It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Gay is a Gift from God

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Syyth007

But it all boils down to sexual attraction. Laws established by humans are the only reason that pedophilia is shunned.

Once again, I'm not advocating child exploitation, but I have a theory that's probably been brought up thousands of times: Maybe these certain preferences are nature's way of hindering population growth? Think about it...Prepubescent children are (usually) unable to achieve pregnancy, while men are also (obviously) unable to achieve pregnancy.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by mahoosta

I honestly have no clue, but continuing the line of reason...it goes a long way to explain population control via thimerosal (half mercury straight into the bloodstream) ... in a more subtle way then..."they're trying to kill us ALL!!!" type of thingie.

I think that while we may think that gays showed up around that time, it really could have been with us long before. We truly know so little of history at this point.

Have actually been wanting to publish a paper on the subject. I've got a bit more rolling around the mind on it. I keep having these insights that later become published papers/studies years later. It's time to put my GED education to the test, LOL!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
btw..that situation can be reversed as well. if theres a "gay" girl in the club she can just as easily be seduced by a dude. pure physical attraction can take place and they can end up sleeping together. guaranteed.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by smartbuddy

Lol how dumb can people be saying 'being gay is a choice!'? The only way thats true is if everyone is attracted to both males and females and they decide that they are just going to pretend to only be attracted to one sex, but deep down they also are attracted to the other sex still.

I am straiight and I get turned on by women. I have gay friends and they I can assure you are not attracted to women at all (and believe me hot girls do try!) and bisexual friends I have are attracted to both, sometimes having a preference from one to the other or sometimes none at all. You dont choose who you are attracted to, otherwise why would anyone care about looks? Because we are ALL attracted to different things including different sexes, races, features etc.

People who say 'being gay is a choice' themselves must be bisexual as they obviously seem to think its a choice what sex you are attracted to and thus you must be attracted to both sexes if you seem to think that you indeed make a choice. So to everyone who says this im sorry, but deep down you are bisexual
because you obviously had to make the choice to be straight, instead of for example me who was born striaght because women are the only sex I find attractive, I didnt choose to like women its been in me since I was young and always fancied girls and women
edit on 02/02/1987 by clintdelicious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by open_eyeballs
btw..that situation can be reversed as well. if theres a "gay" girl in the club she can just as easily be seduced by a dude. pure physical attraction can take place and they can end up sleeping together. guaranteed.

Let me repeat. I have been following this subject for 20+ years.

EVERY BI person I've talked to stated they have a definite physical attraction to one gender or the other. A BI person knows if they are gay or straight - - - even if they still enjoy sex with either gender.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maslo
reply to post by banandar123

I dont know whether pedophiles are born that way, or maybe it is hardwired sometime after birth. But I dont think it is a choice, either. Nobody can choose who he is attracted to.

Well in my opinion, you slightly contradicted yourself with that statement. I believe that there are many (maybe even the majority of) pedophiles who were molested as children themselves, and therefore, as adults, mimic the behavior of molesting children.

Then, there are probably many pedophiles who weren't molested, but were simply born that way. After all, why did the first pedophile in history molest a child, since there were no pedophiles before him to molest him/her?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by loucares
reply to post by banandar123

The difference is that children can't consent to sex. Pedophiles might be born with an attraction to children, like any fetish, but pedophilia is obviously wrong because its rape. There's nothing wrong with having a consentual sexual encounter with another adult, of either gender. Its the same thing when idiots say, "if gay marriage is legalized then next people will marry animals." No, because that's animal abuse and animals can't consent to marriage. In fact all the arguments against gay marriage are easily refuted. It all comes down to religious people trying to "save" others, but I think they really just don't want to see gay couples in public and they are filled with hatred toward them. So its really the religious folks who have serious problems.

I'm not talking about 10 year olds here. I'm talking about anyone old enough to know better regardless of human laws. There are definitely "children" out there who are more mature than any adult you can find.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
reply to post by Immortalgemini527

What is God trying to show a child who has childhood leukemia then?
What lesson is he teaching a child who is born with cerebral palsy?
Or does God just use illness to teach gays a lesson and all other illnesses just "happen"

To be honest, the past generations of life that have done wrong trickles down the family line of life, and it is really nothing much a human can do once the bloodline is tainted with evil and uncivil actions in the past.

link   
reply to post by Annee

doesnt matter how long uve studied it. u cant deny logic. ill agree that some people (through environment mostly. we are the product of our environment. look around you. thats proven every day) have a propensity to lean one way or the other. Naturally if a little boy grows up around all gay males in a camp with only males (for arguments sake) he will end up being gay. thats logic.

probably in the same way that a male that is shunned by females his whole life will probably end up with another dude...where he can relate and feel welcomed and loved. again. fine by me! doesnt do me any harm.

link   
reply to post by Annee

I think you are misinterperating this. Bi people may lean slightly or a lot to one side, but they are still sexually attracted tio the other sex so they can not be only staright or gay. Many bi people actually are equally attracted o both male and femals physically, but they might for example prefer women just because women in general are more sensative. When Bi people tend to prefer one sex its usually not down to physical attraction, but actually personality traights which they are generalising about each sex. Similarly sometimes they may be with a man or a women and this may make them seem straight or gay, but the fact is that the persons personality is what they like and they cant exactly have a bf and a gf at the same time now can they?
edit on 02/02/1987 by clintdelicious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Thanks for being honest. I've actually heard that before so I have no doubt you actually believe that. It's just weird to me how people talk about how great God is and how people that don't believe in him are "missing out" but then they say things like this and it just makes his look like a dick. I wonder if ignorance is something he uses to punish people?

*edit* I have thought about your statement and I might see where you are coming from. This may explain why Catholic Priests are to remain celibate. I'd hate to see what God would have in store for the offspring of a bunch of gay, child rapists.
edit on 2-6-2011 by MJZoo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by smartbuddy
reply to post by virraszto

Yes it is a sin. No-one is born gay. Being gay is a choice.

The Bible is very clear on this matter both in the Old and New Testament.
When Adam and Eve brought sin into the world everyone has urges that is sinful, that is why if you have a relationship with Jesus Christ, He can help you overcome your sinful urges.

God loves all sinners and wants to save sinners from themselves but its your choice.

Just like you choose to be right or left handed... I totally agree...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Gay actually means happy.... so it might be a little play on words to get attention... just a thought...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Here's a simple end to these assumptions. Prove your claim that homosexuality is a choice. Legitimate links to scientific research, other sources, etc, will either make known what you're claiming, or will prove false what you're claiming.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by arbitrarygeneraiist
reply to post by open_eyeballs

Here's a simple end to these assumptions. Prove your claim that homosexuality is a choice. Legitimate links to scientific research, other sources, etc, will either make known what you're claiming, or will prove false what you're claiming.

Just because something isn't proved true doesn't mean it's proved false.
Like how that works?

*edit* FWIW, I don't believe it's a choice.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by banandar123
Kinda off-topic, but I've always wondered what the "homosexuals are born that way" crowd thinks about pedophiles. Are they born that way too? I mean, both boil down to physical attraction, so what's the difference?

PS---Not condoning child exploitation at all, just curious as to how it's any different.

One is a mental illness that hurts others, one is a hormonal imbalance that doesn't hurt anybody.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by tamusan
Their choice to be gay is a gift to me. In the form of an extra female, from each of them, in the mate pond for me. Whether I was blessed with this by a God or not is yet another debate.

I like your thinking, but you're forgetting that more or less half of all gay people are women! (probably slightly more than half, as per the female population. )

Gay people/animals are part of nature. They occur. And I (incidentally am gay) believe we are a gift to society. Imagine if everyone could procreate, there would be too many offspring to take care of! Maybe gay instincts among certain creatures was natures way of saying, ok, you weren't meant to have kids, but you'll be a great help to your sisters and brothers when they need a break. You're a natural teacher and an upstanding member of the community. you're a creative thinker and can help humanity get over some of the obstacles its facing. You're good fun, good at entertaining, artistic, whatever. Not meaning to stereotype us (Who would do the flower arranging, hairdressing and act in musicals?!) but there are a great deal more facets to humanity than simply reproducing. How boring if that were so. And yes, also the argument that we are here to learn something about ourselves, overcome prejudices, teach love, etc etc. Being gay, as is being straight, as is life, is a gift.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by grahag

Originally posted by smartbuddy

Yes it is a sin. No-one is born gay. Being gay is a choice.

The Bible is very clear on this matter both in the Old and New Testament.
When Adam and Eve brought sin into the world everyone has urges that is sinful, that is why if you have a relationship with Jesus Christ, He can help you overcome your sinful urges.

God loves all sinners and wants to save sinners from themselves but its your choice.

Just like you choose to be right or left handed... I totally agree...

That isn't really a good analogy, humans are left or right handed because they are use to it. We were designoided into being fluent with both hands.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Thanks for being honest. I've actually heard that before so I have no doubt you actually believe that. It's just weird to me how people talk about how great God is and how people that don't believe in him are "missing out" but then they say things like this and it just makes his look like a dick. I wonder if ignorance is something he uses to punish people?

Is called free will before Eve bit the apple.
Its now called you understand right from wrong after she bit the apple.

I remember one day I was talking to the mother of all life, I asked her, will Hitler get into heaven.

She replied
Jesus died for our sins, not for us TO sin.
Immortal, only the blind will make it to heaven.

It is a big difference between being racist and acting racist immortal.

The ones that are being racist will all make it to heaven, but the ones that know its wrong to be racist and and act upon on being racist will go straight down stairs with there racist daddy.

You see immortal; it is a big difference with knowing what you do and not knowing what you do.
It is a big difference from knowing right and wrong.

dont ever fill that its god faulght on anything that happens,humans make there own choices in life,not god.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

*edit* I have thought about your statement and I might see where you are coming from. This may explain why Catholic Priests are to remain celibate. I'd hate to see what God would have in store for the offspring of a bunch of gay, child rapists.

The churches have blood on there hand too, from past uncivil things that they have done under the name of god for god and with god.The blood line runs thick from generation to generation,some run good,some run bad.

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join