It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Could I Be On To Something?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Ok so I've just had a chat with my friend, I constantly try to enlighten him but fail evry time with the " do you really think they would get away with it " BS.

We were chatting about vegitables and meats when it struck me, he always eats GMO foods and I hardly eat these types of foods. Could this be the reason I am able to believe and he isn't?

I've heard of chemtrails and GMO's being used to dumbdown the population but could this really be the difference in two people who eat different foods?

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
No.

I'm the only one of my group of friends who is a vegetarian, and the only one who only buys organic produce and products. We have drawn out conversations that last hours about conspiracy theories, and they all believe, without a shadow of a doubt, in aliens and government cover ups and etc, etc.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by BenWoodsYcc

Could this be the reason I am able to believe and he isn't?

Almost every vegan I know is in denial about world affairs, government abuse and team sports (just wanted to throw that last one in for GP)...

So, no...what makes one realize what is truly going on is a matter of life experience and the ability to decipher b.s. from the real - and that's really it.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   
From what I can tell, you have awakened and stopped blindly trusting the gov/media ect. But that doesnt mean that your friend has. If someone isnt ready to hear the truth, then they wont. Its like me trying to tell you the sky is actually bright pink in colour, which of course you wont believe because you can CLEARLY see that it is blue! Why should it be any different than what you already believe and accept??? Its just an example I made up but its the same principle. Your friend has to realize on his/her own.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by BenWoodsYcc
We were chatting about vegitables and meats when it struck me, he always eats GMO foods and I hardly eat these types of foods. Could this be the reason I am able to believe and he isn't?

How do you know for sure "you hardly" eat GMO types of food?

They are pretty much in everything these days. I mean unless you are on a farm and know 100% for sure that it hasn't already been cross contaminated YET. You raise your own livestock for slaughter?

I'm just curious as to how you came to this perception is all.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BenWoodsYcc

How does your friend's health/weight compare to yours?

I'm more curious about that. My wife does the shopping and limits the meat we eat. Organic veggies to supplement the ones we grow ourselves.

Our pediatrician says our kids are underweight compared to others the same age. I feel my kids are normal, they aren't grossly skinny or anything. They are taller than average and lean. Processed foods and sugars are a rare "treat" in my home.

posted on Jun, 1 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Next you'll start to believe you're an indigo child.

GMO foods are like MSG: They ain't for sissies. Smart-alec lil' vegans.

Jus' kiddin' BOO on GMO foods...YAY for some MSG laden Chinese food though!
edit on 1-6-2011 by The GUT because: (no reason given)

top topics

join