It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Very close pics of a UFO taken in an oil platform in the gulf of Mexico, must see

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by mudbeed

Originally posted by OwenGP185
As someone who does a lot of photo manipulations I'm 80% these are fake. For one the colours of the UFO do not fit in with the rest of the scene. Look the the greys in both the foreground and background, in the first image the shadows of the UFO have a warmer tint.

Also more importantly the depth of field, to many of the shots of the UFO are in sharp focus while both the foreground and background have more noise. This wouldnt happen on the type of camera which is obviously a poor point and shoot camera. The UFO itself looks like some kind of lamp also not to mention the light source seems off.
edit on 1-6-2011 by OwenGP185 because: (no reason given)

lmao. I love your response because you start off as someone who is knowledgable with photo manipulation then your conclusion is completely wrong. Sorry it was funny.

No kidding. The first thing that jumps out at you is the bad photoshop done to erase the wire or string that the thing is hanging from. I guess roughnecks don't get the chance to use Photoshop on a regular basis.

Seriously, though, can the mods move this to the HOAX forum asap? It's not even debatable.

edit on 2-6-2011 by AwakeinNM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by MJZoo
That looks like the top of one of my solar lights in my driveway.
They definitely LOOK fake. Mostly because they are so clear.

Sometimes I don't quite understand people. Not saying these photos are real ( as stated you can clearly see the smug line running down the top half of their "ufo"), but you say that it looks fake because it is too clear. On the other hand if it was a grainy night time shot you would say "it looks fake because it is too pixelated" or something of the sort. Just because a picture is clear doesn't mean the photo in question is fake, it's called having a quality camera/camcorder.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   

edit on 6/2/2011 by Irish614 because: double post

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish614

Sometimes I don't quite understand people. Not saying these photos are real ( as stated you can clearly see the smug line running down the top half of their "ufo"), but you say that it looks fake because it is too clear. On the other hand if it was a grainy night time shot you would say "it looks fake because it is too pixelated" or something of the sort. Just because a picture is clear doesn't mean the photo in question is fake, it's called having a quality camera/camcorder.

yeah i found that post funny too, if an alien ship landed in my backyard and I recorded it with a 1080p camcorder ppl would say I made it in 3ds max, sad but true.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
If you need another reason to believe this is a hoax, note the lack of reflections of the saucer in the water. Obvious hoax is obvious.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This is totally an old speaker, proboably 12 inch sub or old PA system for the oil rig.

posted on Jun, 2 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by free_spirit

Nice find, how did you find these photos? When I first looked at the photos, it definitely looked like a lamp cover or something man made. Way to back it up with proof!

posted on Jun, 4 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish614

I'm not defending specifically what the poster said about it being "too clear"...

...However, speaking in generalities, an object farther away from the camera should look less clear that objects close to the camera. This would be due to humidity in the air, among other reasons.

In this specific case, it seams the object must be very close to the camera, based of the relative clarity compared to the objects around it. Therefore (and ignoring the photoshopped-out string) , if it was a real craft, then it would probably be very small (which is not outside the realm of possibility).

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join