It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Gay is a Gift from God

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

i dont think so it is a gift from our GOD....they are just special peoples that we need to help them.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
No one is born straight.
they get pressured into it by every one!
just look at the world!

I bet the church trys to turn them straight
when you join.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
If Jesus can accept a prostitute, and lepers, and criminals... why can't we accept an actual homosexual? Let me tell you: your hate and detest for them is much more damaging to you than their lifestyle is to them. This is something I've learned. Jesus told us to love one another, he didn't pick and choose, and neither should we. Now the homosexuals that are extremely intertwined with it to the point of absurdity like their Pride Parade, and flamboyancy (in your face attitude and what not), etc., that's a different story because pride and lack of humility is disastrous.

And don't go quoting Mosaic Law like Leviticus. lol The Hebrew Bible keeps Christians in the dark ages.

As for this billboard, it's stupid, but whatever.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
Being gay is a genetic mutation and illness.FACT..

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by smartbuddy

Yes it is a sin.

if you have a relationship with Jesus Christ, He can help you overcome your sinful urges.

sounds pretty gay to me.

lighten up pal. your god tells you not to judge others as thats his job.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by smartbuddy

The bible was written by man, not God, and is based on their interpretation. The bible also says we are made in his image, so if thats true then God must be straight and gay and transgendered.

What was NOT put into the bibile? We dont know since its under lock and key or has been forgotten by time, or changed from translations over the years.

What gets me is "God" allows free will. Why allow that knowing his "people" might make choices "he" disagrees with?

If God wants perfect people, then he should have removed free will. Anything less than that, he has set people up for failure (to those who chose to beleive the bible is 100% accurate).

What is this belief that there is some conspiracy here with the Bible?
I'm sorry, but if someone believes in God, but doesn't believe the Bible is accurate, they have some serious issues - how can God create a universe but not be able to inspire a few men to write a book exactly they way he wants?

Those last two statements, are you serious? God already had Angels who worshiped him, look how that turned out. Fallen Angels thanks to deception and lies from Satan.

God creates mankind because he -wants- us to -want- to worship Him, otherwise we'd just be robots. Put it this way.. you want someone to love of you their own choice. You don't want, say, a boyfriend/girlfriend you programmed to love you and show affection (maybe some of you do..). No, you want them to choose you over everyone else.

God doesn't want anyone to turn away from him and head towards damnation.. but he won't take away your freedom to make that choice.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 07:19 AM
link   

Uhh these are the guys that had all those rapture sign boards, Don't take any of these sign boards seriously.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

This is as simple as "Do you choose who you fall in love with?" better way to say if your born gay or not...the TRUE AWNSER is no, SCIENCE explains that love is a chemical reponce in the brain when you find someone you are in common with enough that you can spend your life with that person forever and your brain knows it and releases certain chemicals to let you feel the emotion "Love". Many other things do this too, Chocolate causes this chemical reaction in a minor ammount also, Hence why when people gorge on chocolate they are ether sad when they are in a bad mood or sad already or they are jolly i seriously think that you should read a science book or atleast come back to school with my generation and take some science clases because from what i can see alot of christians and Catholics still kibosh science like in the Dark ages.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by AdamsMurmur
If Jesus can accept a prostitute, and lepers, and criminals... why can't we accept an actual homosexual? Let me tell you: your hate and detest for them is much more damaging to you than their lifestyle is to them.

And don't go quoting Mosaic Law like Leviticus. lol The Hebrew Bible keeps Christians in the dark ages.

This is good, Also if you look at history the Romans were Cathlolics not Christians, And they lead sieges against the Hebrew and the jewish along side the Egyptians, Cesar and Cleopatra...Most likely they noticed that roman soliers (Males) would sleep with eachother before battle as a sign of love because they believed that if you loved your fellow soldier and man you would feel more obliged to defend eachother and you would be a stronger army...if i had a main enemy who had that as a belief that it made them stronger i would make it evil in any way to my people so if we do defeat them most of there beliefes are crushed by ours to keep there religions under the table for the future...it did not work though.
edit on 6/2/11 by Solsthime331 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
I'm no believer, but I wouldn't want it any other way..... Nature just has a subtle way of rewarding us I suppose.
Even if human society thinks it otherwise...it's easy for me to realize that it's really their problem and not mine, because it's not as if I'm hurting anyone by being gay.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by laiguana
I'm no believer, but I wouldn't want it any other way..... Nature just has a subtle way of rewarding us I suppose.
Even if human society thinks it otherwise...it's easy for me to realize that it's really their problem and not mine, because it's not as if I'm hurting anyone by being gay.

Star
, Im Bisexual, i would just call myself greedy not a sinner lol.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by banandar123

Interesting. Here's what I have to say.

I'm gay, and yes I was born that way. As far as the pedophilia...Let's see...why don't we ask the Catholic Church if the priests were born that way. I'm sure someone there knows. Of course, they might be too busy trying to get you to pay more attention to us so they can diddle your sons.

Bigots are so stupid.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by starmarine99

i dont think so it is a gift from our GOD....they are just special peoples that we need to help them.

LOL Seriously? Did you really post this?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Is that why priests like touching little boys???

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Maybe the bigots are jealous because we have great sex, awesome parties, beautiful homes, are happy with our true inner selves, love who it is in our hearts to love, and our disposable incomes are bigger.

It's all envy when you look at it this way. I love who I am, and I refuse to let some social moron try to take it away. The world would be a much better place if people worried more about cleaning up their own lives before meddling in the lives of others.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by smartbuddy

Yes it is a sin. No-one is born gay. Being gay is a choice.

The Bible is very clear on this matter both in the Old and New Testament.
When Adam and Eve brought sin into the world everyone has urges that is sinful, that is why if you have a relationship with Jesus Christ, He can help you overcome your sinful urges.

God loves all sinners and wants to save sinners from themselves but its your choice.

I can't believe that I used to think exactly like you do. I sit here and read this and laugh at how ignorant and close minded I used to be. I do not particularly care for homosexuality, in fact in many ways I find it repulsive, at least the act of it. Perhaps it is because I don't understand it, because I'm not gay. The truth is that it doesn't matter what I think about it, or that I don't like it. Freedom and individual sovereignty are the greatest gifts God ever bestowed upon man, and even though I don't like it, a free and sovereign person has the right to love whomever they choose, even if that person is of the same sex.

I used to think that people chose to be gay, but I am now convinced due to scientific data and the personal goal of becoming less ignorant, that people are born gay, or they are born with the tendency to be attracted to both sexes. Since they are indeed born gay, then how can being gay be a sin? Why would God, who is all loving and gracious, create someone and damn them from the start? I don't think that he would.

Stop using a religion that was created by imperfect men that you probably don't even fully understand to justify your hate and ignorance. I'll even give you the benefit of the doubt.... lets pretend that you are right and that people choose to be gay, and that it is an abomination to God. It is still NONE OF YOUR BUSINESS HOW SOMEONE ELSE CHOOSES TO LIVE THEIR LIFE. Being raised as a Baptist, I know that the Bible says that God sees ALL sin under the same light. A sin is a sin, which makes you just a sinful as a gay person in the eyes of God, so stop judging people that you have no right to judge, and worry about your own life instead of someone else's.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   
reply to post by banandar123

I dont know whether pedophiles are born that way, or maybe it is hardwired sometime after birth. But I dont think it is a choice, either. Nobody can choose who he is attracted to.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:38 AM
link   
I am a christian that does not deny that being gay is not a choice. I also don't believe that wife beaters want to be angry and violent. I also don't believe that child molestors choose to have sick feelings toward kids. I don't believe that racists choose to hate. The world is a difficult place to live in, and God expects us to overcome our obstacles in order to do what's right. No, gay people don't choose to be gay, but they choose to act on it. Some people have bigger obstacles to overcome than others.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
I knew I was gay before I even knew what sexual intercourse was. My first crush was on a bus driver when I was in kindergarten. I had a dad, I wasn't abused. It's not a choice. Although I find girls beautiful, I find them disgusting in the sense of intercourse. That's not a choice. I'D MUCH RATHER BE STRAIGHT. I just cannot fathom forcing myself to be straight, because I'd be depressed and grossed out my whole life.

God doesn't say it's a sin. The bible does.

I'm glad this church is being progressive on the matter. Good for them.
edit on 2-6-2011 by mahoosta because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-6-2011 by mahoosta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by Wingz

Misguided?... Well then, people who work on the seventh day should be put to death and children who curse at their parents should also die.

John 13
23- Now there was leaning on Jesus’ bosom one of His disciples, whom Jesus loved.
25- Then, leaning back on Jesus’ breast, he said to Him, “Lord, who is it?

Sounds gay to me.
I know, I shouldn't take it literally... but it suits me to do so.

Most Bible believers are happy to quote the Bible to affirm their personal prejudice against homosexuals, but become very quiet when it comes to the verses that they themselves don't obey.

Oh, you forgot to mention if a man lies with a man as one lies with a women, they must be put to death. Didn't the part about death suit you... a bit to harsh you think?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join