It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Gay is a Gift from God

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Years,decades a go even people thought it was ok to treat african americans differently. Somewhere in the bible,in genesis there is a passage about a curse placed upon someone. Many people belived that curse was a person being black or something to that effect. People ensalved other human beings and even sold them! They used this top of logic to treat them unequally.
In the bible there are passages about women being submissive to men and even not speaking in church. This kept women in secondary roles for a while. Oh and lets not forget about Hitler's ideals on the perfect aryan race. Even though Hitler was Jewish himself. (this just shows his own self haterd and how he tried to kill off that part of himself.)
My point being is there is always different people who are perscuted and whom society; mainly the more religious part tries to villify. Oh lets not forget the witch hunts perpuated by the Christians or the crusuades done in the name of God. I could go on and on through out human history to illustrate human's flawed logic and how they can attempt to justify anything.
I really like the billboard it needed to be said beleive me if the shoe were on the other foot so to speak the hetrosexuals would defend their side. It could have just as easily been the opposite. I believe that humans by nature are bisexual; most are either more inclined to same or opposite sex attractions. I really dont believe sexuality is a choice but you are not born with it either. Sexuality is a natural process that happens in the devoloping human brian. In some cases it can be a choice but this is for someone who just decides to become gay only due to other circumstances.
I am really confused on this post because the poster asked in a very respectful way not to turn this into religous debate. How did it turn into one? I am suprised because I never think of above top secret as religous in nature. I feel most on here lean more towards science or spirituality but then again just because someone claims to be open minded doesn't make that person open minded.
I am gay; sure I could be bisexual by choice but I am rarely attracted to a man. I have been attracted emotionally/mentally to a man(never even once been pyshically attracted to a man.). I have been attracted to females on all levels from the psyhical,emotionally,spiritually and mentally. I believe this is the main difference that makes me more gay than bisexual or straight.
Without the aid of the bible or religion can someone who believes different sexual orientations are wrong explain to me why? (no God made Adam and Eve,blah blah blah). What about people who were born a middle sex or a more nuetral sex or a hermaphdite? If different sexualities are wrong then how you can explain people born without a defined gender or gender that does not match up. Yes there are people who look like female with all the right parts who have male chromosomes.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by confreak
reply to post by tamusan

Whether mental illness is a matter of perception or not, Homosexuals can be regarded as mentally ill. In that case the argument that they are GOD's gift, is not a good one.

Yes, because if there is one thing that you are it's a doctor.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Hillbilly123069

The "word of God" either all stands or it all falls. You can't pick and choose. If you think homosexuality is a sin, then so is eating shellfish, having sex during a woman's period, gossip, and a multitude of other "sins". Ask Naomi and Ruth, and David and Jonathan if they thought gay relationships were a sin then.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Honestly? I think the church is running out of sheep to come offer that weekly tithe. With more and more people opening their eyes instead of putting stock in "The One" god..really?, they now are going to more extreme measures to continue and line the pockets.

Oh and why not accept gays into the congregation? The Catholics have been doing it for years.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
www.cracked.com...

Check out number three. Credited, scientific evidence that there are physical characteristics.

So you say once I made my choice, my hair grew in a different direction, and that my fingers get longer?

Interesting...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I have also heard that the truth never changes and the word of god remains the same. How can this be true beause without change there would be no evolution. We would be stuck in the dark ages livning in caves,wearing robes and stoning our children for being kids.
The bible can't have the same truth through out history because things must change. It is a natural progression of life.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamseeker

I think what bible smackers mean is that the true word of God and not the Bible will always remain the same, nonetheless good post.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Being straight isn't a choice, either. I was born straight. Really straight. I love psay. Can't help it. I am not even 1% gay. Does this mean I received no gifts from God?

Bummer.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by confreak

Anyways, I have yet to see two women reproducing, or two men reproducing. At the end of the day, you can't just use two sperms to reproduce. That puts homosexuality in the mental illness closet, don't you think?

No, it does not. Gays are not sterile, they can reproduce. So again, what is the medically recognized disability gays have that you speak of?

50% higher depression rate, and 200% more likely to commit suicide. Pretending to be happy doesn't count.

That is mostly a consequence of societal pressures against gays, not of being gay itself, so that does no count. With the amount of bigotry still present, I am surprised it is not higher, IMHO.
edit on 2/6/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/6/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

edit on 2/6/11 by Maslo because: addition

edit on 2/6/11 by Maslo because: typo

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

Unless you're gay how would you know if it were a choice or an actual physical and mental attraction? Don't be a know it all and confuse your opinion for fact.

I'm not gay, so how I have no clue how life is through the eyes of someone attracted to their same sex.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Yeah but you are not perscuted because you are a hetrosexual. You don't have to think about ways to hide certian traits that you have. You also don't have to modify your behavior you will not be thrown out of certian places or because you may attacked or killed.
There is a big differnce. The reason this billboard was put up is let people who are gay know they are loved by god. Most gays.transgendered,lesbians and bisexuals are very afriad of church or religion because of perscution. Sure our modern persuction is more civilized,(except for a few unfornature cases.) but it hurts none the less.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey1

Acceptance of gays won't slow population growth. Maybe very very slightly because more people would come out, but I don't think many gay people have children in hetero relationships just because they don't want to come out.

And how would gayness go extinct? Straight people have gay children all the time.

I think everyone is homosexual to a varying extent. Its human nature to be social and be loved. I think its more of a preference and how your personality makes you attracted to different things. Some people wouldn't call themselves gay, but they also wouldn't rule out have a homosexual encounter, or even just a kiss or a small crush on someone of the same sex.

I will say this though, you need to re evaluate your morals if you would rather have abandoned children raised in foster care than with two gay parents.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
I believe being gay isn't a gift from God, it's not a choice and you aren't born gay... I believe people become gay because of the way they grow up, their situation, their upbringing, the people that surround them and their influence on them.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

Homosexuality is a sexual desire. Much like heterosexuality. So that means homosexuality is first and foremost innate. That means it really is not a choice. That is unless you're encouraging the notion that you have the ability to become aroused by people of the same sex as yourself. Which would make you bisexual with the ability to transition between homosexuality and heterosexuality at a whim.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by arbitrarygeneraiist

Agreed. If your sexual urges were a choice I highly doubt we would have as many pedophiles and such. Not to mention the sheer amount of sexual criminals that voluntarily castrate themselves just to stop those urges.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Homosexuality is Darwinism in its purest form. When an individual is attracted to the same sex it is a function of preventing reproduction keeping week/damaged genes from being passed on. So, yes, homosexuality is a gift from God because it protects the species.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by smartbuddy
reply to post by virraszto

Yes it is a sin. No-one is born gay. Being gay is a choice.

The Bible is very clear on this matter both in the Old and New Testament.
When Adam and Eve brought sin into the world everyone has urges that is sinful, that is why if you have a relationship with Jesus Christ, He can help you overcome your sinful urges.

God loves all sinners and wants to save sinners from themselves but its your choice.

Your religion is a puppet religion of the jews. Christianity and catholicism are both tools used in the jewish religious umbrella to further their agenda, which has been totally usurped by zionist kazaars. God didn't chose such an evil people, watch what they do and you'll see there is nothing further from the truth, you are all satan's puppets and I hope you all get judged by your good book for the contributions you have made and are making towards this future hell.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by banandar123

The difference is that children can't consent to sex. Pedophiles might be born with an attraction to children, like any fetish, but pedophilia is obviously wrong because its rape. There's nothing wrong with having a consentual sexual encounter with another adult, of either gender. Its the same thing when idiots say, "if gay marriage is legalized then next people will marry animals." No, because that's animal abuse and animals can't consent to marriage. In fact all the arguments against gay marriage are easily refuted. It all comes down to religious people trying to "save" others, but I think they really just don't want to see gay couples in public and they are filled with hatred toward them. So its really the religious folks who have serious problems.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by banandar123

I dont think the phedo's have a physical attraction to kids...there just insane something is wrong with their brain.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Maslo

"psychological or behavioral pattern generally associated with subjective distress or disability"

Not being able to reproduce is a disability. The "behavioral pattern", which is a man having sex with a man.

What disability does this behavioral patten produce, the behavioral patter of homosexuality? It isn't that complicated.

Regarding depression, once again, a "behavioral pattern" which causes distress. You can argue that it is the public mis-understanding of homosexuality which causes this distress, and I can argue otherwise, I can argue that homosexuality is a pretense game, and that pretense "behavioral pattern" is what causes the distress. In that sense, I'll give you the benefit of the doubt, you can have that one, even though it isn't that hard to contemplate a fake life being depressing.

Strictly for Education Purposes, DON'T TAKE ANYTHING IN TO HEART.
I'm trying to watch a movie, so this will be my last post.

Ta.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join