It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Gay is a Gift from God

page: 27
<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:43 AM
link   
Surely the mere fact that religion and God is a belief, in itself factualises that it cannot be a fact?

As for this thread, I'm a bit miffed my previous posts were delete since I wrote exactly what the largest percentage of people are writing in the past 20 pages! Disgraceful.

I think we should now conclude with:

'Gays are born gay, it's difficult for some of them to be open in an anti-gay world; but bravo to those who can be happy with themselves since they have no choice'.

Regligious folk simply use the bible to approach life; so be it. Being gay, for this church, is a gift from God because that is how they interpret it (for whatever reasons). For others, being gay is a mental illness. For others, being gay is due to surroundings when younger... It really depends from where you come.

But the fact is, unbiasedly-speaking, as every gay person has said here about all other gays they know, including themselves, being gay is not a choice, it's an inate knowing which becomes apparent in early-ish life and which they feel they must hide because of society.

It's pretty clear to me now.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

It is NOT a Breach of FREE WILL. You have a CHOICE to FOLLOW the LAWS or NOT. If you follow them... good for you. If you dont...well bad for you

Do you realise this comment is a complete oxymoron...............its not a breach of free will as long as you do what I say and follow my laws.
Ummm I am sure this is a breach of free will because free will is exactly that, the will to make YOUR OWN choice and not follow someone else's doctrines.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CouncilOfNine

God Loves every Enity on this planet....i dont know about the Fallen Angels , he probably feels pitty.

Jesus is our Intercessor to this one God you speak of. He created us all , everything , all the Celestial Beings and Celestial Animals , and the Spirits that inhabit the planets , and the Earth. (This is what Solomon said in his Greater Key)

Solomon was a man of Great renown and Wisdom in the ancient world , he even shared his wisdom in a book..do you not believe Solomon?

However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"--

The secret things belong to the LORD our God, but the things revealed belong to us and to our children forever, that we may follow all the words of this law.

There are things we cant imagine in the Spirit world. People on Earth think they have a Clue...i think it will take us...nearly an Eternity to learn everything God needs us to Learn perhaps he is forever learning.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   

Exactly , you get to choose whether to follow it or not , you answered your own statement.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:00 AM
link   
Saying that being gay is a gift from god is like saying that having downs syndrome or a mental illness is a gift from god. If you are born gay then you are a flawed. It's not a gift. It's a curse.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   

However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"--

This is the problem and as you have said "it is written"........by someone who did not want you to know the whole truth, did you know that the Ark of the Covenant contains the original scriptures and not the ten commandments? here is a quote from the Law Of One.

The ark of the covenant was that place wherein those things most holy, according to the understanding of the one called Moishe, were placed.
The article placed therein has been called by your peoples two tablets called the Ten Commandments. There were not two tablets.
There was one writing in scroll.
This was placed along with the most carefully written accounts by various entities of their beliefs concerning the creation by the One Creator.

This ark was designed to constitute the place where from the priests, as you call those distorted towards the desire to serve their brothers, could draw their power and feel the presence of the One Creator.
However, it is to be noted that this entire arrangement was designed, not by the one known to the Confederation as Yahweh, but rather was designed by negative entities preferring this method of creating an elite called the Sons of Levi.

This was charged by means of the materials with which it was built being given an electromagnetic field. It became an object of power in this way and, to those whose faith became that untarnished by unrighteousness or separation, this power designed for negativity became positive and is so, to those truly in harmony with the experience of service, to this day.
Thus the negative forces were partially successful but the positively oriented Moishe, as this entity was called, gave to your planetary peoples the possibility of a path to the One Infinite Creator which is completely positive.

This is in common with each of your orthodox religious systems which have all become somewhat mixed in orientation, yet offer a pure path to the One Creator which is seen by the pure seeker.
edit on 4-6-2011 by CouncilOfNine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

This clearly shows that christian god is a psychopath, and christians are the sick and violent people, not gays. Your religion is nothing more than a bunch of primitive rumblings of bronze age peasants, worse than nazism. Nothing divinely inspired here, and deep down you know it.
And certainly nothing worth worshipping.

The best way to loose faith is the actually read the bible.
edit on 4/6/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by DB340
Surely the mere fact that religion and God is a belief, in itself factualises that it cannot be a fact?

Some beliefs can be fact even if not considered true by many.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:26 AM
link   
Human Beings, for survival, belong to groups. Modern man belongs to many groups. To affiliate to a group you note the rules and are influenced by the groups thinking. Religious groups strive for survival in the afterlife.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by CouncilOfNine

It is NOT a Breach of FREE WILL. You have a CHOICE to FOLLOW the LAWS or NOT. If you follow them... good for you. If you dont...well bad for you

Do you realise this comment is a complete oxymoron...............its not a breach of free will as long as you do what I say and follow my laws.
Ummm I am sure this is a breach of free will because free will is exactly that, the will to make YOUR OWN choice and not follow someone else's doctrines.

What if the ruler of the universe said follow me and you may live in my kingdom, and don't follow me and be cast out?
edit on 4-6-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by sussy

This is mans biggest problem, the pack mentality..........if this way of thinking was dropped and people just accepted that we all have a common goal, life would be so much easier.

No body needs to fight for survival in the afterlife because life does not end, our time here is merely another stage of our spiritual evolution...........this life is not as real as you might think

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

As religion is a group, then its man made. Man makes groups. To belong to that groups thinking you obey the rules and you express ideas. Ideas are man made.

edit on 4-6-2011 by sussy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

What if the ruler of the universe said follow me and you may live in my kingdom, and don't follow me and be cast out?

First of all there is no ruler of this or any other universe only the one infinite creator in the form of intelligent infinity.
Secondly this would never happen because there is no imaginary kingdom (unless you create it yourself) that you long to go to.
And last of all no entity would be cast out of any where, everyone has a place you are not special because you are a christian!!

You guys are so into the fire and brimstone thing, still living in the dark ages, just try to accept that everyone gets the chance to move forward it just depends on your choices how you will do this.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

reply to post by 547000

First of all there is no ruler of this or any other universe only the one infinite creator in the form of intelligent infinity.
Secondly this would never happen because there is no imaginary kingdom (unless you create it yourself) that you long to go to.
And last of all no entity would be cast out of any where, everyone has a place you are not special because you are a christian!!

You guys are so into the fire and brimstone thing, still living in the dark ages, just try to accept that everyone gets the chance to move forward it just depends on your choices how you will do this.

My experiences tell me quite the opposite. The Christian God is called the Lord for a reason and there is also a horrible spiritual inferno. He seems to have special rules and regulations people need to follow or accept before He'll allow them in His kingdom.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000

reply to post by 547000

My experiences tell me quite the opposite. The Christian God is called the Lord for a reason and there is also a horrible spiritual inferno. He seems to have special rules and regulations people need to follow or accept before He'll allow them in His kingdom.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion this is free will at work, however this is not to say that your thinking is correct.
You can call the creator what ever you like I prefer infinite creator as I have never been one for organised religion, to me it is only a form of manipulation to keep the masses under control.
Have you seen this "horrible spiritual inferno" I think not, you have just been told it exists.......have you ever asked why you were told this?? maybe so you will abide by church doctrine?? or this is where you will go?

There are no special rules or regulations as there are no mistakes under the Law Of One there is only free will and choice of polarity......then comes love/light and spiritual progression through 7 octave's of reality where we are all gods for lack of better word.
You should understand, we are already in the creators kingdom we are a part of it as it is us as All Is One.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Councilofnine,

I just wanted to pat your back for standing up for what you feel in the face of complete and utter hypocrisy.

Talking to hardened religious people is like talking to a wall. They will never realise the hypocrisy in their words, so don't bother mate. Go take a chill pill and have a beer.

Whether one fights to defend the bible, or fights to condemn it as BS, both parties use the same tactics and same words. You're fighting a losing battle.

"Prove the bible's word is not true"... "No, you prove that it is".
"God said blabla to blabla and that is a fact because it's in my book"... "No he didn't, prove it"... "No, you prove it is flase"... ad nauseum.

Whatever one side says, the other says the opposite. You can't win, and you'll always be wrong (just as they say about us non-believers - "they'll never change, they'll never accept God's word").

Have a beer.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

For those of you espousing "free will", probably christians, please provide one single scripture of your bible that supports that belief? If God knows everything, and has appointed a time and place for everything, how is it that you have a "free will'?

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

A 'belief' cannot possibly at all, ever be a fact. I think it's fair to say that a 'belief' is two levels below a fact, like an opinion could be said to be one level below a fact.

A belief is the psychological state in which an individual holds a proposition or premise to be true. Taking it further, Plato, for example, said that knowledge was 'justified true belief', more commonly known as a 'fact'. Religion is not a 'justified, true belief', it is merely a belief, leading to it not being knowledge, thus, not a fact.

This is logical.

If what happened 2,000+ years ago had many sources, was verified by all in art of the time, in many scriptures/songs/paintings/poems, etc., then it would hold more verifiably 'true' and it would even perhaps be considered 'stupid' to not 'believe' in something that was 'factually documented by many, many a time'. The bible and all the versions (a case in point, no?) shoots itself in the foot by merely being a 'belief' of many 'beliefs' centred around one 'belief'. Thus, religious people are so closed as to the prospect of incorrectness (look at Harold Camping), that they will go to the greatest of extremes to justify the 'belief', since no 'factually, undeniable data in any form' exists... otherwise it would not have so may versions and be so twisted in so many ways.

Thus, all being said and understood, religion being a belief, itself in turn irrefutably settles the argument that it cannot possibly be true; true in as much as 'what was written and quoted to have been said, really happened or was really said'.
edit on 4-6-2011 by DB340 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by DB340

Thanks for the support but I am very chilled
these guys don't phase me at all.
I have done an incredible amount of research in this area and hold a good understanding of how things are, and no body pushing biblical doctrine will ever change that...... I am not saying that the religions are bad just that they are portrayed as radical due to blind belief in a system that is most obviously set up to not tell their followers the truth and to keep them in line so to speak (remind you of anything).
There is a path of truth in all religions you just have to be able to filter out all the crap, which is easier for a pure seeker of the truth but much harder for a follower who can be open to all interpretations of religious dogma.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by RMFX1

It is not a curse. This is a pathetic argument to say the least. As usual as a Christian you judge other people from a book that was written by man and not God himself. And don't bring that whole argument that man was inspired by God to write the book because I was inspired by the Beatles to start singing, doesn't mean they wrote my songs. Man is flawed and loves to control other people and what better way to control people than with religion and scaring them about hell if they do not follow their laws and commandments. The Bible is contradictory and yet people still seem to follow it.

Like George Carlin said, "If you do any of the ten commandments that God doesn't want you to do he will send you to a special place, full of fire and smoke and burning and torture and anguish, where he will send you to live and suffer and burn and choke and scream and cry forever and ever 'til the end of time! But He loves you. He loves you, and He needs money! He always needs money! He's all-powerful, all-perfect, all-knowing, and all-wise, somehow just can't handle money! Religion takes in billions of dollars, they pay no taxes, and they always need a little more."

I can't help but see the truth in that quote because coming from the religion and seeing the behind-the-scenes as you could put it, I can tell you that its not a great religion.

So when it comes to gay marriage, being gay, gay rights I would absolutely love it if you keep religion out of it. That would be awesome!

new topics

top topics

<< 24  25  26    28  29  30 >>

join