It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Gay is a Gift from God

page: 34
<< 31  32  33    35  36 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheLoneArcher
However, one does not need to follow a Religion to recognise that there is an all powerful creative force at work in the universe.

Wasn't the point - - you don't need an outside force to know how to treat your fellow man?

I didn't say there couldn't be one.

posted on Jun, 17 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
hmm interesting, what state is this?
edit on 17-6-2011 by MGSPhantom because: spelling error

posted on Jun, 18 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by eNumbra

Originally posted by smartbuddy
reply to post by virraszto

Yes it is a sin. No-one is born gay. Being gay is a choice.

Why would anyone choose to be gay.
Seems to me, if the bible was right and considering all the persecution that exists there is no upside to being gay: therefore, why would anyone choose to be gay?

edit: on the billboard itself, it's likely they see all obstacles as gifts from god. Gay thoughts are just another obstacle to some religious folk.
edit on 6/1/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

Well said - Completely agree. And i agree with the religious message (in the OP) if it promotes soladarity and lessens hatred and stigmatisation.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
If being born Gay is a choice then please can someone explain to me hermaphrodites (for those who don't know those are people born with both genitals) either way they chose they are technically gay and in some people on this posts eyes sinners. So a loving all forgiving caring God then intentionally created a permanent sinner who cant get to Heaven?
Second question to that in the Bible it states that all children because of their innocence get automatic free pass into Heaven right. So what if they chose to be gay and a little girl kisses another and she likes it?
(I kissed my first boy when I was 5, he was my boyfriend. I was following society which kids now a days are still likely to do)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:45 AM
link   
reply to post by moonbeam13

My exact thought. Rational thinking over ignorance. If a 2,000 year old book written by humans makes you hate people because they are attracted to their same gender, there is something very very wrong going on in our world.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
EVERYTHING IN YOUR LIFE IS A BLESSING, GOOD AND BAD.

being gay is a blessing... it shows your position in this world...

Will you forfeit wordly desires to love God? that is the main question God is asking through homosexuality, I THINK. i dont know and won't know until i ask Him.

That is one of the biggest pain and trials that seeking Christians endure, not the ones that say this and do that, will make... will you take up your cross just as Christ did? will you forfeit the lusts in this world for the riches in heaven?
edit on 23-11-2011 by DelayedChristmas because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by DelayedChristmas
Will you forfeit wordly desires to love God? that is the main question God is asking through homosexuality.

Are you seriously saying - - - god made homosexuals as a test for them to not have sex?

If so - - - that is some serious brainwashing.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Will you forfeit wordly desires to love God? that is the main question God is asking through homosexuality.

Are you seriously saying - - - god made homosexuals as a test for them to not have sex?

well... to some it may, but this is my belief:
the road is narrow... there is more to christianity than merely saying you are... you must bare your cross as well... i believe that the homosexuals path to eternal life is to throw away the desires of the world... just as mary magdalene gave up her job as a prostitute; although her job was to help pay for her wordly needs, she gave it all up just to follow Christ... says a lot, IMO.

and... Christ does love the sinners and did not come to call upon the righteous...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   

the road is narrow... there is more to christianity than merely saying you are... you must bare your cross as well... i believe that the homosexuals path to eternal life is to throw away the desires of the world... just as mary magdalene gave up her job as a prostitute; although her job was to help pay for her wordly needs, she gave it all up just to follow Christ... says a lot, IMO.

and... Christ does love the sinners and did not come to call upon the righteous...

After becoming interested and reading everything about homosexuality for 20+ years - - - I no longer care what someone like you believes.

The homosexuals I worked with were all Christian. The idea that they should deny themselves the same life and opportunities as heterosexuals is not only ludicrous but insulting.

You still believe the prostitute story? Really?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

After becoming interested and reading everything about homosexuality for 20+ years - - - I no longer care what someone like you believes.

The homosexuals I worked with were all Christian. The idea that they should deny themselves the same life and opportunities as heterosexuals is not only ludicrous but insulting.

You still believe the prostitute story? Really?

first question: do you know me? personally?

i can attack you by using vulgar and derogatory words as well, but i choose not to. i can choose to condescend others by saying their opinions are not valid, but i choose not to. i can talk to you the same way you talk to me and you would hate it.

but i am not here for you to hate me nor am i here for me to hate you.

sometimes people are threatened by my viewpoints, sometimes people see the validity of it, really depends on the person.

the homosexuals that i have met are christians... my friend W, his name is shortened to a W for privacy reasons, has been born in the church. hes been a homosexual since he was a little child, he had dreams and fantasies about other boys. he says to me: what i truly hate is that when people tell me what to do when they don't know what it feels like... and truth to be told, i had my homosexual thoughts when i was running away from the truth. i had a taste of the homosexual mindset... in the beginning how confusing it is... how your afraid of people judging you... how you don't know whether your attracted to the same sex or not... if you are attracted to the same sex, then how am you also attracted to the opposite sex. it just completely shook my world up.

this is what i learned: this world will throw so many curve balls at you... lust of wordly desires is a gyro curve ball, a curve ball that comes at you @ 100+ mph. but my faith tells me this: WE ARE NOT OF THIS WORLD.

can we truly seek the kingdom of heaven without throwing away the riches of the world, where moth and rust can find its way to it?

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
back to the OP, yes, being gay is a blessing.

i think it is God's way of asking you: are you of this world? or will you give up your precious sexual life to talk with and follow me, so you will have eternal life in heaven, as i wish for everyone to be.

just my opinion.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

I hate to break it to you but being gay isn't a choice maybe to a few but not to the majority.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   

first question: do you know me? personally?

i can attack you by using vulgar and derogatory words as well, but i choose not to. i can choose to condescend others by saying their opinions are not valid, but i choose not to. i can talk to you the same way you talk to me and you would hate it.

Do you know me personally?

Where did I attack you by using vulgar and derogatory words?

Where did I say your opinion was not valid?
edit on 23-11-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 05:47 PM
link   

You shouldn't believe everything you read unless it was said by God... & God definitely condemns it as unnatural more than once... It may be natural to humans now, but it's not our standard we should be concerned about...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by honestyblaze

How do YOU know what god says? Does he talk to you? Or are you referring to the 2,000 year old book written by PEOPLE (automatically making it bunk) which was translated and re-written more than 14 times?

I don't know how religious people can believe in their religion so devoutely when another religion has just as much "evidence" and even older books then their own..

If god, whatever or whoever that is condemns an innocent preference that causes no physical or emotional harm to others and praises acts of violence which does both, that is not a god I'm ever going to believe in.
edit on 23-11-2011 by Se7enex because: Additional Insight

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by honestyblaze

You shouldn't believe everything you read unless it was said by God... & God definitely condemns it as unnatural more than once... It may be natural to humans now, but it's not our standard we should be concerned about...

Who/what is god.

Man wrote the bible.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by honestyblaze

Who/what is god.

Man wrote the bible.

Everything is God...

God isn't in the bible

edit on 23-11-2011 by Akragon because: contradictions are fun eh...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Akragon

I would call most of the bibles attempts to make people believe whatever THEY want them to believe...

Matrix anyone?

edit on 23-11-2011 by Se7enex because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Se7enex
reply to post by Akragon

I would call most of the bibles attempts to make people believe whatever THEY want them to believe...

Matrix anyone?

THEY...

They are clever arn't they...

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   
OOPS!
edit on 23-11-2011 by Annee because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 31  32  33    35  36 >>

join