It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Gay is a Gift from God

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

Please just stop and think about it...alot of us feel that way because of un-acceptance...*off topic but a good example* im sure that there were a few jewish that just wanted to die because of not being accepted by there own home country...i would talk to a actualy doctor and not diagnose yourself, I thought i was Skitsophrenic(cant spell it i tried my best) but im actualy bi-polar and an ElectroSensitive.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
So............if being gay is a gift, does that mean that being straight is a curse?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Well...I'm just gonna be blunt...I think it is miraculous that I am gay...
In fact...I feel it IS a gift from God. It's like God's chosen ones. BTW all of God's angels are in fact gay.
Being gay is so fun and so awesome that sometimes I just have to force myself to stop and look at the reality around me...the less fortunate ones. So many and so little gay they have.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I am gay. My orientation was not a gift from "God", nor was it a personal choice. If YOU choose to follow the Bible and YOU believe it tells you homosexuality is a gift (or a sin) then you should abide by your beliefs but don't impose your personal, faith-based opinions on others - especially when it contradicts the evidence.

Religion and faith should be for the practitioner's edification, not something pushed on others. Too often Christianity presumes the authority to inform the world of "facts" that are in reality just made up beliefs based on no actual evidence - and no, the bible does not count as factual evidence.

I think it's great this church is accepting gays - it's unfortunate they chose to frame it in the context that it has to be seen as a gift from God in order for it to be okay.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
No Christian Church should accept Gays. As it is wrong and they are ednorsing it.....you dont hate speech them as the bible tells you not too. You treat them Kindly like any other human being , however , you dont endorse their actions. You tell them it is wrong , you dont say its a Gift from God ...because it isnt.
e Bible tells us everything we need to know about God. If you read the Bible...you know our God.

The bible is a compilation of selected text from ancient script. It is at best an interpretation of unknown meanings.

How one interprets the bible is choice. You can choose negative interpretation or positive interpretation. Those choosing the negative aspects of homosexual interpretation - - - do so by choice.

There are alternative interpretations one can choose.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Homosexuality and the Bible by Walter Wink

About the Author
My friend, Walter Wink, is Professor of Biblical Interpretation at Auburn Theological Seminary in New York City. He has also taught at Union Theological Seminary and Hartford Seminary, and has been a visiting professor at Columbia and Drew universities. In 1989-1990 he was a Peace Fellow at the United States Institute of Peace in Washington, DC.

His published works include a trilogy on the Powers: Naming the Powers (1984), Unmasking the Powers (1986), and Engaging the Powers (1992), all from Fortress Press. Engaging the Powers received three "Religious Book of the Year" awards in 1993. Doubleday Books will publish a condensed version of the Powers trilogy in 1997 under the title, The Powers That Be.

He is also the author of The Bible in Human Transformation (Fortress, 1973), Transforming Bible Study (Abingdon, second edition, 1990), and other works, including 134 articles.

He is a member of the American Academy of Religion, the Society of Biblical Literature, Studiorum Novi Testament Societies, and the Fellowship of Reconciliation, and has lectured at over seventy universities.

He has led workshops on nonviolence and other themes all over North America, as well as in South Africa, Northern Ireland, East Germany, South Korea, New Zealand, and South and Central America.

Dr. Wink is a United Methodist minister, works for a Presbyterian seminary, and attends Quaker meeting. For five years he served as pastor of a church in southeast Texas.

This recent essay by Dr. Wink is a rather fascinating (even new) take on the 'clobber passages.' Hope you enjoy it. You may contact Dr. Wink on e-mail: wwink@msn.com

Enjoy!

Homosexuality and the Bible
by The Rev. Dr. Walter Wink

Sexual issues are tearing our churches apart today as never before. The issue of homosexuality threatens to fracture whole denominations, as the issue of slavery did a hundred and fifty years ago. We naturally turn to the Bible for guidance, and find ourselves mired in interpretative quicksand. Is the Bible able to speak to our confusion on this issue?

The debate over homosexuality is a remarkable opportunity, because it raises in an especially acute way how we interpret the Bible, not in this case only, but in numerous others as well. The real issue here, then, is not simply homosexuality, but how Scripture informs our lives today.

Some passages that have been advanced as pertinent to the issue of homosexuality are, in fact, irrelevant. One is the attempted gang rape in Sodom (Gen. 19:1-29). That was a case of ostensibly heterosexual males intent on humiliating strangers by treating them "like women," thus demasculinizing them. (This is also the case in a similar account in Judges 19-21.) Their brutal behavior has nothing to do with the problem of whether genuine love expressed between consenting adults of the same sex is legitimate or not. Likewise Deut. 23:17-18 must be pruned from the list, since it most likely refers to a heterosexual prostitute involved in Canaanite fertility rites that have infiltrated Jewish worship; the King James Version inaccurately labeled him a "sodomite."

www.soulforce.org...

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
To each their own, but I really start getting uncomfortable at adoption and or surrogacy, allowing a child to be brought up by same sex partners.

All the fawning over Elton John & David's baby, was just a bit too much for me. It's like the media wanted to continually push it in our faces, how 'wonderful' it all was.

Not only that but with Elton being over 60 years of age, how's that fair on a child?

Will be interesting to see in the years to come, whether this child comes out as being GAY or not.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SpaceJockey1

My partner and I are co-raising my biological daughter. She's 8 years old and doing just fine so you can put your worries to rest.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpaceJockey1
To each their own, but I really start getting uncomfortable at adoption and or surrogacy, allowing a child to be brought up by same sex partners.

Feel free to check the statistics of children raised by same gender parents.

Children know love - - they don't know archaic prejudice.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by grahag

Originally posted by 547000
Just because you do not consciously choose a trait of yours doesn't imply you were born that way. Experiences in your life influence you. Unless you think pedophiles are born that way or masochists are born that way.

It's not implied. It's a scientifically proven fact that gender attraction preference is influenced by genetics, hormones, and environment. It can be disputed, but you'd be going against empirical data that says otherwise. I'd recommend having your own data to back up your argument if you want to have a logical debate about it. I've reference the studies in previous posts if you're interested in reading through them.

A preference does not mean that you are locked into a specific sexual ID though. You can go against your preference. The right/left hand argument applies here. If you want to try using your non-preferred hand, then you absolutely can choose to do so, but it won't feel natural and it may take a lot of practice to become dextrous with that non-preferred hand. THAT is a genetic pre-disposed preference as well. You don't LEARN to use the hand you do because you were taught that way. You use it because you preferred it and it was easier. It felt natural when you put a crayon (or for some of us, chalk), in that hand and you went that direction. Humans are very good at choosing the path of least resistance. We're geared to try to make our lives easier. Sometimes we go against that, but it's relatively rare.

Really now? As far as I know the nurture versus nature debate is NOT settled. There is a lot of propaganda that it IS settled, but that's because gay activists push it and people don't want to look bigoted.

I think experiences have far more influence over what sexual fetishes you have than genes.
edit on 3-6-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
Ok , there is to many people to respond too. So im going to speak in General.

I will show you scripture. Instead of my Own words. I am going to show you TRUTH instead of using my words as quoted from a favorite website of mine.

Leviticus 18:22 Thou shalt not lie with mankind, as with womankind: it is abomination.

Leviticus 18:29 For whosoever shall commit any of these abominations, even the souls that commit them shall be cut off from among their people.

Leviticus 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put to death; their blood shall be upon them.

Romans 1:26 For this cause God gave them up unto vile affections: for even their women did change the natural use into that which is against nature:

Romans 1:27 And likewise also the men, leaving the natural use of the woman, burned in their lust one toward another; men with men working that which is unseemly, and receiving in themselves that recompence of their error which was meet.

Romans 1:32 Who knowing the judgment of God, that they which commit such things are worthy of death, not only do the same, but have pleasure in them that do them.

But we are all as an unclean [thing], and all our righteousnesses [are] as filthy rags; and we all do fade as a leaf; and our iniquities, like the wind, have taken us away.
Isaiah 64:6

How much more shall the blood of Christ, who through the eternal Spirit offered himself without spot to God, purge your conscience from dead works to serve the living God?
Hebrew 9:14

To open their eyes, [and] to turn [them] from darkness to light, and [from] the power of Satan unto God, that they may receive forgiveness of sins, and inheritance among them which are sanctified by faith that is in me.
Acts 26:18

He that is not with me is against me: and he that gathereth not with me scattereth.
Luke 11:23

For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves [it is] the gift of God Not of works, lest any man should boast.
Ephesians 2:8-9

To declare, [I say], at this time his righteousness that he might be just, and the justifier of him which believeth in Jesus. Where [is] boasting then? It is excluded. By what law? of works? Nay but by the law of faith. Therefore we conclude that a man is justified by faith without the deeds of the law.
Romans 3:26-28

Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified.
Galatians 2:16

The sacrifice of the wicked [is] an abomination to the LORD but the prayer of the upright [is] his delight.
Proverbs 15:8

He that turneth away his ear from hearing the law, even his prayer [shall be] abomination. Proverbs 28:9

But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed.
Galatians 1:8

If there come any unto you, and bring not this doctrine, receive him not into your house, neither bid him God speed For he that biddeth him God speed is partaker of his evil deeds.
2 John 1:10-11

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:38 AM
link   
CONTINUED :

Them that sin rebuke before all, that others also may fear.
1 Timothy 5:20

This witness is true. Wherefore rebuke them sharply, that they may be sound in the faith;
Titus 1:13

Preach the word; be instant in season, out of season; reprove, rebuke, exhort with all longsuffering and doctrine.
2 Timothy 4:2

He that rebuketh a man afterwards shall find more favour than he that flattereth with the tongue.
Proverbs 28:23

All scripture [is] given by inspiration of God, and [is] profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness:
2 Timothy 3:16

If youll read the Versuses. My God is perfect. No sin you commit can not be forgiven. So if your gay...its a sin , God can forgive you if you ask. If you dont and you try to DISTORT THE BIBLE , then your pretty much going to hell.

Again , you keep talking about the Bible is written by men , here is what the Bible says.

John 10:35 "If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken..."

Acts 4:24-25: "...Lord, thou art God, which hast made heaven, and earth, and the sea, and all that in them is: Who by the mouth of thy servant David hast said, Why did the heathen rage, and the people imagine vain things?"

1 Corinthians 2:9-13: "But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him. But God hath revealed them unto us by his Spirit: ...Now we have received, not the spirit of the world, but the spirit which is of God; that we might know the things that are freely given to us of God. Which things also we speak, not in the words which man's wisdom teacheth, but which the Holy Ghost teacheth; comparing spiritual things with spiritual."

1 Thessalonians 2:13: "For this cause also thank we God without ceasing, because, when ye received the word of God which ye heard of us, ye received it not as the word of men, but as it is in truth, the word of God, which effectually worketh also in you that believe."

2 Timothy 3:16: "All scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness."

2 Peter 1:20-21: "Knowing this first, that no prophecy of the scripture is of any private interpretation. For the prophecy came not in old time by the will of man: but holy men of God spake as they were moved by the Holy Ghost.

You simply have faith and believe or you dont.

The Holy Bible (KJV) is the only bible i trust. You can go read another 100 bibles if you want , if it isnt KJV Holy Bible , then im going to take what it says as grain of salt , it may be interesting , but the KJV Holy Bible is my Basis of beliefs.

edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk
reply to post by halfoldman

You are very perverted, disgusting and spiritually dead.

Absolutely no one is spiritually dead, no matter how bad or how good that entity may be. You need to get yourself a life instead of trying to live other peoples for them and hiding behind your bible

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

Your bible quotes mean nothing to me because the bible is an extremely flawed view of creation, I'm sorry but your god does not exist, the one infinite creator does not share a good portion of your bibles views!!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by CouncilOfNine

Tell me in which ways my Bible is flawed? Ill correct your view.

Name a few for me.

Just because our Bible doesnt bend to your idea of how things were created , doesnt mean the bible is wrong , you could be just as wrong as the Bible. If you are wrong , im sure you know what the Bible says about that.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:09 AM
link   

So you do admit your bible is wrong...........I rest my case!

You bible thumper's are so busy telling everyone else how they should live their lives.

There are NO sinners, there is only positive and negative orientations, or good and evil in your bible and I can assure you it is nothing like your bible dictates because both orientations progress spiritually, service to self and service to others, both are correct under the law of one because ALL IS ONE.
There is no hell, there are only different degree's of vibration, if you want to assign a place as hell it would be this illusion we are presently incarnate in, like I said you do not know the actual reality of existence and as long as you live your life from an antiquated book of fiction you will never see the big picture.
I do however agree that Jesus was real, although his real name was not Jesus and he was an entity just like every other on this planet. His pre incarnate decision was to break the veil of forgetting and teach man the Law Of One, he also incarnated with knowledge and powers of a fifth density entity hence the healing and power to create matter from thought alone.....something every person on this planet is capable of if they were perfectly balanced and committed to the task.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

This is exactly what I was talking about. So many Christians throw the Bible around and call it the TRUTH... It's only true to you and your fellow Christians. You can qoute scripture all you want but it's never going to amount to anything more than your own personal conviction. Likewise, some church posting a billboard stating that homosexuality is a gift from God doesn't make it true either.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Just because our Bible doesnt bend to your idea of how things were created , doesnt mean the bible is wrong , you could be just as wrong as the Bible. If you are wrong , im sure you know what the Bible says about that.

You can start with the 10 commandments. though shalt NOT is a complete breach of free will.
Although the things listed will lower you vibratory level and take you further from your spiritual evolutionary path, it is everyone's choice to decide for themselves, this is free will and not some church's duty to correct their views........this is called manipulation!!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CouncilOfNine

And i can tell your heavily into the Occult there is no amount of talking to you going to change your mind as you have Miracles that arnt from God.

(Matthew 24:24 NRSV) For false messiahs and false prophets will appear and produce great signs and omens, to lead astray, if possible, even the elect.

(Mark 13:22 NRSV) False messiahs and false prophets will appear and produce signs and omens, to lead astray, if possible, the elect.

Sectarian leaders posing as "messiahs" and "prophets" and working powerful miracles ("great signs and omens") will attempt to lead astray everyone, including even the people of God. However God has chosen those who will be His and though imperiled there is the implication that they will also be preserved. These signs will be powerful enough to deceive all believers unless God Himself preserves them.

Every book in the New Testament with the exception of Philemon warns vigorously against false teachers who will try to deceive God's people. It is a major if not over-riding emphasis of many of the epistles (Colossians, Jude) However critical assessment of doctrine and teachings is often seen as "negative" or contentious. At times it undoubtedly has been. Discernment is an essential part of our discipleship in Christ.

Whats to say you arnt Decieved? You wont know until you die , neither will I. Except i have faith in the Word of God and in Jesus , we are rewarded in heaven with a Crown for our simple belief because it isnt easy , for God doesnt give us Signs this Generation as he did in his Generation, the Bible is our Sign.

It is NOT a Breach of FREE WILL. You have a CHOICE to FOLLOW the LAWS or NOT. If you follow them... good for you. If you dont...well bad for you. You choose whether you live your life by the Laws or by the World. Its your life. Do with it as you will , except the Bible teaches us , our real life is in the next However , you are to STRIVE to meet the laws because you are rewarde for doing so if you are a Christian , you wont meet them , but you can limit how many times you break them. Good Works do not get you to heaven , only Faith / Asking of Jesus will in my Faith.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Tell me in which ways my Bible is flawed? Ill correct your view.

I'm sorry but nothing on this earth can change my views, this is a subject I have researched for a very long time and I am VERY sure I have a very good idea of how things are and how they have always been, and when you die you will learn the truth, again before you are incarnated back into 3rd density for another cycle.........you see being a Christian does not automaticly give you a free pass to ascend.

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   

And i can tell your heavily into the Occult

You just crack me up. I am not into the occult in any way. I am into the reality that is creation, I believe in free will and unconditional love of every entity on this planet, because every entity on this planet comes from the One infinite Creator therefore everything is the same "All Is One" this is something you will realise when you leave this illusion.
This planet in this space/time is purely a place of choice, our goal is to experience as much as we can and choose our polarity, weather it be positive or negative using our free will, this is our choice.
edit on 4-6-2011 by CouncilOfNine because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join