It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rapper Makes More Sense Than All Poiliticains

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Im a big fan of rap and have been for around 15 years. I like a lot of different types of rap, but I think alot of people neglect to listen to the stuff the MSM never play. This is a video by Immortale Technique who raps about social inequality and conspiracies in the government amongst other things, but heres an interview with him. Show just how intelligent a man he is, if Lil Wayne was asked the first question he would be stumbling about like a blind man in a trance

www.youtube.com...

here is a good song by him as well

www.youtube.com...

although do not think its just underground rappers that make political stances, Eminem, 2pac and Ice Cube have done it many time before, especially with the Bush era for Eminem. In fact Bush once said Eminem was the worst thing to hit America since heroin!!

Just shows that not all of rap is commerical B.S rapping about how much money and bling they own, yet that's the crap that gets the most air time.

is it a case of TPTB trying to use rap as a distraction by giving more air time to the nonsense and more or less silencing the true rappers? I mean 2pac was killed under very strange circumstances, but if that were the case I am sure Immortale Tech would have been crucified by now

For some reason my embeding is not working so here is the links instead, sorry about that
edit on 1-6-2011 by thedarktower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Here's some more to add to that:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Everyone in the world is becoming more and more aware of whats going on now. S&F. Also, have you seen this video by B.O.B (Another famous rapper who talks about the kind of stuff we ATS'ers talk about) about depopulation?

edit on 1-6-2011 by Vandettas because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
You should really give these songs a listen to....
Streets on Fire
Put you on Game
Words I Never Said
Little weapon
BMF
Dumb It Down

All of these by Lupe Fiasco. There are some powerful political messages in them.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
So what do you think of these guys - The Local Onlyz
They sound like they get it

Kings Among Clowns by theLocalOnlyz
soundcloud.com...

Partial performance clip:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Here's some more to add to that:

thanks for that, never seen them before, brilliant

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Area51NightStandx

I've listened to Lupe Fiasco's song "All Black Everything" before, and its a song that really makes you wonder, and really has a strong meaning. That guy is very inspirational. Although thats the only song I've ever heard by him, I'll have to listen to those you just listed.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandettas

If you do get a chance to download any of them, Streets on Fire is the one you have to hear. Hes talking about the end of the world. Put you on Game is really good too, he talks about the corruption of money in the world

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Area51NightStandx
You should really give these songs a listen to....
Streets on Fire
Put you on Game
Words I Never Said
Little weapon
BMF
Dumb It Down

All of these by Lupe Fiasco. There are some powerful political messages in them.

some really good stuff there, thanks

top topics

join