It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YF-24 and YF-25(X-02)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 03:11 PM
link   
I posted this thread in RATS forum for expert help, but I did not seem to be getting it.

Please if anyone knew members have everyseen or heard anything about the YF-24 and YF-25, I would appreciate it that you would respond.

I know that the YF-25 is a combonation of the YF-23 BlackWidow II and the YF-22 Raptor and was redesignated as the X-02 and has remained a testbed for further technologies.

The YF-24, very little is known about it, but it is an advanced version of the YF-23 BlackWidow II and has been cancelled due to heavy money consumption.

These all come from an enclosed source of mine that I am not sure of and can not confirm. If anyone finds any information backing up this information, I will reveal the source, if not, there is no point in my mind to do so.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
I don't know, but it sounds like BS to me. There is no reason to be building a future fighter aircraft when the raptor isn't even in full service.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
also how they gona combine two similar very aircraft?
i mean the YF23 is a bigger version of the F22 just ,well better.
also i mean does this mean the YF23's manovourability is upgraded?

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:38 PM
link   
It makes plenty of sense to enhance something when a lesser version is not in full service, that way you keep bombarding the enemy with even more advanced technology as time goes, you do not let up.

This is how you win a war. Always being a step ahead, or maybe 5

Well yes, these two aircraft are supposed to be advanced versions, but the YF-23 BlackWidow II is not an enchanced version of the YF-22 Raptor, for the BlackWidow II came at the same time, both aircraft developed by two different parties.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by ShatteredSkies
It makes plenty of sense to enhance something when a lesser version is not in full service, that way you keep bombarding the enemy with even more advanced technology as time goes, you do not let up.

not when you can't get the money to build half the number that you wanted, though I wouldn't e shoked to know that there are plans to start a new program.

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Well if they are developing these fighters they need to cancell them and divert the funds to the Raptor. congress has cut the program to only 220 F/A-22's! We need more, allot more and not a new program

posted on Aug, 6 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by roniii259
Well if they are developing these fighters they need to cancell them and divert the funds to the Raptor. congress has cut the program to only 220 F/A-22's! We need more, allot more and not a new program

You do not speak, are you saying we put a halt to research so that we can put something less advanced in massed numbers?

Never take funds from advanced researches to build something less advanced.

Put your mind to work man.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Aug, 7 2004 @ 02:08 PM
link   
No they might continue the research to this future fighter and still produce the amount of Raptors needed cuz researching don't cost as much as producing. Devil the F-23 is not better than the raptor both planes have unique features.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 09:13 AM
link   
This entire concept is a red herring, there are no sources, nor would the contractors hand over proprietary information to the other for such a hybrid program. Money is also tight in Congress. The only place those aircraft will fly is in a fanciful flight sim.

posted on Aug, 8 2004 @ 10:03 AM
link   
I wouldn't call this BS exactly. It never hurts to look to the future. Plus the Raptor may have been more of a testing project to see if this could become a possibility. The F-23 would have been an awesome fighter but the F-22 is great in its own ways. Just think of the possibilties of a hybrid. Plus I had heard at another site that Congress has approved of a trillion dollars to go into the militaries R&D budget over the next decade or so. I don't know the details but a lot of cash is going into the R&D department.

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Never happening, the Aircraft apparently was a design concept from a contractor called EASA, but as you all know, there is no contractor called EASA.

A model is as real as this aircraft will ever be.

Click Here

Yea pretty much :/.

Shattered OUT...

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Is it possible they are all the same plane just like different models but the same general platform???

posted on Oct, 11 2004 @ 07:25 PM
link   
I told you so...

Sorry, I just had to say it

Originally posted by cyberdude78
Plus I had heard at another site that Congress has approved of a trillion dollars to go into the militaries R&D budget over the next decade or so. I don't know the details but a lot of cash is going into the R&D department.

More then that man - a trillion dollars over 10 years would probably be a preatty big decrease in R&D spending for the US.

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 12:55 AM
link   

I have a pretty picture ... thats about all ... you were right, there is NOTHING about the YF - 25

posted on Oct, 12 2004 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Of course research should continue, but even the most echnologically advanced plane cna be destroyed in numbers.

like the old Saying, quantity has a quality of its own. IN Dale Brown's Cheetah, the most advanced plane that was ultramaneuverable, stealthy, and thought controlled was eventually shot down because it relied on thechnology too much.The raptors would be unstoppable if more were produced, they could even become as cheap as an F-16.

i am concern, however, that the US navy does not have a stealth air superiority fighter. The F/A-37 Talon from that site loks cool, but alas it is not real.

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
Devil the F-23 is not better than the raptor both planes have unique features.

i will not get into an argument ,but i will correct some wrong facts.
the YF 23 is better because

*larger range

*larger payload

*stealthier

*faster

*better radar (or so i have heard but dont think this is 100% true.)

although the raptor was cheaper,easier to maintain,a dogfighter and fitted the polititions and some of the military's needs it was still inferior to the YF23

also the F37 talon? wasnt that a bogus plane?

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by devilwasp
i will not get into an argument ,but i will correct some wrong facts.
the YF 23 is better because

*larger range

No.

*larger payload

No again. Both were designed around Amraam misilles. In fact F-23 had also only 1 bay, so malfunction would make it defenseless.

*stealthier

Maybe, but only from sides and behind.

*faster

0.1 mach thats really "big" difference. Especially if radar absorbent materials are unable to sustain heat at speeds higher than 2 mach...

*better radar (or so i have heard but dont think this is 100% true.)

No, both radar were the same.

although the raptor was cheaper,easier to maintain,a dogfighter and fitted the polititions and some of the military's needs it was still inferior to the YF23

posted on Oct, 15 2004 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by longbow
No.

actually its atleast 100 miles larger range. but from the info i can find im getting mixed results. i even read one thing that said the F22 had a range of 2000 miles unrefuled.

No again. Both were designed around Amraam misilles. In fact F-23 had also only 1 bay, so malfunction would make it defenseless.

actually there was 2 bays so
, but seriosly yeah if one bay malfuntions then it only has etheir 4 or 2 missiles. bad odds.

Maybe, but only from sides and behind.

the first place you look for a bad guy is behind you isnt it? and if you go agaisnt a fighter isnt the easiest way to kill him is from behind, so he cant see you comeing or be in control of the fight.
but still is stealthy.

0.1 mach thats really "big" difference. Especially if radar absorbent materials are unable to sustain heat at speeds higher than 2 mach...

welll its really 0.2 faster not with after burner and mach 2 with after burnerbut its not really designed to get into a situation where its needing to run.

No, both radar were the same.

well there you go i was wrong

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 07:02 PM
link   
About the only differences I could find between the F-22 and the F-23 was that the F-23 would have been faster while the F-22 was more manuverable. The Talon I believe was actually a plane from some movie that was being made. But remember people if there is an YF-25 its probably top secret, meaning we wouldn't find it by Google.

posted on Oct, 17 2004 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by cyberdude78
About the only differences I could find between the F-22 and the F-23 was that the F-23 would have been faster while the F-22 was more manuverable.

I made a preaty good thread about the Y/F-23 vs F/A-22 a while back, but I can't find it.

Basically it boiled down to this:

The Black Widow was slightly faster and slightly more stealthy.

The Raptor was slightly more manuverable and slightly cheaper.

The decision came down to the manufacturers track records.

Lockheed has a good one with the F-117, while the B-2 had by far the greatest cost over runs ever.

When you look at how much the F/A-22 has cost so far, maybe it was the right decision...

IMHO - as far as performance goes, the Y/F-23 was the better aircraft especially considering it's designed role and tactics.

Ohhh - and I would guess that it also has a greater range then te Raptor because of larger wings to store fuel.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join