It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Gay is a Gift from God

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:04 AM
link   
All PEOPLE are gifts from God which He gave as a gift to each other..

Sexuality is not the whole part of being human but a sideline..

Jesus said "Judge not, lest Ye be judged"

Therefore we are not here to judge but to love one another..

You cannot answer for someone elses sin, you will have your own to answer for, so instead of judging folks, then love them because

"love covers a multitude of sins"..

Especially your own.

We have all sinned, we all sin still everyday... Yes even those self righteous christians..

Thank God for Jesus huh!!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by AwareOfSurroundings

Originally posted by Vitchilo

Originally posted by Hillbilly123069
People said it was ok. God said it isn't. Choice, as any other temptation, you have a choice to rebuke or give in. Yes, it is a choice. It is a violent battle for your soul everyday. The devil will throw everything he has to distract you. The biggest trick he's pulled off to date is get people to forget.

God didn't say squat. Religious people said God said this. You bible followers need to learn that the bible is a work of fiction. God didn't write it.

People back in the day believe in the bible because they were uneducated and didn't see the holes and contradictions. Well guess what, now people do so organized religion, especially when it's filled with corrupt and pedophile people is falling.

Guess why the church have a big following in Africa? People are uneducated. Guess why the muslim fate as a huge following in the middle-east? People are uneducated.

Simple as that.

You deserve to be kicked off of this Earth. You are going to HELL. You are one of the many reasons why this country is falling apart. YOU are un-educated because you were brought up by the school system (having the government brainwash you into what they want you to think.) You think your free? HUH. You have a lot to learn, and I don't care what you say. You don't know anything obviously.

Wow... that's pretty judgmental. According to the Bible we all deserve to go to hell, and guess what?! THAT INCLUDES YOU TOO.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
We are only born with the desire to get fed and eventually procreate.

All else is a man made fairy tale.

If humans lived by natures rules, males would aggressively attack females for sex. We formed societal rules long ago to prevent ourselves from the bias and raw rules of nature.

As long as people are living within the rules of society, so that certain rules of nature are offset enough to allow us to survive peacefully, why would anyone care what people do involving pleasures of the flesh? I know the answer...

Men that dont get women or have had woman "stolen" from them by more attractive members of society are the ones perpetuating negative attributes towards gays. They are jealous and in turn blame others for their shortcomings.

Half of the men who ridicule gays have had homo sexual experiences in their youth anyway, Just look at the facts - I know these facts are uncomfortable to people afraid of "totally gay people" but the truths the truth.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
Of course being gay can be a gift from God, if one assumes more sacred roles.

God made Adam (man) for his own pleasure!
Eve was made for the pleasure of man, but that was just a little gift.

The male God loves the homoerotic and homosocial relationship between Himself and His male devotees.
It cannot be sexual, but is very intensely male-to-male.

Outside the gnostic heresies, Jesus lived unmarried with male devotees.

Jesus also said that not all men should marry, and some are made "eunuchs" in the womb (which mirrors some of the latest findings on homosexuality). (Matt 19:12)

The homoerotic content of the Bible is so intense that it must actively preclude sexual relationships between men.
Without those anti-homo-sexual-behavior verses it would have been a total orgy.

A woman is only to stop men burning from lust, and let him who has not a wife not take one.
So after a day of homoerotic contact with their god-brothers, the men could relieve their physical "tension" with a woman.
A small price to pay for hours of philosophizing, fishing, bathing, prayer and contemplation with other young men.

And then of course the elect in Revelation (14:4) are men who are virgins, and "not defiled" by women.
Men in heterosexual relationships are not the elect.
The Bible tells us so.

The gay man who turns spiritual is the perfect and superior devotee.
God is male, so the attraction is easily felt.
So yes, it is a big gift from God to be gay.

The contents of the Bible are certainly far from a heterosexual pride parade.
They should stop twisting it.
edit on 3-6-2011 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:35 AM
link   
the only choice is to choose to hate or choose to love.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by FuturePeace

Thats pretty much it!

I could never understand why people care so much the act of sex other than meeting their own desires. Its flesh, right?

The real perverts in this world are the ones who spend their time thinking of other people's sexual acts - and then try to make themselves feel better about it by outwardly denouncing it. I mean it is such a childish, see through tactic!

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Salamandy

Originally posted by FuturePeace

Thats pretty much it!

I could never understand why people care so much the act of sex other than meeting their own desires. Its flesh, right?

The real perverts in this world are the ones who spend their time thinking of other people's sexual acts - and then try to make themselves feel better about it by outwardly denouncing it. I mean it is such a childish, see through tactic!

My thoughts exactly. Love or hate. It's that simple.

When the dust settles, at least we'll know what side of the fence Christianity fell under.
edit on 3/6/2011 by rexusdiablos because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Those who live their lives by the bible, have been corrupted. How could a book define how you live? It's clearly a control mechanism, just like hawking said.

We need to stop this plague NOW. Why do we have to be such cruel animals to each other? Religion is the #1 enemy facing humanity today. In places where people die at every corner all of your life, putting faith in god lets men do cruel and unthinkable acts in the name of divinity.

Those responsible for spreading religion should be jailed on site, those jesus camps are not as christian as they seem, they are clearly a political recruiting campaign with god as the gift wrap.

Watch the movie Jesus Camp and you will learn for yourself. They are doing the same as the islamic camps, instead of putting rifles in their hands, they are putting THEIR political agendas in OUR childrens hands. We all know that the pen is mightier than the sword.

No god is worth worshiping when he has to recruit people to believe in him.

edit on 3-6-2011 by Jrocbaby because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   
See, I love when christians post on these kinds of threads saying 'OH ITS A SIN YOU'RE GOING TO HELL'.

When I think, I'm quite right in this, that no human is allowed to judge as God judges.

Don't speak for him, let him speak for himself.

As for the picture, I do believe they're doing their CHRISTIAN duty, accepting ALL of god's creations.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by codenameotacon89

Being born is a sin, the only way to cure yourself is to be reborn as a christian.

The punishment for sin, is death.

The bible tells them to kill everyone who is not like you, just like every other major religion.

Can't we just have a country wide bible burn? Ill start mine today, maybe It will spread

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 08:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Jrocbaby

Thus why I don't like to find myself in the 'religion factor'. I used to say I'm Christian, but this is just too much. Far, FAR too many hypocrisies. 'Treat everyone as if they're equal, but only if they're _____' doesn't fit the bill anymore.

However, bible burning? I don't feel like being lashed to a cross. Those Christians can get rather medieval in their hatred sometimes.

General statement:

Another thing that really ticks me off is that they all live in the old testament when they feel like it, and use things like Leviticus to 'affirm' their beliefs.

There WAS a new testament, you know, with like... Jesus and everything. Telling you not to judge.

He who cast the first stone, is born without sin.

From what I recall, no one cast the first stone.

So who gives us the right to judge those who live a different lifestyle? I mean really, that's like me judging someone to be inbred just because they have a family in the countryside.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by halfoldman

You are very perverted, disgusting and spiritually dead.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by soaringhawk

I saw none of that in his post.

Perhaps these are projections

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by codenameotacon89
reply to post by Jrocbaby

Thus why I don't like to find myself in the 'religion factor'. I used to say I'm Christian, but this is just too much. Far, FAR too many hypocrisies. 'Treat everyone as if they're equal, but only if they're _____' doesn't fit the bill anymore.

However, bible burning? I don't feel like being lashed to a cross. Those Christians can get rather medieval in their hatred sometimes.

General statement:

Another thing that really ticks me off is that they all live in the old testament when they feel like it, and use things like Leviticus to 'affirm' their beliefs.

There WAS a new testament, you know, with like... Jesus and everything. Telling you not to judge.

He who cast the first stone, is born without sin.

From what I recall, no one cast the first stone.

So who gives us the right to judge those who live a different lifestyle? I mean really, that's like me judging someone to be inbred just because they have a family in the countryside.

What do you think about Romans, even the book of John where it says if you continue sinning you do not know God?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Try NOT sinning...

Remember

As a Christian you are not judged by what you do but the intent of your heart...

Jesus said, "If you hate your brother then you have already committed murder", "If you even lust after a woman/man then you have already committed adultery"

Thus you are judged by the intent of your heart, not by what you do, and if that is not for love, but for some human bias, hatred, intolerance, etc... Then you do not have God either..

Many are called but few are chosen...

Would you rather be raptured off this earth in tribulation or show Gods children His love??

You cannot say you honour God unless you honour those made in His Image..

Think on that for a while
edit on 3-6-2011 by TransJenny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:09 AM
link   
I can't comprehend how people can't see that "God" is but the personification of the superego/conscience.

It can be replaced with this term in every instance on this thread.

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
If people think that being gay is a choice, wouldn't you have to actually BE gay to truthfully answer that question? Because unless you are gay and have made that choice for yourself then you can only assume it is a choice.
So, anyone in this thread who is gay......is it a choice?

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by TransJenny
reply to post by 547000

Try NOT sinning...

Remember

As a Christian you are not judged by what you do but the intent of your heart...

Jesus said, "If you hate your brother then you have already committed murder", "If you even lust after a woman/man then you have already committed adultery"

Thus you are judged by the intent of your heart, not by what you do, and if that is not for love, but for some human bias, hatred, intolerance, etc... Then you do not have God either..

Many are called but few are chosen...

Would you rather be raptured off this earth in tribulation or show Gods children His love??

You cannot say you honour God unless you honour those made in His Image..

Think on that for a while
edit on 3-6-2011 by TransJenny because: (no reason given)

Having a knowledge of scripture and saying that some actions are sins is not hate. People seem to think that saying what they do are sins is a sign of hatred. It is not. Even Paul said homosexuality was not a good thing. Is he so biased he had not God?
edit on 3-6-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by tamusan

Haha, yes, more for us all.

Back on topic, this billboard actually makes me want to attend the church. As well, I don't believe the Church is saying "Gay is a gift", but rather the person is a gift from god, no matter what he or she may be interested in.

There is a hell of a lot worse in the world, such as hardcore druggies, pedophiles, and rapists, so why on Earth would we bitch and moan about the gay community?

@Tamusan, the only part of this that targets you is the first sentence, cause I thought what you said was hilarious
edit on 3-6-2011 by abaraikenshi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 3 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
I have a couple more comments to make about this. As I said in my OP, I do not believe in the God of the bible, and I am not a Christian. So, I don't think being gay is a gift from God. I don't think it's a choice either, but either way, ALL life is precious.

I started this thread because I was pleasantly surprised to see a church with the guts to have a billboard such as this. The catch-phrase may not be the best, but the message that it sends is a good one in my opinion. I made a huge mistake in thinking that this billboard and it's message of acceptance would be a nice change from all the gay bashing. Boy, was I ever wrong.

This thread alone proves to me that Christians can be some of the most bigoted, hateful, intolerant, discriminatory. judgmental, condescending, and just plain old rude people I've ever come across. I am so glad I do not follow a religion that would turn me into such a miserable person. You all can continue to argue till the cows come home as far as I'm concerned. ( and take note that I said SOME Christians, not ALL, so you can't rag on me for that.)

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join