It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Gay is a Gift from God

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk
reply to post by halfoldman

You are very perverted, disgusting and spiritually dead.

It's your opinion and right to say that.
But at least tell me why.

What did I say that is not scriptural?

I think you've only heard one extrapolation and interpretation.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by virraszto
I have a couple more comments to make about this. As I said in my OP, I do not believe in the God of the bible, and I am not a Christian. So, I don't think being gay is a gift from God. I don't think it's a choice either, but either way, ALL life is precious.

Neither do I - as I am Atheist. (NO I did not have a bad experience with the church - yes I was raised Christian - education led me to be Atheist).

I am respecting those who do believe in God - - having this belief.

To say "God created gays" - - is equal to "born gay". Those who are gay - KNOW - they were born as they are.

Non-gay's have no real business disputing it.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by smartbuddy
LOL No-one is born gay. Being gay is a choice. ...... gods gift

edit on 1-6-2011 by smartbuddy because: (no reason given)

So, I am not a christian, but I used to be one, and I know that suffering, illnesses, hardships and such ARE often considered a gift from god, because it is a part of gods plan to test the believers, it brings christians closer to their saviour to suffer in his name, brings humbleness etc. This is also part of the rationale behind saints getting painful stigmatas. Being gay while not succumbing to desires indeed brings suffering and mental struggle in the name of god, similar to other diseases or struggles of a christian. That pleases god, and therefore is a gift.

But maybe those 40 christians that starred that post will correct me?

www.bereanbiblechurch.org...
edit on 3/6/11 by Maslo because: added link

edit on 3/6/11 by Maslo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
If people think that being gay is a choice, wouldn't you have to actually BE gay to truthfully answer that question? Because unless you are gay and have made that choice for yourself then you can only assume it is a choice.
So, anyone in this thread who is gay......is it a choice?

Your logic is astounding, but lets keep that between you and me.

People who think "it's a choice" I would say are partially correct, I chose to stop ignoring obvious feelings that were there and accept them.
I didnt choose to have the feelings, they were there from a very young age, but I didnt even know what it was and honestly, I was more concerned about how long I was allowed out to play then whether or not feeling a crush on the boy next door was considered gay or not...in fact I didnt even know what gay was, was never exposed to it or ever heard my mother talk about it.
I didn't consciously choose my sexuality, but I did choose whether or not to ignore it and stop pretending I was otherwise.
edit on 3-6-2011 by topherman420 because: failed spelling

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Just because you do not consciously choose a trait of yours doesn't imply you were born that way. Experiences in your life influence you. Unless you think pedophiles are born that way or masochists are born that way.

It's not implied. It's a scientifically proven fact that gender attraction preference is influenced by genetics, hormones, and environment. It can be disputed, but you'd be going against empirical data that says otherwise. I'd recommend having your own data to back up your argument if you want to have a logical debate about it. I've reference the studies in previous posts if you're interested in reading through them.

A preference does not mean that you are locked into a specific sexual ID though. You can go against your preference. The right/left hand argument applies here. If you want to try using your non-preferred hand, then you absolutely can choose to do so, but it won't feel natural and it may take a lot of practice to become dextrous with that non-preferred hand. THAT is a genetic pre-disposed preference as well. You don't LEARN to use the hand you do because you were taught that way. You use it because you preferred it and it was easier. It felt natural when you put a crayon (or for some of us, chalk), in that hand and you went that direction. Humans are very good at choosing the path of least resistance. We're geared to try to make our lives easier. Sometimes we go against that, but it's relatively rare.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bob Sholtz

Originally posted by ELahrairah
To believe it is a choice is insane.
Who would choose to face ridicule and violence?
If it was a choice then people would choose to be heterosexual
so they would not have to continually be attacked.
The idea that it is a choice sounds like recycled religious propaganda.

is being a pedophile a choice in your opinion? they too open themselves up to ridicule, violence, AND legal prosecution.

yet we have pedophiles.

if its not a choice, then shouldn't they be free to practice their "alternate sexual tastes"

we're dealing with the same parts of the brain in this scenario.

it isn't one overarching choice that makes someone gay, just as a pedophile doesn't wake up one morning and say "i find 6 year olds attractive". its a long string of decisions over time that add up.

Pedophilia is not legal because it involves what is essentially non-consensual sex. Even if it was consensual it's been determined that a minor doesn't have the developed judgment to decide for themselves. Homosexual behavior is typically between 2 consenting adults.

And it DOES boil down to choice, but I'll go back to the handedness debate. You have a preference for something and you tend to go that direction.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
One thing to consider - assuming that being gay is genetic, then the more tolerant society is towards gay people, the less gay people there will be, because they will not be forced to act like straight people, having families and passing on their genes. Indeed, intolerance towards homosexuals may be the main reason why they have not died out long ago, assuming it is genetic.

You'll have to take into consideration those species that have gay members that don't create pariahs for that behavior. Why are they still around if "acceptance" is the key to wiping them out?

It's a deep-seated genetic trait which might eventually be bred out, but I wouldn't think that'll be anytime soon, even on a evolutionary time frame.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by DB340
reply to post by TheOrangeBrood

... and which in turn means that it goes against the grain. According to the dictionary; an error is: the condition of deviating from accuracy or correctness, as in belief, action, or speech.
We can apply this to homosexuality, can we not?
The history of the word 'error', is also interesting: error, c.1300, "a wandering, straying, mistake," from errare "to wander" (see err). Words for "error" in most I.E. languages originally meant "wander, go astray"
Again, we can apply this to the homosexual 'error', no?

If you want to call it an error you can and you might be within the accepted literal definition, but it's inflammatory. An error is commonly known as an undesirable result which differs from the expected result. Literal definition doesn't really matter in this case, because you're using error instead of anomaly or abnormality because you like getting an adverse reaction from people. You go on to express your opinion that you think that homosexual behavior is "vile". It's easy to see where your argument sits and by insisting that you use the word error and that it applies is trolling.

Call it what you will, but we'll do the same. I think trolling is vile and it doesn't add anything to the discussion but distractions.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

It is not a gift from God as scripture clearly shows.

And where do these scriptures originate and who can even prove they have validity?

Sexual immorality was punishable in the O.T and it's punishable by God now.

This is such crap!! you prey to a god that you have no idea about, how can you be so arrogant to think that only christians are right, or that the bible is even correct because I believe it is incredibly flawed. It contains only a small part of the reality of our existence.

They have a high hiv/aids rate

It is common knowledge this is an engineered virus released by certain US factions.

Homosexuality is not natural and goes against nature. People that have abnormal feelings need help, not to be brainwashed into thinking they're normal. It is an abomination.

You are so very wrong. It is a natural and unavoidable part of our evolution.
It occurs from being incarnate as biological male or female for 65% or more of your incarnations opposite to your present incarnation, combined with the density of our populations.
Some people are more sensitive than others to this infraction and a confusion occurs.

People that say we're an animal are stupid. Animal's don't have hate, religion or politics. Animal's behave on instinct. We as human's have the ability to decide not to do this or that. We are far more advanced than an animal. To buy into the notion that we're evolved from an animal just shows how naieve and gullible you are.

Again you are just so very wrong.
We are indeed evolved from second density beings.....Animals!!, when the mind and spirit evolves into "self awareness" this was the beginning of a portion of our present race or humanity, combined with DNA upgrades to become what we are today.

I am neither gay or religious, but I do believe in a higher power or an "infinite creator" only unlike organised religion the creator is not what I would refer to as a God, because we are all a part of this one infinite creator and therefore have the potential to become as powerful as your God.............there are NO mistakes under the Law Of One.
The Law Of One is the original scriptures that ALL current religions have evolved from, though unlike organised religion it has been unadulterated and free from all distortions included in our present books of religion, designed purely to control the masses.
The first and foremost law is "Free Will" not though shalt NOT!!
edit on 3-6-2011 by CouncilOfNine because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by DB340
reply to post by TheOrangeBrood

... and which in turn means that it goes against the grain. According to the dictionary; an error is: the condition of deviating from accuracy or correctness, as in belief, action, or speech.

We can apply this to homosexuality, can we not?

Are you saying that heterosexuals are made accurate/correct? No-one's perfect, love.

The history of the word 'error', is also interesting: error, c.1300, "a wandering, straying, mistake," from errare "to wander" (see err). Words for "error" in most I.E. languages originally meant "wander, go astray"

Again, we can apply this to the homosexual 'error', no?

Not necessarily, if it's the path we were destined/programmed to take.

I understand why you say that it cannot be an error because it has repeated over thousands of years in many species (as we learn from our source
), but I fear that you think either I have something against gays (which I have categorically stated more than once, is not the case), or that I have a God-like complex. Neither is true.

Observably, homosexuality results in non-reproduction. For this reason, if we 'soft' generation of Earthlings encourage it (such as gay marriage and gay adoption), surely it can only expand, no?

No! You can't just alter mass numbers of people's sexuality just by accepting homosexuality exists and welcoming those people into society. I don't think anyone is encouraging/endorsing it, we just need to lose the prejudice. All you may encourage is for gay people to come out of the closet and live happier lives. Better that than store all those pent up feelings, have unhappy marriages and raise f'd up kids. Or commit suicide.

I'm sure our world will not be taken over by homosexuals (we'd die out before that could technically happen, right?), let's not be silly and exagerate to extremes, but to deny this is to deny an obvious fact; not my opinion, but a fact. Good luck living on another planet full of men! How many generations will it la... oh, one.

What is a fact? Oh, and where are the lesbians on this planet full of men?

Now for goodness sake, if I take the topic title into consideration, Being Gay is a Gift from God, it is no doubt the church's way of welcoming all kinds of people. I support that.

However, on the side and completely irrelevent I am aware, is my opinion that I find gay behaviour (the exagerated silly walking and talking type), vile. But I don't lose sleep over it and I never reflect my opinions in society, with or without gay people present.

Can we leave it at that? Or not...
edit on 3-6-2011 by DB340 because: (no reason given)

Not just yet it seems!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Have you read the story of Jonathan and David? How about Naomi and Ruth?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

"Animals don't have hate, religion or politics". Think about that. My animals love me unconditionally, they don't need religion, and they aren't politically motivated. Awesome! I'm sorry you didn't evolve from an animal.
edit on 3-6-2011 by aero56 because: more info

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
No Christian Church should accept Gays. As it is wrong and they are ednorsing it.....you dont hate speech them as the bible tells you not too. You treat them Kindly like any other human being , however , you dont endorse their actions. You tell them it is wrong , you dont say its a Gift from God ...because it isnt.

Your right , the Bible even tells us MANY THINGS ARE KEPT FROM MAN. We are sinners and inperfect we have no right to learn of it until we are perfect...like God. We sinned , he didnt. Therefore we wait and suffer through this life (Wasnt intended , but men had free will , good chance God knew what would happen , regardless he gave us a chance and we messed it up.)

The Key of Solomon , is very interesting. However , there is a reason it isnt the bible , as it would confuse believers because Jesus has kept things secret until we are with him again. He wants us to focus on him our intercessor to God instead of Magick and the spirit world.

Also , the Bible tells us everything we need to know about God. If you read the Bible...you know our God.

To the poster below me , God hates Sin. No the person.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
I remember when I was a kid, I was watching the news one day and there was this kid in Seattle by the name of Bible Jim, he would always be preaching the bible on the sidewalk in Seattle on Sunday's. I was hearing his preaches on the news kind of awd struck by this kid preaching the bible and finally he said "God hates gays!"

I didn't know god hates, but according to bible Jim he does, I don't think god is much of a fan of gays however.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

No Christian church should accept bigots either.
But guess what........

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Its wrong , we are to tell you its wrong. It is wrong.

You shouldnt do it. I dont play that political correctness stuff. Your in the wrong. Dont do it if you got a problem with being in the wrong.

Here let me show you.

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,

For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

The sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine,

There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor? ( IM NOT JUDGING YOU AS A BAD PERSON , EVERYONE SINS , HOMOSEXUALITY IS A SIN)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by DB340

Remember when I asked you for a source? Nice deflection.

While you're in the dictionary, look up these terms, let me know what you find out about yourself and get back to me:

Complacency
Arrogance
Ignorance
Fabrication
Inflammation

Originally posted by milkyway12
Its wrong , we are to tell you its wrong. It is wrong.

You shouldnt do it. I dont play that political correctness stuff. Your in the wrong. Dont do it if you got a problem with being in the wrong.

Here let me show you.

If a man lies with a male as with a woman, both of them have committed an abomination; they shall surely be put to death; their blood is upon them.

Or do you not know that the unrighteous will not inherit the kingdom of God? Do not be deceived: neither the sexually immoral, nor idolaters, nor adulterers, nor men who practice homosexuality,

For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

You shall not lie with a male as with a woman; it is an abomination.

The sexually immoral, men who practice homosexuality, enslavers, liars, perjurers, and whatever else is contrary to sound doctrine,

There is only one lawgiver and judge, he who is able to save and to destroy. But who are you to judge your neighbor? ( IM NOT JUDGING YOU AS A BAD PERSON , EVERYONE SINS , HOMOSEXUALITY IS A SIN)

Oh, please.

Stop preaching out of a book that you have clearly never read.

Unless, of course, you sold your daughter into slavery for 6 years and humbly allowed her to serve until the seventh and not allowed her to behave as freely as the menservants behave as she is merely a female servant. (Exodus 21)

I have read 4 version of this "holy" book. Try me.

P.S. I challenge you to search for the word "homosexual" in a Bible that was published before the 50s. Then again, you obviously haven't even read ONE version of the bible, so I expect nothing but more nonsensical regurgitation of what your uneducated pastor spits out.
edit on 3-6-2011 by TheOrangeBrood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Being alive as anybody is a gift from God. It's what you decide to do with what you are given that matters. Not what your own personal beliefs are about yourself.

You have been given free will, to express who you are.

Choose wisley.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by britt
No, gay people don't choose to be gay, but they choose to act on it. quote]

So your saying you want us to be someone were not? ok then why dont you be gay and ill be strait why dont you try that ill walk in your shoes and you walk in mine...See how it feels to know something you have no controll over is suposedly your choice and your bad for it because the people who arnt cant FEEL what you can that they cant tell you dont controll it...untill (as alot of people have said) science came along and said:

Biological models of sex tend to view love as a mammalian drive, much like hunger or thirst.[13] Helen Fisher, a leading expert in the topic of love, divides the experience of love into three partly overlapping stages: lust, attraction, and attachment. Lust exposes people to others; romantic attraction encourages people to focus their energy on mating; and attachment involves tolerating the spouse (or indeed the child) long enough to rear a child into infancy.

Lust is the initial passionate sexual desire that promotes mating, and involves the increased release of chemicals such as testosterone and estrogen. These effects rarely last more than a few weeks or months. Attraction is the more individualized and romantic desire for a specific candidate for mating, which develops out of lust as commitment to an individual mate forms. Recent studies in neuroscience have indicated that as people fall in love, the brain consistently releases a certain set of chemicals, including pheromones, dopamine, norepinephrine, and serotonin, which act in a manner similar to amphetamines, stimulating the brain's pleasure center and leading to side effects such as increased heart rate, loss of appetite and sleep, and an intense feeling of excitement. Research has indicated that this stage generally lasts from one and a half to three years.[14]

Since the lust and attraction stages are both considered temporary, a third stage is needed to account for long-term relationships. Attachment is the bonding that promotes relationships lasting for many years and even decades. Attachment is generally based on commitments such as marriage and children, or on mutual friendship based on things like shared interests. It has been linked to higher levels of the chemicals oxytocin and vasopressin to a greater degree than short-term relationships have.[14] Enzo Emanuele and coworkers reported the protein molecule known as the nerve growth factor (NGF) has high levels when people first fall in love, but these return to previous levels after one year.[15]

Meaning that you dont controll it, If you think you can "mate" with someone then you want to "Mate" with them.
edit on 6/3/11 by Solsthime331 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by milkyway12

I don't want to be disrespectful, and I can't see how this won't LOOK that way, but how can a book written by men possibly contain the word of God? You can't tell me that all throughout history this book has come down generation through generation unchanged and there has been no stretching of the truth and not ascribing to someone's prejudice?

I can not bring myself to follow any man (or woman) who speaks for God. And I certainly can't follow a God who allows His "followers" to mistreat people in His name. Anyone saying that God or Jesus thinks that homosexuals are evil or wrong shouldn't be throwing those judgmental stones in their glass house. Treat them as you'd want to be treated and let God deal with the judgment if that's what ends up happening.

Love thy neighbor as thyself. Do unto others as you'd have done to you. And treat others with kindness as they might someday do the same to you.

These are all tenets in every major religion. The golden rule is the one rule that is common to every religion. So why don't people follow it? If people were to follow the golden rule, you wouldn't need religion. You know how people should be treated because YOU would want to be treated just like that.

THAT is why I don't have religion and THAT is why there is no God. God wouldn't allow all these evil things that people do to happen. If he could stop it but didn't, he'd be malicious. If he couldn't stop it, he wouldn't be all powerful. And if he was able to and willing to, then why does so much evil exist? Why would you even call him God? Such a creature is not to be worshiped because He does not exist and all the folks following this magical book of stories are living a lie.

Follow your God if you will, but the second you act counter to His teachings according to your books and scriptures, I'll give you this speech.

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join