the X chromosome (which can only be inherited from your mother) in these brothers shared a genetic marker, A patch of DNA called Xq28 or in simple terms “The Gay Gene”

Of course this is the early studies into finding the gay genes and it is not 100% certain but in the words of Dean Hamer himself

"You can never say we're 100 per cent sure but we're twice as sure as before. We are better than 99 per cent sure that it's not a fluke."
--- Dean Hamer

But of course that is not all there is to support a genetic connection; or that it is a natural part of this world. More evidence comes when you examine the lifestyles and sexual practices of animals.

The most well-known homosexual animal is the dwarf chimpanzee; one of humanity's closes relatives. The entire species is bisexual. Sex plays a conspicuous role in all their activities and takes the focus away from violence, which is the most typical method of solving conflicts among primates and many other animals.
Homosexuality is a social phenomenon and is most widespread among animals with a complex herd life
So for example here are other species that practice homosexuality:
-Lions
-Dolphins
-Killer Whales
- Black-Headed Gulls
-Giraffes

"To turn the approach on its head: No species has been found in which homosexual behavior has not been shown to exist, with the exception of species that never have sex at all, such as sea urchins and aphis. Moreover, a part of the animal kingdom is hermaphroditic, truly bisexual. For them, homosexuality is not an issue."
Peter Bockman

Conclusions of this Section: Homosexuality is a natural part of life as supported by scientific evidence.

Section 2: Modern Christian Views of homosexuality and the relevance in society.

To begin I will state that I am atheist, but I do not harbor any resentment or disdain for the individuals who believe in the teachings of the Bible. They like myself have their own beliefs which they are loyal too and invested in; so for this section I will try and make this as friendly as possible while taking an unbiased look at the results of Christianity on the lives of homosexual men and women.

Supporting Scripture: (I’m only picking two, because these two are pretty easy to interpret)
- Leviticus 18: Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination
- Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Thoughts: So yes the bible does preach that Homosexuality is an abomination; however many people who study the bible believe that these scriptures refer to the most common type of homosexual relations were between men and boys. Today though; the vast majority of homosexuals are not pedophiles and only seek to be in a relationship with another consenting legal adult of the same sex.

Which brings us to the issue of gay marriage, which if we followed what our country preaches would be legal.
“We hold these truths to be self evident that all Men are created equal”
-Declaration of independence

Yet we immediately go against that when we pick and choose what rights we allow minorities to have; by American principle everybody should have the right to marry; or no one should. We claim to be the bastion of freedom but in reality we allow hate crimes and discrimination to flourish in this country such as the rules they had against homosexual’s joining the military until recently.

Now one argument that always comes forth from believers is that the constitution guarantee’s us freedom of religion, what they forget though is that it also guarantee’s that non –believers the freedom of religion or more importantly freedom from religion.

Continued on part 2

posted on Mar, 14 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   
So in the simplest possible terms, you can preach all day about how this is a ‘Christian nation’ (which it’s not as the founding fathers were pretty outspoken against religion) and talk about homosexuality is tearing our country apart but the facts are that Intolerance on both sides are what is harming this country; not people expressing the love they have for each other.

My views on Gay Marriage: while I can understand the believer standpoint, I do not support; however I will not insult those that do simply because they have faith in something I do not.

I will though implore them to head their own scripture.

Matthew 7:1-5
“Judge not, that you be not judged. For with the judgment you pronounce you will be judged, and with the measure you use it will be measured to you. Why do you see the speck that is in your brother's eye, but do not notice the log that is in your own eye? Or how can you say to your brother, ‘Let me take the speck out of your eye,’ when there is the log in your own eye? You hypocrite, first take the log out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to take the speck out of your brother's eye.

James 4:12
There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor?

Romans 14:1-13
As for the one who is weak in faith, welcome him, but not to quarrel over opinions. One person believes he may eat anything, while the weak person eats only vegetables. Let not the one who eats despise the one who abstains, and let not the one who abstains pass judgment on the one who eats, for God has welcomed him. Who are you to pass judgment on the servant of another? It is before his own master that he stands or falls. And he will be upheld, for the Lord is able to make him stand. One person esteems one day as better than another, while another esteems all days alike. Each one should be fully convinced in his own mind. ...

So like I said, I do not dislike Christians for their beliefs as I like to think they accept me for mine; because in reality god or not the only thing that will make this world a better place is to become more tolerant of each other and realize that our differences in life are minimal.

Be you atheist, Muslim, Christian, pagan, agnostic, homosexual it does not matter we all want to be loved and accepted for who we are, we all want happiness, we all feel pain, and WE ALL make mistakes.

p.s Let’s keep this civil please 

posted on Mar, 21 2012 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by aero56

True but for the word game. We are not in a game.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
If being gay is a gift from God than it proves predistination doctrine in Ephesians, because he cursed you with homosexuality which means he doesn't want you because he hates homosexuality. As for any church condoning homosexuality, they are fallen into depravity.

1 Corinthians 6:1-11

Dare any of you, having a matter against another, go to law before the unrighteous, and not before the saints? 2 Do you not know that the saints will judge the world? And if the world will be judged by you, are you unworthy to judge the smallest matters? 3 Do you not know that we shall judge angels? How much more, things that pertain to this life? 4 If then you have judgments concerning things pertaining to this life, do you appoint those who are least esteemed by the church to judge? 5 I say this to your shame. Is it so, that there is not a wise man among you, not even one, who will be able to judge between his brethren? 6 But brother goes to law against brother, and that before unbelievers!

7 Now therefore, it is already an utter failure for you that you go to law against one another. Why do you not rather accept wrong? Why do you not rather let yourselves be cheated? 8 No, you yourselves do wrong and cheat, and you do these things to your brethren! 9 Do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived. Neither fornicators, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor homosexuals, nor sodomites, 10 nor thieves, nor covetous, nor drunkards, nor revilers, nor extortioners will inherit the kingdom of God. 11 And such were some of you. But you were washed, but you were sanctified, but you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus and by the Spirit of our God.

The Corinthian christians had a huge problem with sexual immorality, they loved to indulge in orgies, adultery, fornication, homosexuality, beastiality, masturbation, prostitutes etc. and they spread syphilis and other sexually transmitted diseases around by using what they called Corinthian Girls which were just whores.

A homosexual can become a christian if and only if they put that sin away and do it no more. They need to put away their urges to be sexually with another of the same sex and be celibate, or they are not christian period. There is no compromise here between Yahweh and man.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Looking back now, I do think being gay was a big gift from God.

Especially with so many Cult Education and Ministry Watch sites on the Internet, I'm now learning about some of the sects that I almost joined.

The common thing that saved me from all of them was their homophobia, and their bizarre theories on homosexuality.

I'm still alive when these anti-gay religious cults manipulated, hounded to death, cursed, robbed and even murdered so many straight people.

If there is a God - thank you for my gay orientation, and because of it I never ended up following these evil, misogynistic, adulterous, child molesting gurus and preachers, and their ridiculous fairy-tales.

On the other hand, it's always amazing to watch the press on how much homosexual hanky-panky is actually going on in these "anti-gay" groups, so maybe I missed out on some action.
But that's a small price to pay for a good life, and none of these religious gangsters are even remotely good looking if you're not brainwashed.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
Looking back now, I do think being gay was a big gift from God.

Especially with so many Cult Education and Ministry Watch sites on the Internet, I'm now learning about some of the sects that I almost joined.

The common thing that saved me from all of them was their homophobia, and their bizarre theories on homosexuality.

I'm still alive when these anti-gay religious cults manipulated, hounded to death, cursed, robbed and even murdered so many straight people.

If there is a God - thank you for my gay orientation, and because of it I never ended up following these evil, misogynistic, adulterous, child molesting gurus and preachers, and their ridiculous fairy-tales.

On the other hand, it's always amazing to watch the press on how much homosexual hanky-panky is actually going on in these "anti-gay" groups, so maybe I missed out on some action.
But that's a small price to pay for a good life, and none of these religious gangsters are even remotely good looking if you're not brainwashed.

Too bad you have fallen for a false Gospel and will be eternally condemned for rejecting the true Christ.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by PharohGnosis

Luckily I haven't fallen for any "gospel", and it's statements like that which saved me from religion.
Thank you so much for reminding me again.

edit on 23-3-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Luckily I haven't fallen for any "gospel", and it's statements like that saved me from religion.

You aren't saved, you are lost. Why go back into the darkness and lead a life of sin when you can reject all ungodliness and embrace life?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Because my life includes a gay orientation, and some Bronze Age mentalities would murder me for it.

I think the Bible is divinely inspired in parts (it has different contexts), but that is also my private business to resolve, just like divorced and remarried people must resolve their own.

The Bible is not religion for me, and that was a hard yet valuable lesson to learn.

Yet, I cannot help but feel that without being gay, I might have become the most hardcore fanatic out there.
How can you be so sure that a gay orientation wasn't divinely planned for me?
Because some book says all gays eat crap and sleep with tons of partners every week?
Maybe that's not what being gay is about for me.

So now I can say I hurt nobody - how many people were hurt through religions and their leaders?

Every day they hurt and destroy people.

Telling people they are judged and following "false Christs" - that's hurtful and has led to centuries of religious war.
How can you be so sure, because another sect might say that you follow a "false Christ"?
Did Jesus come down personally and show you?

I must not explain myself here, I have done no harm but tell the truth.
Religions abuse people - all of them.

Why do you tell people they are doomed and follow a false Christ?
Does it reinforce your own path?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Because my life includes a gay orientation, and some Bronze Age mentalities would murder me for it.

I think the Bible is divinely inspired in parts (it has different contexts), but that is also my private business to resolve, just like divorced and remarried people must resolve their own.

The Bible is not religion for me, and that was a hard yet valuable lesson to learn.

Yet, I cannot help but feel that without being gay, I might have become the most hardcore fanatic out there.
How can you be so sure that a gay orientation wasn't divinely planned for me?
Because some book says all gays eat crap and sleep with tons of partners every week?
Maybe that's not what being gay is about for me.

So now I can say I hurt nobody - how many people were hurt through religions and their leaders?

Every day they hurt and destroy people.

Telling people they are judged and following "false Christs" - that's hurtful and has led to centuries of religious war.
How can you be so sure, because another sect might say that you follow a "false Christ"?
Did Jesus come down personally and show you?

I must not explain myself here, I have done no harm but tell the truth.
Religions abuse people - all of them.

Why do you tell people they are doomed and follow a false Christ?
Does it reinforce your own path?

God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for homosexuality. Obviously leading a sinful life isn't God's plan for you.

Homosexuality always hurts someone, that includes yourself. Homosexuals have a higher rate of HIV/AIDS, domestic violence, and drug use. It's a dark path to go down.

Here is some resources for you

Testimony of Blogger Rescued From Gay Lifestyle Inspires Others

Exodus International

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:13 PM
link   
OK that's fine.

Just shortly: God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah (?) because of homosexuality?
Where is this verse?
In Sodom we have a gang of rapists, Lot's better half (one would suspect, according to what follows in Genesis 19) being turned into a pillar of salt, and Lot impregnating his daughters.
In Ezekiel 16:48-50 we read that the "daughters of Sodom" (how predictable) were full of idleness, and wealthy, but gave nothing to the poor. They also worshiped idols and were proud.
So scripture gives us some reasons, and it has nothing to do with being gay.
At least Ezekiel assures us it had nothing to do with the men in the first place.

Leading a sinful life is not God's plan for me?
Well, he sure made me a sinner.
Is it just me?

Those quotes you have on homosexuality and HIV and violence may work in your country, but here HIV is largely a disease of heterosexual women (60%), and we have 5 million infected people. Shocking statistics can be applied to many racial minorities in the USA, some like the African American community (about 40% of new HIV infections in the USA) are very religious too. www.cdc.gov...
When it comes to statistics, very religious countries and regions fall short in many moral and economic respects.

Another perspective on the Exodus International saga:
Latest news - the founder admits it does little for 99% of people (except feed them lies and take their cash).
unicornbooty.com...
Exodus background: www.truthwinsout.org...
edit on 24-3-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 12:53 AM
link   
I hope not because God is the source of evil.

Exodus 32:14
And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Judges 9:23
Then God sent an evil spirit

Jeremiah 4:6 Set up the standard toward Zion: retire, stay not: for I will bring evil from the north, and a great destruction.

Jeremiah 6:19 Hear, O earth: behold, I will bring evil upon this people

Jeremiah 11:11 Therefore thus saith the LORD, Behold, I will bring evil upon them

Jeremiah 25:29 For, lo, I begin to bring evil

Jeremiah 35:17 Therefore thus saith the LORD God of hosts, the God of Israel; Behold, I will bring upon Judah and upon all the inhabitants of Jerusalem all the evil that I have pronounced against them:

and many many more.

posted on Mar, 24 2012 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by PharohGnosis
God destroyed Sodom and Gomorrah for homosexuality. Obviously leading a sinful life isn't God's plan for you.

Homosexuality always hurts someone, that includes yourself. Homosexuals have a higher rate of HIV/AIDS, domestic violence, and drug use. It's a dark path to go down.

It's my path though isn't it so stfu.

Edit: As for the drugs, I can only imagine the only reason you might be right is because young gay people try to end their lives or cloud their minds to escape evil people like you. But then you can't prove a thing - even the existence of your hateful demon god.

edit on 24-3-2012 by Garfee because: god is evil

top topics

<< 33  34  35   >>

join