It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Being Gay is a Gift from God

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Glass

Are you heterosexual? If so, why?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Soldier of God

You are equating an addictive substance to a sexual preference, I don't really need to point out how asinine that analogy is. Being gay has not affected my logical thinking or reasoning, in fact its only improved it since ive been OPEN about it. Ive also become more accepting of others (cause who the hell likes a hypocrite right?), Ive become more comfortable with myself and around others giving me more self confidence to do things that before I normally would of been too timid to do. The act of hiding who you are is perhaps related to mental illnesses and a form of self brainwashing in a way in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soldier of God

Originally posted by ELahrairah
To believe it is a choice is insane.
Who would choose to face ridicule and violence?
If it was a choice then people would choose to be heterosexual
so they would not have to continually be attacked.
The idea that it is a choice sounds like recycled religious propaganda.

Why do addicts continue using? Why would alcoholics continue drinking? Do they know it's harmful? Do they know they will lose their family, job, home, and life... yes. But for some reason they just continue to do these things, why???
Because it's a sickness just like homosexuallity. So get out of here with the old "no one would ever choose to be gay" argument.

Since when does being gay destroy your job, family, home, life and health? How is being gay harmful? To compare homosexuality to a substance addiction is completely illogical and ridiculous. You are also wrong about addicts knowing that they will lose their family, home, et al.. because they are blinded by their addiction and in denial. I come from a family of alcoholics, so I know what I'm talking about. You couldn't be more wrong.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Katerna

I don't believe in the Bible or the Christian god. But for people that do, sorry, but it really does condemn homosexuality.

"If there is a man who lies with a male as those who lie with a woman, both of them have committed a detestable act; they shall surely be put to death."

Perhaps, but this statement doesn't hold true for me, as my boyfriend does not have a vagina! I definitely do not lie with him like I lie with a girl, it is definitely a different thing than a heterosexual relationship.
edit on 2-6-2011 by TheLastStand because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Addictions are a compulsion. They are not a sexual orientation. Big difference.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by smartbuddy
LOL No-one is born gay. Being gay is a choice. ...... gods gift

edit on 1-6-2011 by smartbuddy because: (no reason given)

Sorry that is incorrect, the only "choice" is to hide ones Homosexuality or deny it. Still even when the choice has been made to hide ones orientation it doesn't charge the fact that they still are Gay.

link   

Originally posted by OptimusSubprime

Why do addicts continue using? Why would alcoholics continue drinking? Do they know it's harmful? Do they know they will lose their family, job, home, and life... yes. But for some reason they just continue to do these things, why???
Because it's a sickness just like homosexuallity. So get out of here with the old "no one would ever choose to be gay" argument.

Since when does being gay destroy your job, family, home, life and health? How is being gay harmful? To compare homosexuality to a substance addiction is completely illogical and ridiculous. You are also wrong about addicts knowing that they will lose their family, home, et al.. because they are blinded by their addiction and in denial. I come from a family of alcoholics, so I know what I'm talking about. You couldn't be more wrong.

It is harmful, but only because of people like the guy who you are responding to and because of people like the op of this thread. That is how it harms people. Yeah it does cost us things but we refuse to let a handful of bigots dictate how we lead our lives. Save yourself, leave the rest of us alone.

link   

Originally posted by Glass

Your opinion disgusts me. Its people like you who are causing harm, not an individual's sexuality.

Why do theists continue believing? Do they know it's harmful? Do they know that they are causing pain to innocent people by preaching their hateful filth?

Causing pain is the gay lifestyle twisting peoples opinions of what is moral and what isn't. Why are you all so angry, don't you know it's now "cool to be gay"?
You should all be happy or gay.

link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

Are you responding to a post of mine? Which one?

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Does anyone here understand/overstand the metaphysics of existence? Life is a huge experience. We've all walked or will walk the paths of being this or that, black or white, gay or gtraight, crack head, dope fiend, dog, cat, bird, plane, house bricks,rocks, planets and whatnot. Just live and let live. It's Gregorian year 2011 and people are still doped up with the fallacies of religious doctrine. It's all metaphysical teachings that many aren't willing to think out of a certain set of rules to overstand. LIVE AND LET LIVE! And do it all over again until you remember who you truly are.
edit on 2-6-2011 by sixneuproele because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by TheLastStand

I think you have responded to the wrong person, friend.

link   

Originally posted by aero56
reply to post by Glass

Are you heterosexual? If so, why?

I am not. Refer to my post on Page 5 if you want to see my stance on the matter.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

We would all be happy if people like you would keep your hate speech and opinions to yourself, just as most of us would prefer the racists out there do the same with their dim-witted world view and twisted reality. Seriously the rapture is coming --> so good bye! I don't want to go to your heaven sounds like hell anyways.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLastStand

We would all be happy if people like you would keep your hate speech and opinions to yourself, just as most of us would prefer the racists out there do the same with their dim-witted world view and twisted reality. Seriously the rapture is coming --> so good bye! I don't want to go to your heaven sounds like hell anyways.

Unless you repent from your sin you won't anyway.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Glass

Originally posted by jonobot654
I would have gone into that church and asked where it is said in the bible that backs up their billboard.. i see mention of Adam and Eve in replys but also think i should point out Sodom and Gomorrah.

In Christianity and Islamic traditions, Sodom and Gomorrah have become synonymous with impenitent sin, and their fall with a proverbial manifestation of God's wrath.[Jude 1:7][1] Sodom and Gomorrah have also been used as metaphors for vice and homosexuality viewed as a deviation. The story has therefore given rise to words in several languages, including the English word "sodomy", used in so-called sodomy laws to describe sexual acts deemed unnatura

Sodom and Gomorrah were destroyed because its citizens attempted to rape and murder one of God's chosen people, not merely because of homosexual practise. The sins of Sodom and Gomorrah were far more numerous, and their aggression was their ultimate downfall.

If you carefully examine the bible, it says nothing directly against homosexuality. Only because some great sins are linked with homosexuality do most christians see homosexuality as a grave sin.

Prove me wrong.

Actually they were destroyed because a meteorite came down in the Alps.

www.universetoday.com...

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
I guess that church must of missed Romans 1...

18For the wrath of God is revealed from heaven against all ungodliness and unrighteousness of men, who by their unrighteousness suppress the truth. 19For what can be known about God is plain to them, because God has shown it to them. 20For his invisible attributes, namely, his eternal power and divine nature, have been clearly perceived, ever since the creation of the world, in the things that have been made. So they are without excuse. 21For although they knew God, they did not honor him as God or give thanks to him, but they became futile in their thinking, and their foolish hearts were darkened. 22Claiming to be wise, they became fools, 23and exchanged the glory of the immortal God for images resembling mortal man and birds and animals and creeping things.

24Therefore God gave them up in the lusts of their hearts to impurity, to the dishonoring of their bodies among themselves, 25because they exchanged the truth about God for a lie and worshiped and served the creature rather than the Creator, who is blessed forever! Amen. 26For this reason God gave them up to dishonorable passions. For their women exchanged natural relations for those that are contrary to nature; 27and the men likewise gave up natural relations with women and were consumed with passion for one another, men committing shameless acts with men and receiving in themselves the due penalty for their error.

28And since they did not see fit to acknowledge God, God gave them up to a debased mind to do what ought not to be done. 29They were filled with all manner of unrighteousness, evil, covetousness, malice. They are full of envy, murder, strife, deceit, maliciousness. They are gossips, 30slanderers, haters of God, insolent, haughty, boastful, inventors of evil, disobedient to parents, 31foolish, faithless, heartless, ruthless. 32Though they know God’s decree that those who practice such things deserve to die, they not only do them but give approval to those who practice them.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

Most gay males have been sexually abused.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   

Repent for yourself, you zionist surf religion chaste puppet!

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jay Electronica

Actually I would say a fair number of them were, but then again there's a fair number who never were.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by smartbuddy
LOL No-one is born gay. Being gay is a choice. ...... gods gift

edit on 1-6-2011 by smartbuddy because: (no reason given)

What a crock.

People are born the way they are and you can't force it or change it.
All you can do is cover it up.

I think I would stop short of saying it is a gift exactly though since being born male or female is not a gift it is a happenstance and they both have their advantages and disadvantages. Your life itself is the gift. Your sex is a coincidence.

What you see and interact with are "the gifts."

Your sex is what you have hanging off your body combined with your innate nature.

It is a crap shoot.
Lets hope they match.

But if by some luck of the draw they don't match

lets not blame God

lets not blame parents

lets not blame anyone.

Just deal. It isn't painful. You are not alone.

We all have other things to worry about.

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join